Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

What a lovely day for a birthday day Posted Image having a picnic down the park this afternoon and I'm sure the ducks will have a bite to eat as well lol ... I couldn't of picked a better day for it if I tried Posted Image

Happy Birthday Dancer! Enjoy your picnic — I am truly envious!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Happy Bday Dancer, sat outside having lunch in warm sunshine and blue sky's here, no idea what the temp is as at work but feels like low 20s in direct sunlight, glorious!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Glorious! Crystal clear blue sky and warm esp in the sun. :D

• Like 1

Posted

What a lovely day for a birthday day Posted Image having a picnic down the park this afternoon and I'm sure the ducks will have a bite to eat as well lol ... I couldn't of picked a better day for it if I tried Posted Image

Happy Birthday Dancer! Posted Image

I might be in Solihull Park a bit later - save plenty of grub for me.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Happy Bday Dancer, sat outside having lunch in warm sunshine and blue sky's here, no idea what the temp is as at work but feels like low 20s in direct sunlight, glorious!

Yes, it's certainly warm in the sun. However, I've just looked in the screen and the shade temperature here is only 10.6c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some small cumulus about right now but really warm in that sun. Should be even better tomorrow with warmer temps by 2 or 3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

One packed park here! You would think winter has just ended or something lol Anyway as some have mentioned great in the sun but not so in the shade !:)

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Beautiful sunny day, does feel warm again despite only being 14C in the shade. Feels more like 18 or 19 though, comfortable T shirt and shorts weather. Strange how the temperatures are struggling to climb in this sun, just like they keep struggling to fall overnight under the clear skies.

PS Why is the Metoffice reporting Shawbury as cloudy at 1400? It certainly isn't!

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Looking forward to tomorrow being exactly the same but somewhat warmer. Will be great. Plan to spend the evening watching the stars and have the chiminea on the go too :)

Posted

An unexpected frost here! Just scraping in at -0.1C, but plenty of white grass on show. Hopefully now, it will be as sunny as yesterday.

Posted

Yes a slight ground frost here to, another lovely morning with blue sky's and a little haze which should burn off later, the sun already feels warm but as yesterday cool in the shade.

Posted

Easter Bank Holiday weather not looking quite so awful now, tomorrow and Saturday look decent enough around 13/14c providing the North Sea grot stays away, then Sunday's storm is gradually being pushed further south so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, a mostly clear start though milder than recent mornings at 7.7c

Posted

Still no airfrost this month, never got below 2C last night. Sunny again but a bit more wispy citrus than yesterday, similar temperatures. 

The last air frost here was on February 12th although there have been a number of occasions when it's been very close to one.

The previous earliest date for the last air frost of the season is March 8th in 2011  and  this record could well be under threat as air frost is looking unlikely ( here) in the rest of April, and air frost in May is about a once in 10 years occurrence at this location.

Posted

Gusting 47mph just now here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Good Friday .... And pretty good it looks! What a cracking start... Deep blue skies here, not expecting the temperatures to go up much though.... 7c atm :)

Posted

Yup after a clear start reached 50% coverage of statromuck by 9am and 95% by 10am, thought it was going to be clear everywhere away from the East Mids/East Anglia today but the Telford Sun Shield is clearly back in full force :lol:

Posted

Exceptionally nice day if a little cool out of the sun. But warm otherwise and perfect blue skies.

Posted

Cloud dissolved after earlier rant :lol: felt lovely and warm in the sun this afternoon, crystal clear skies the past few hours, max of 13.1c, now 11.9c

Posted

Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned, it's looking unlikely that tomorrow's rain will reach here before early evening, if at all.

The GFS consistently modelled this to be the case, contrary to the Met' Office who, a couple of days ago, were confident the rain would reach Derbyshire by early afternoon.

My only crumb of comfort is that the GFS continues to show an area of fairly heavy rain setting in during tomorrow evening as it moves painfully slowly from the south.

Posted

Dipped to 1.0c in the end last night, around 85%-90% cloud coverage at the minute with brief spells of sunshine and an easterly breeze picking up, quite chilly at 8.7c

Posted

Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerned, it's looking unlikely that tomorrow's rain will reach here before early evening, if at all.

The GFS consistently modelled this to be the case, contrary to the Met' Office who, a couple of days ago, were confident the rain would reach Derbyshire by early afternoon.

My only crumb of comfort is that the GFS continues to show an area of fairly heavy rain setting in during tomorrow evening as it moves painfully slowly from the south.

Good for the rest of us. http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Not too bad here, quite cloudy but some sunny spells. 11.5c so much warmer than Telford!

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1