Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I really don't buy this theory that they may have landed it to fill it with bombs. A plane on its own is essentially a flying bomb in the wrong hands anyway, what would be the point in going to all those lengths just to add a bit more explosives?

Exactly - I think 9/11 proved that all to well ! As Steve has said at this stage it's all just pure speculation and won't prove anything - if the experts can't find it or any definite answers then some armchair missing airplane conspiracy documentary viewers are certainly not going to solve the mystery !
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 764
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we not make "funny" comments about this? It's not exactly appropriate.

OMFG the penny has just dropped. It's not India or Iran its only actually god dam N.A.R.N.I.A.Quick someone alert the authorities.

I'm very surprised you have missed the obvious flaw in your 'hypothesis'....the airliner depicted in the 'jungle image' is not a Boeing-777!......A 777 has two wing mounted engines, whereas the aircra

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Exactly - I think 9/11 proved that all to well !As Steve has said at this stage it's all just pure speculation and won't prove anything - if the experts can't find it or any definite answers then some armchair missing airplane conspiracy documentary viewers are certainly not going to solve the mystery !

Indeed. But like I've said - as tragic as it is, it's a curious and intriguing news story in a slightly morbid way. 

Posted

Exactly - I think 9/11 proved that all to well !As Steve has said at this stage it's all just pure speculation and won't prove anything - if the experts can't find it or any definite answers then some armchair missing airplane conspiracy documentary viewers are certainly not going to solve the mystery !

I don't buy into the idea of hijacking a plane then hiding it for some later use either; but if this was the 1 in a million possibility they would be keeping their mouths shut at this point.

Posted

Satellite images of possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been released on a Chinese government website.

The three images show what appear to be a large, floating object in the South China Sea. Previous sightings of possible debris have proved fruitless...

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26554875

Posted

China have released satellite images from Sunday showing "floating objects", quite a way away from the search area.

Map co-ordinates alongside them place the object - or objects - in the South China Sea between Malaysia and Vietnam.

Seems to be in the search area. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

could be floating bodies, could be bits of plane, could be nothing.

Posted

could be floating bodies, could be bits of plane, could be nothing.

It's about 20m x 20m, certainly not a body!

The images look fairly convincing, this one looks like a piece of fuselage with parts of the wings on either side? What looks like a fuel slick also spotted near these objects.

Posted Image

Grr at all the conspiracy theorists saying because the images were captured Sunday and not released until now there is a cover up. It could take days for people to look through them before finding the objects especially with the confusion on where the plane was lost. Like trying to find a grain of rice floating on a large lake...

Hopefully come daylight it can be confirmed and the relatives can get some kind of closure, hopefully the flight recorder will be found fairly quickly too. The seas are fairly shallow so hopefully it won't take 2 years to recover as with the Air France crash.

Posted

I don't buy into the idea of hijacking a plane then hiding it for some later use either; but if this was the 1 in a million possibility they would be keeping their mouths shut at this point.

The transponders that allow the flight to be tracked are well hidden, so presumably impossible to disable from within the cockpit, so it would be impossible to hide the plane, even in areas of poor coverage. The logical explanation is catastrophic explosion or complete oxygen failure followed by catastropic explosion. Conspiracy theories are unhelpful.

Posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10687223/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html

05.05 Malaysia's civil aviation chief has said no signs of the missing Malaysian jetliner have been found at a location where the Chinese satellite images showed what 'might be' plane debris.

Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman says planes searched the location today.

There is nothing. We went there, there is nothing," he told reporters in Kuala Lumpur.

Well looks like were back to square one, 

Question, In today's age, Why don't their keep the black box, As back up... But have all of black boxes information sent via internet...

