Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

About to hit the road and return to Saffron Walden. Windows down probably playing some classic rock along the dual carriageway.

Have a good afternoon everyone :)

• Like 2

Posted

Hi all,

Who's pinched the like buttons then??

Glorious spring day today. all of my Daffs are in full bloom with the forget me nots not far behind. Birdies are singing their little socks off.....fabulous

• Like 6

Posted

Hi all,

Who's pinched the like buttons then??

Glorious spring day today. all of my Daffs are in full bloom with the forget me nots not far behind. Birdies are singing their little socks off.....fabulous

Hi Jan

Lack of like buttons is, like, lacking something!

Mind you I just clicked on the up arrow for your last post and is now shows you as +1, but doesn't show you who rated the post.  I wonder if this is because the likes were causing fall out on here?  Would be a shame if that had been happening.  Like Steve, I preferred the old system

Anyway, weather is stunning - in Brighton this morning there was a chilly-ish breeze but it was just warm enough on the beach to get away with a T-Shirt (though there were a few hardy souls on the nudist beach - braver chaps and all that!)  Back in Reigate now it's properly warm

Best wishes to all that are having difficult times.

AS

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

beautiful,and thats just the footy,clear blue sky and a pleasent warmth,really does cheer you up no end,see you later

• Like 1

Posted

The like buttons were always something of an experiment, and what we've found is that they do occasionally cause some friction - whether it be people wondering why their own post wasn't liked by a particular person but someone elses was, or why someone liked a particular post and so on. So we have switched back to the original system, where everyone can still show appreciation for a post but without the names on them just to remove that possible cause for problems. 

• Like 8

Posted

Paul I'm not a fan, all of us on this thread are civil and measured. I see no use for this, perhaps on the mod thread. Not here. Revert back to what we had, would be ideal :good:

We are all a community in some sense so we should have the freedome to see who likes what ever post.

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening all, what a stunning day it was for anyone who like me, is enjoying this early burst of Spring. Rarely have I seen skies such a shade of blue at this time of year.

The skies are a glorious blue here in west London.

Don't think it's going to match yesterday's 19 °C, though.

It did CS. It reached 19.1c at Northolt and was still a very pleasant 18.4c at 5pm. The contrast between this March and last is quite remarkable. Hope you all had a good weekend.Posted Image

I know I may appear obsessed with the Bognor Regis Webcam but have a gander now for a view of the moon over the sea.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 5

Posted

The like buttons were always something of an experiment, and what we've found is that they do occasionally cause some friction - whether it be people wondering why their own post wasn't liked by a particular person but someone elses was, or why someone liked a particular post and so on. So we have switched back to the original system, where everyone can still show appreciation for a post but without the names on them just to remove that possible cause for problems. 

I can understand the reasoning and logic behind this decision Paul, just a shame it has apparently come to this.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

My neighbour was walking around half naked today and it wasn't even 20c, could you imagine the summer.Posted Image  Nice evening out there, 15c............must get a wooden fence.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Paul I'm not a fan, all of us on this thread are civil and measured. I see no use for this, perhaps on the mod thread. Not here. Revert back to what we had, would be ideal Posted Image

We are all a community in some sense so we should have the freedome to see who likes what ever post.

Sorry, same rules for everyone I'm afraid...making exceptions to suit individuals needs simply isn't fair, or possible....

on to the weather, well, what a glorious day!....20C hit here, beer, sun, sunburn/tan & bbq with great company....what more could one ask for?!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Top temp of 18.8c here today

Was hoping to beat my previous high temp of 19.1c recorded on the 9th, looking at the forecast I may have to wait a while now :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Top temp of 18.8c here today

Was hoping to beat my previous high temp of 19.1c recorded on the 9th, looking at the forecast I may have to wait a while now Posted Image

19.1c here today essex easterly. Is it going to cool down from now on?

• Like 2

Posted

Pleased to report a good day today, before we left to see the grand kids we took the decision to do some washing, not your normal stuff, but my cold work gear, all the multi layer thin and thick coats etc., people think I'm made going out on a hot summer day lugging all this gear out to the car, but its give me the opportunity to work at -25c for many hours, think longest was in excess of 6 hours, which was stupid, but when your brain get cold you just don't think straight. Anyway it was the earliest this half yearly event took place and not only that the majority of it came in dry, something that dosen't happen normally, so for a first time ages I can report that her indoors is happy. Really amazing what makes a woman happy :-)

Clear out at moment, have a great one what's left of it.

• Like 2

Posted

Amazing programme on Channel 4 right now.

Live from Space: Lap of the Planet

Live broadcast from the International Space Station

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Watching CH4 too

Warm evening (even challenged my sister on if the horses really needed rugging tonight it is so mild)

Posted

Sorry, same rules for everyone I'm afraid...making exceptions to suit individuals needs simply isn't fair, or possible....

