Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we not make "funny" comments about this? It's not exactly appropriate.

OMFG the penny has just dropped. It's not India or Iran its only actually god dam N.A.R.N.I.A.Quick someone alert the authorities.

I'm very surprised you have missed the obvious flaw in your 'hypothesis'....the airliner depicted in the 'jungle image' is not a Boeing-777!......A 777 has two wing mounted engines, whereas the aircra

Posted Images

Posted

Today has just hardened my view that the plane kept flying until it ran out of fuel in a similar fashion to the Helios flight. 6 or 7 hrs flying time at 500-600 mph means it could be 3000mls out in the ocean somewhere or even on some remote land. Loss of transponder, no contact and no wreckage wherebit should be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I feel so sorry for the relatives. The Malaysian authorities are clearly not up to standard to deal with something like this, or they just don't have the resources. Maybe the Chinese should take over?

• Like 1
    Posted

Today has just hardened my view that the plane kept flying until it ran out of fuel in a similar fashion to the Helios flight. 6 or 7 hrs flying time at 500-600 mph means it could be 3000mls out in the ocean somewhere or even on some remote land. Loss of transponder, no contact and no wreckage wherebit should be?

I disagree.

I think that the plane has indeed exploded somewhere close to where the radar signal was lost and the debris has sunk. Perhaps the black box was damaged sufficiently that it couldn't send a signal.

Surely a plane could not fly for so long and so far without it being picked up, and indeed it would still be picked up on radar.

Posted

I disagree. Surely a plane could not fly for so long and so far without it being picked up, and indeed it would still be picked up on radar.

My understanding is that radar is line of sight, so out in the ocean or at low height it wouldn't be picked up.
    Posted

I disagree. I think that the plane has indeed exploded somewhere close to where the radar signal was lost and the debris has sunk. Perhaps the black box was damaged sufficiently that it couldn't send a signal. Surely a plane could not fly for so long and so far without it being picked up, and indeed it would still be picked up on radar.

There would be so much buoyant debris floating on the surface it would be near impossible to miss.

Now reports the engines transmitted data for 4 hours after last reported position

As part of its maintenance agreements, Malaysia Airlines transmits its engine data live to Rolls-Royce for analysis. The system compiles data from inside the 777's two Trent 800 engines and transmits snapshots of performance, as well as the altitude and speed of the jet.

Those snippets are compiled and transmitted in 30-minute increments, said one person familiar with the system. According to Rolls-Royce's website, the data is processed automatically "so that subtle changes in condition from one flight to another can be detected."

The engine data is being analyzed to help determine the flight path of the plane after the transponders stopped working. The jet was originally headed for China, and its last verified position was half way across the Gulf of Thailand.A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet's cruising speed.

Very odd. I give up trying to understand this until we can get something concrete, so much confusion.

Posted

I think it's daft that it's actually possible to turn the transponder off. Why would anyone want to do this?

Posted

I think it's daft that it's actually possible to turn the transponder off. Why would anyone want to do this?

@mpoppel: WSJ sources: US investigators pursuing theory that missing airliner was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose"

Posted

@mpoppel: WSJ sources: US investigators pursuing theory that missing airliner was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose"

I should have rephrased it to say why would anyone want to do this for innocent reasons?

Posted

I should have rephrased it to say why would anyone want to do this for innocent reasons?

Like anything else on an aircraft, a transponder can sometimes malfunction and give out erroneous data. Therefore the pilots need to retain the right to switch it off if they see fit.

Bish

Posted

The plane had finite fuel, therefore they can work out the maximum flight time and using the point of disappearance as the centre of a circle, the plane had to landed/come down within that circle.

The Malaysian authorities have said there is no evidence that it flew on for a few hours after it was lost.

Are you kidding?

There is no evidence of what happened to it full stop.

There is no evidence of what happened to it full stop.

All we know is that the plane has been lost. Last definitive contact at 1:21am - 1:30am local time off the NE Malaysian coast. Everything else is speculation. We know no more about what happened than when the news first broke.

Probably some fishing boat will drag up a piece of wreckage in its net and then we might finally get somewhere...

• Like 1
    Posted

As was said earlier - something stinks here and it could be as simple as the authorities inability to make a proper search of the area.  personally, i think we're not being told everything that they know. why that is i have no idea. what i do know is that in an information vacuum, the truth will be the first casualty and conspiracy theories will abound.

• Like 1
    Posted

It is certainly a mystery, I think the plane just imploded completely obliterating the plane, into small fragments which are near possible to identify. I feel terrible for the loved ones, to be left in the lurch. Like this is unforgivable. Even though the inevitable, is not going to be a pretty picture, at least they can have some closure, and try to move on from this horrendous tragedy. In this modern age, it surely must not be that difficult to track a plane?

• Like 1
    Posted

It is certainly a mystery, I think the plane just imploded completely obliterating the plane, into small fragments which are near possible to identify. I feel terrible for the loved ones, to be left in the lurch. Like this is unforgivable. Even though the inevitable, is not going to be a pretty picture, at least they can have some closure, and try to move on from this horrendous tragedy. In this modern age, it surely must not be that difficult to track a plane?

The Americans have already said that their satellites picked up no heat signatures though and even if it blew up into tiny fragments (highly unlikely) those fragments would be all over the ocean.
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Two new theory's I have now are:

1 - meteorite/ space material

2 - Radar dispute over whether the plane did go west.. my view is what was really on that radar if it is true and what did it (if it did) have to do with MH370..

Edited by Tobor
    Posted

Seems like an odd scenario but I'm not privy to the minds of the CIA. My questions would be, if the ill intention is to use the plane as a missile it surely would be picked up by radar and shot down by a country's military as soon as it crossed over into another country's borders? I also think the plane is not capable of a long haul flight, so I struggle to see what local SE Asian country would be viewed as antagonistic to a terrorists ideals?  Also, where would they get the jet fuel from to rejuice it ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
    Posted

If there was a bomb then need to wonder and worry how that was possible..

Edited by Tobor
    Posted

Perhaps the only way wreckage will be recovered is if parts wash up onshore ( eventually )

Posted Image

• Like 1
    Posted

Could the plane have sunk without trace?

The pilots managed to land on surface of water but a hole in the bottom of the fuselage meant the plane immediately started filling with water quickly such that no one had time to get out if people did survive?

Posted

which ever theory anyone puts forward it still doesnt add up, something stinks thats for sure