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

Satellite images of possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been released on a Chinese government website.The three images show what appear to be a large, floating object in the South China Sea. Previous sightings of possible debris have proved fruitless...source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26554875

Nothing found, I'm afraid. I think the Malaysian authorities media handling of this has been a total shambles. It's confusing, contradictory. Different times were given when it went missing, told that it was on radar going to the west then denied. No consistency.
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Not seen this posted: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2579064/Could-YOU-solve-mystery-missing-Malaysia-Airlines-flight-Satellite-images-public-help-locate-MH370-jet.html

Took a look myself at the satellite photos. The site is here: http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/21894

It is DigitalGlobe imagery. Click sign in then put email and then click sign up to be member to enable use of functions/report objects

(tomnod.com)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Some plane trails through cloud spotted, I know there not from the missing plane as image is quite a time after but just showing this: 

post-11361-0-56645100-1394693763_thumb.j

The imagery you see here is what you can view on the site posted in my previous post..

This image from a news site have done a bit of falsecolour/high contrast/gamma work, can see some more detail of the object. Original image found by someone using the Tomnod satellite site as in news.

post-11361-0-30610400-1394693783_thumb.j

Edited by Tobor
    Posted

I really don't buy this theory that they may have landed it to fill it with bombs. A plane on its own is essentially a flying bomb in the wrong hands anyway, what would be the point in going to all those lengths just to add a bit more explosives?

Nuclear warhead?

Posted

The transponders that allow the flight to be tracked are well hidden, so presumably impossible to disable from within the cockpit, so it would be impossible to hide the plane, even in areas of poor coverage. The logical explanation is catastrophic explosion or complete oxygen failure followed by catastropic explosion. Conspiracy theories are unhelpful.

How can a theory (even the wacky ones, aliens, giant squid) posted on a uk weather site be "unhelpful" I don't think for one minute the Malaysian Government reads this thread?

Anyway, do pilots know the location of  the transponders in the cockpit? If not 'could' it be possible for a pilot to get info from a 'transponder technician' to locate and disable them?

I am not a jet pilot or an aviation expert so I don't have the answers.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Home - Longlevens, 16m ASL, Glawstershire. Work - Bradley Stoke, 75m ASL Bristol
  • Location: Home - Longlevens, 16m ASL, Glawstershire. Work - Bradley Stoke, 75m ASL Bristol

Nuclear warhead?

Probably not a nuclear warhead in the strictest sense, but possibly a 'dirty' bomb?

Posted

Probably not a nuclear warhead in the strictest sense, but possibly a 'dirty' bomb?

In which case they could just pack a huge car bomb and plonk it in a city centre with this dirty bomb inside.

Posted

In which case they could just pack a huge car bomb and plonk it in a city centre with this dirty bomb inside.

Maybe, depends what their source is for the materials. Easier to fly it over a national border than drive it accross though

• Like 2
    Posted

Maybe, depends what their source is for the materials. Easier to fly it over a national border than drive it accross though

Posted Image

Plus, it's more dramatic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Nothing found, I'm afraid.I think the Malaysian authorities media handling of this has been a total shambles. It's confusing, contradictory. Different times were given when it went missing, told that it was on radar going to the west then denied. No consistency.

I agree, unfortunately.

The latest news conference is a case in point. They are dismissing a couple of reports / theories, but not coming up with any ideas themselves. They need to be taken out of the arena and the investigation left to more competent authorities. :angry:

Posted

I agree, unfortunately.

The latest news conference is a case in point. They are dismissing a couple of reports / theories, but not coming up with any ideas themselves. They need to be taken out of the arena and the investigation left to more competent authorities. Posted Image

Couldn't agree more - think they are out of there depth here. US officials believe the Plane flew for 4 more hours after they lost comms. RR state they have 5 hours of data after everyone else lost comms.

Posted

Couldn't agree more - think they are out of there depth here. US officials believe the Plane flew for 4 more hours after they lost comms. RR state they have 5 hours of data after everyone else lost comms.

That was just denied in the press conference. Either somebody is lying or there is a problem with the information.

Posted

That was just denied in the press conference. Either somebody is lying or there is a problem with the information.

Heard that ! Nothing really makes much sense with all this. It;s stunk from the beginning and I don't know why.