Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt_

Thunderstorm videos and images

We are now heading into spring and later summer, which means that the thundery showers and thunderstorms will soon be developing. Use this thread to post your videos and images from thunderstorms in the UK and they can be from this year, or any other year you wish!

I'll get us started. This was a storm that was recorded on November 9, 2013.

Edited by ScottRichards10

Really good vid, that. Great sounding thunder. Think we had, or have, a thread for storm vids on the forum, but good idea to start a fresh one for the upcoming "season".  I hope to get some decent footage this year.  Been pretty relaxed the past few years in this regard. 

Just a thought but perhaps the thread would be more appropriately placed in the severe weather part of the forum, where the convective threads are?

Yeah thanks! I know I should have put it in "Severe Weather" but really this thread is just for images and videos, so that's why I put it in the "Photography" section. Posted Image

Nice video. I wish I could post something but I haven't had a storm like yours since 1998 (proper CG)

Thunderstorm, Leeds Festival - August 2013.

Thunderstorm, Leeds city centre - July 2010 (skip to around 1 minutes).

Edited by cheese

Probably not the greatest storm video as I didn't capture any lightning strikes on it, but here's an old one from 11 April 2008 at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, that I uploaded to YouTube.  The thunder was remarkably frequent early in the storm, considering the time of year, and then there was a significant deluge of hail.

That spell of sunshine-and-showers conditions during 6-15 April 2008 gave 3 days of sleet/snow and 3 days with thunder at the UEA.

Found another video of mine with lightning captures from 7th August 2008, also at the UEA:

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

El Brumo from late June 2012

Edited by Arnie Pie

Many a time I've looked at a photo and thought I wish I had taken that.

This storm photo near Dallas, TX takes the cake tonight. Weather in all its glory. Via @RobKochWNTV pic.twitter.com/G4pJEDcihw

post-12275-0-33884900-1396003863_thumb.j

Edited by knocker

Deleted. Wrong thread.

Edited by knocker

I made this movie last monday. It's recorded in Belgium.

Nice video and welcome to Netweather! Posted Image

The last beast of a storm we had was on the 7th of May 2011 during a plume.. Here's a montage of clips from that evening. By far the loudest thunder I've ever heard, as you can tell from the last clip! Thunder that really made your heart race with excitement and fear;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbscexlYDbU&feature=youtu.be

Didcot, Oxfordshire: Friday 13th 11.30pm:

Probably the best thunderstorm I have seen in a very, long while! I managed to catch my very first boilt of lightning on camera too :) Very pleased!

http://youtu.be/oyKNli-pHbU

Edited by StormChaser

Deleted

Edited by knocker

Just looking through some of my older YouTube videos and I found this one of a flight between Orlando and Miami. I got some great shots of developing thunderstorms as I flew past.

Best shots are at 7:20 onwards and 10:00 onwards.

Hi all, im not sure where to post this question but here goes.

Ive got a bridge cam and im on the hunt to capture some shots in the storm tonight. Is there a trick to getting a good shot? I don't have a tripod, but not sure what kind of settings I need to use to capture something good, any advise?

thanks

Hi all, im not sure where to post this question but here goes.

Ive got a bridge cam and im on the hunt to capture some shots in the storm tonight. Is there a trick to getting a good shot? I don't have a tripod, but not sure what kind of settings I need to use to capture something good, any advise?

thanks

I actually don't know. The picture I taken was just the most well-timed picture ever!

Amazing stuff, that extremely close one in the middle made me jump as I have the volume turned up for maximum effect. 

Here, we haven't had one that good since 2001 (the best thunderstorm for many decades).. it's worth saying those storms like in your video are possibly once in a lifetime events for here (that's how bad it is).

Nice to see Manchester area taking a hit from a major thunderstorm though.

Edited by SP1986

Sign in to follow this