Sign in to follow this  
Weather-history

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Could the plane have sunk without trace?The pilots managed to land on surface of water but a hole in the bottom of the fuselage meant the plane immediately started filling with water quickly such that no one had time to get out if people did survive?

Anything is possible  but a controlled descent to the seas surface would take some time,enough time for any number of calls from passengers to whomever?

Could the plane have sunk without trace?The pilots managed to land on surface of water but a hole in the bottom of the fuselage meant the plane immediately started filling with water quickly such that no one had time to get out if people did survive?

Interesting idea, the plane that landed on the River Hudson did eventually sink in more or less one piece. The landing of a plane on water is incredibly difficult, though.

If there was a bomb then need to wonder and worry how that was possible..

No statement from any terrorist organisation claiming responsibility . Terrorists blow things up and then brag about it, as a propoganda tool.

No statement from any terrorist organisation claiming responsibility . Terrorists blow things up and then brag about it, as a propoganda tool.

I suppose a few individuals who are not connected to any larger terrorist organisations are capable of blowing up a plane. It would explain the lack of "bragging", although I'd imagine plenty of terrorist organisations would love to claim responsibility regardless.

relatives were ringing missing folks mobile phones and they were ringing (no answer obviously)..but why can't the phone signals be tracked and at least greatly narrow down the search area..

we are always being told that everything is tracked nowadays..so ???. Posted Image none of this twilight zone style mystery adds up.Posted Image

Mobile phones can't ring in the middle of the ocean, any ringing tones are probably generated in the network somewhere. How many times have you rang a person got a ringing tone, but they say it never rang?

The idea of the plane landing in tact I suppose is plausable but do they have life rafts on board with radio transmitters?

Edited by HighPressure

Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

Could a parallel universe have immediately swelled up from random cosmological fluctuation according to the multiverse theory and swallowed the flight into its folds ?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/malaysian-airlines-expands-investigation-to-includ,35524/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

I suppose it's no more unlikely than any of the other 'theories' and speculations !

This is the most interesting piece of news to surface today:

"Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning. Malaysia Airlines did not subscribe to that service, but the plane was still automatically sending pings to the satellite, the official said."

It did this for 4hrs after contact was lost and is why the search is shifting to the Indian Ocean and my guess is that wreckage will be discovered in the next 48hrs or so? If they don't we could well be looking at the giant squid scenario.  

maybe the giant squid will release its grip on the plane soon.

Do they fly?

Now we are being told the plane after it disappeared was still sending signals to satellites for up to 5 hours.

If it was hijacked and it was flying to the west, there is only one country I could think it was heading for and that would be Somalia but I don't think it had the fuel to reach that country.

Now we are being told the plane after it disappeared was still sending signals to satellites for up to 5 hours.If it was hijacked and it was flying to the west, there is only one country I could think it was heading for and that would be Somalia but I don't think it had the fuel to reach that country.

Sky news saying the Plane was deliberatley flown to the Andaman Islands...

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/andaman-and-nicobar-islands-a-potential-terror-hub-home-ministry/

Andaman and Nicobar Islands a potential terror hub: Home Ministry

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-3240363

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints - indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training - when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast. 

Edited by R.P. McMurphy

I've been totally obsessed by this. I cannot imagine the unbearable agony those families are in not knowing. In this day and age you just don't expect a huge plane to just go missing. The reporting has been shambolic and the denial of every report by the Malaysians makes this look very fishy indeed. 

4-5 hours flying time from where the plane was suposedly last know (or thereabouts) can also take the plane here...

post-16115-0-15262000-1394789757_thumb.j

I've no idea why they would be headed here but perhaps it could've been hijacked and ordered to here, shot down? crashed short? I have a feeling we wont ever know the truth.

I've been totally obsessed by this. I cannot imagine the unbearable agony those families are in not knowing. In this day and age you just don't expect a huge plane to just go missing. The reporting has been shambolic and the denial of every report by the Malaysians makes this look very fishy indeed. 

4-5 hours flying time from where the plane was suposedly last know (or thereabouts) can also take the plane here...