Im just not a huge fan of "change" but going through it, I fully understand the reasoning behind this, but as I said threads which have had a pristine image should not also be taken guilty for others, and im sure im not the only person who does not give this new feature the green light. I will have to accept it, you've done right so far so who am I to question. Weather note its dry. Edited by Daniel*

Im just not a huge fan of "change" but going through it, I fully understand the reasoning behind this, but as I said threads which have had a pristine image should not also be taken guilty for others, and im sure im not the only person who does not give this new feature the green light. I will have to accept it, you've done right so far so who am I to question. Weather note its dry.

Daniel I agree with your comments and we have to accept the changes however maybe a couple of days warning would help. Glad to see that we don't have negative posts as we know where that went in the model thread last time.

Lovely day here with the sun staying out longer than expected.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all

Hope you had a good weekend

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Looks dry to at least thurs night and even then it looks to be patchy as its dying as it gets here

Tad chilly north west winds to tues night

Wed breezy south westerly but could feel a lot warmer

Frost a very small local chance

Cloud mon

Clearer tues

Sunny wed

All in all still good

Anyway be back tomorrow

Take care all

John

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Evening, another lovely day here, a max according to the W/S in the garden of 19.5 c, lots achieved and looking forward to seeing the trees in leaf and a wave goodbye to what was a long, dreary winter devoid of sun and natural light.

Re: the 'liking' changes, I suspect it was long considered and discussed and obviously the pro's outweighed the con's for the adjustments made.

In some ways, If I saw a snarky remark/post and those who then 'liked it, it gave me some moral indicators and informed my decision whether to 'swerve' such posters in future… I also liked the fact that you could 'connect a like to a name' when you showed support for another, of which this forum is very good at (although, yes, I know, this is a predominately weather forum), it made the support more empathic and real.  But, I also totally understand the reasoning behind making likes 'anonymous' too.  It's a difficult strike to balance.  Just my take on it, forgive the OT, I felt a need to say it. 

Either way, I hope it makes moderating easier and ensures more harmonious discussion, debate and banter…about weather.  Tis now 9.3 c and I am not sure we have seen the last of the cold, so stocked one more cubic metre of wood for the stove to be sure :-) 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Just back from putting to sleep the second of our lovely cats. He had a lovely afternoon in the sunshine. We had to put the first one down on Monday which left us both distraught then today has the left the other half inconsolable.

I'm so very sorry legrandfromage that you had to make and follow through those difficult decisions.  It is heart breaking, I know that from my own experiences with my horses, dogs and cats.  My deepest sympathy and best wishes to both you and your wife.  

Walked around the lake and cathedral in St Albans this afternoon, as did most of the city by the look of the crowds.  I find myself wondering how the poor person is who was taken by air ambulance from outside the cathedral at around 2.30pm, and hoping for the best for him or her.  

17oC this afternoon although feeling far hotter in the sun.  Absolutely beautiful full moon tonight and currently still 10oC, wind: west 7mph 

• Like 3

Posted

Evening, another lovely day here, a max according to the W/S in the garden of 19.5 c, lots achieved and looking forward to seeing the trees in leaf and a wave goodbye to what was a long, dreary winter devoid of sun and natural light.

Re: the 'liking' changes, I suspect it was long considered and discussed and obviously the pro's outweighed the con's for the adjustments made.

In some ways, If I saw a snarky remark/post and those who then 'liked it, it gave me some moral indicators and informed my decision whether to 'swerve' such posters in future… I also liked the fact that you could 'connect a like to a name' when you showed support for another, of which this forum is very good at (although, yes, I know, this is a predominately weather forum), it made the support more empathic and real.  But, I also totally understand the reasoning behind making likes 'anonymous' too.  It's a difficult strike to balance.  Just my take on it, forgive the OT, I felt a need to say it. 

Either way, I hope it makes moderating easier and ensures more harmonious discussion, debate and banter…about weather.  Tis now 9.3 c and I am not sure we have seen the last of the cold, so stocked one more cubic metre of wood for the stove to be sure :-) 

Hi A I think, having read the posts explaining the rationale, that I was too hasty in my earlier gentle objection. 

Wasn't your home town stunning this weekend?  Gorgeous weather, gin-clear blue skies today, a breeze to keep you on your toes, and the white Georgian terraces like pristine sails ready to take to the sea.  The beach, at least down 'our' end (Nudie beach territory) still had lots of flotsam and jetsam pushed way above the normal tideline, presumably by the storms, but things were getting back to closer to what passes for normal in Brighton.

We realised today as we sat on the pebbles and watched the fishermen, that our next time on a beach will be back in North Pembrokeshire in about 4 week's time and I'm already aching to be there, whatever the weather.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 4

The community managed for years without the like button, as it's only been about (in the form of public likes) for about a year or so, I'd say it's the members, the posts, the pm's and the discussion which make any community, not a like button.

I'd also say this new system could well add something to the community as if people want to engage a bit more with others and show their thanks, agreement or whatever publicly and personally, they may choose to post when previously may have just hit the like button Posted Image

Like I said.. Hey Ho no need