Posted Imageflight time.jpg

I've no idea why they would be headed here but perhaps it could've been hijacked and ordered to here, shot down? crashed short? I have a feeling we wont ever know the truth.

See my post above, US are saying it was flown to the Adaman Islands.. Hence the new search over Indian Ocean..

It's a mystery, but looking like one of the Pilots are in on this. My bet, the young lad.

"Two U.S. officials believe the shutdown of two separate communications systems from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 happened at different times, indicating the disappearance was less likely the result of a catastrophic failure and more the result of a "deliberate act," according to a new report from ABC News."

Edited by R.P. McMurphy

See my post above, US are saying it was flown to the Adaman Islands.. Hence the new search over Indian Ocean..

It's a mystery, but looking like one of the Pilots are in on this. My bet, the young lad.

"Two U.S. officials believe the shutdown of two separate communications systems from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 happened at different times, indicating the disappearance was less likely the result of a catastrophic failure and more the result of a "deliberate act," according to a new report from ABC News."

To or towards? That wouldn't fit in with an extra 4-5 hours flying time though? 4-5 hours would take them way further. Its at a point where you just don't know what to believe, all the quotes from sources are officially denied and contradict eachother. I hope they find it soon wherever it may be 

Nothing makes sense... Re-Cap from PC.

Press conference going on at 0930 GMT1 Turnback not 100% certified. primary military radar shows an unidentified aircraft flew across the peninsula.2 US satelliet information cannot be revealed right now until verified and confirmed3 we are now sharing info that is not normally shared because of national security4 cannot confirm that there has been no hijacking5 we are extending the search into the Indian Ocean and further into the South China Sea6 two oil slicks found near area of last point of contact - one had jet fuel but say not from MH370. Other had no jet fuel.7 Plane flew across the peninsula and on up to Andaman islands question - Transport minister will not confirm or verify.8 Reports engine data continued not true.

He also just said they haven't investigated the pilot's simulator yet. That's unreal. What are they doing ?

Why are they denying other people?

Still stinks.

To or towards? That wouldn't fit in with an extra 4-5 hours flying time though? 4-5 hours would take them way further. Its at a point where you just don't know what to believe, all the quotes from sources are officially denied and contradict eachother. I hope they find it soon wherever it may be 

Towards... So next country after that is India or Bangladesh. Who knows, might habe even re-fueled somewhere & headed for Somalia !

Very little official new information has come out, just more unconfirmed reports and variations on the "anything is possible" theme - the search area gets bigger and the plot thickens !

There are now 57 ships and 48 aircraft from 13 countries involved,  plus experts from the UK's Air Accident Investigation Bureau, surely someone will find something soon - it can't have just vanished into thin air can it ?

The pilot had a simulator at home?

He does. He spends all his time on it too apparently. He is a geeky guy, loves planes, loves life, loves cooking and spends a lot of time on his FS. I haven't seen much on the younger co-pilot

Here is his FS anyway

post-16115-0-12777200-1394793066_thumb.j

I find the Diego Garcia theory quite intriguing, but would certainly involve US military involvement/knowledge.

Could be... This is dodgy. Feet are the same, and the legs lol...The two Iranians.

Posted Image

Fox News have just interviewed Lt.General McInereny in the US and he states that he thinks the 777 may have being flown to Pakistan.

He says he believes the answer to why it was taken is that the large plane could easily be used as a way of transporting explosives to carry out attacks on aircraft carriers and other government targets. 9/11 scenario. He also stated that such a large a/c would be difficult to hide on an island and he thinks its on the mainland.

He mentioned that the 777 had a satellite phone onboard, which will have allowed the pilots to talk to people on the ground without them being monitored.

Interesting comments from the high ranking US military man.

Edited by R.P. McMurphy

I find the Diego Garcia theory quite intriguing, but would certainly involve US military involvement/knowledge.

post-10773-0-10104300-1394794591_thumb.j

Diego Garcia appears to fall near but within the limits of the plane’s maximum travel distance, it could have been the target of a terrorist plot using this plane but if a US naval base shot down a fully-loaded civilian airliner out of the sky in a 'them or us' scenario surely the US military would have had to own up by now !

Edited by MKsnowangel