Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Posted

There's an interesting theory in there:

"Sky News have used a flight simulator to recreate what might have happened to the jetliner. A commerical airline pilot of 30 years offers the explanation that there was a sudden depressurisation of air, the pilots then tried to head back for Kuala Lumpur realising there was a problem. They then set the controls to autopilot and at this point pass out unconscious after failing to put on masks. The plane then would have carried on at the same level, and they would have probably run out of fuel over the Indian Ocean."

Plausible? But that doesn't explain why there was no tracking of the flight.

This has happened before although not with a commercial flight. Payne Stewart died in the crash.

Edited by knocker
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 764
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we not make "funny" comments about this? It's not exactly appropriate.

OMFG the penny has just dropped. It's not India or Iran its only actually god dam N.A.R.N.I.A.Quick someone alert the authorities.

I'm very surprised you have missed the obvious flaw in your 'hypothesis'....the airliner depicted in the 'jungle image' is not a Boeing-777!......A 777 has two wing mounted engines, whereas the aircra

Posted Images

Posted

And surely before they passed out the pilots would have had time to make some sort of mayday broadcast ?

Exactly. Seen this theory the other day, but leaves more questions than answers, I.E - Why no signal? Although this can be answered... They didn't realise decompression, and passed out before hand...

But, that leaves... Why does it vanish from Radar ? Where was the crash ? etc etc...

It;s a mystery at the moment. I did see this a minute ago though:

The Beijing News has reported that a source claiming to be local volunteer assisting in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has found a dead body wearing a lifejacket in an area of the Malacca Strait. In a single-paragraph report, the website of the Chinese-language newspaper said that it was seeking to establish the reliability of the claim.

Not sure on reliability... But IF this was reliable.. I wouldnt expect to see a body wearing a life jacket if there was a mid-air explosion..

Posted

This has happened before although not with a commercial flight. Payne Stewart died in the crash.

There was also a flight which crashed in Greece as well I think, similar.

But again it doesn't make sense. The transponder signal would have continued and it would have been picked up on radar.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

How about aircraft taken over by pilots hence no emergency call and then aircraft flown at low altitude to a disused air field in Vietnam. Transponder turned off by the pilots. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

How about aircraft taken over by pilots hence no emergency call and then aircraft flown at low altitude to a disused air field in Vietnam. Transponder turned off by the pilots.

Why.....if this was the case and some sort of hijacking has taken place whoever is responsible pilots/ crew or passengers someone surely would have made ransom or other demands by now ?
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Why.....if this was the case and some sort of hijacking has taken place whoever is responsible pilots/ crew or passengers someone surely would have made ransom or other demands by now ?

Exactly. This is why I think a hi-jacking can be ruled out as it's usually done to make a well-publicised "point". Unless they made an error and crashed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well if they crashed there would be wreckage and there is none. Even if the Plane managed to land in one piece on the water it would break up as soon as it got a certain depth and again the black box would be picked up.

But zippo nothing. Phones wouldn't ring if they're under water. However if the passengers were removed from the plane after it landed minus belongings phones would ring. Of course now the batteries will be flat.

Makes more sense than anything supernatural.

Edited by The PIT
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The last message from the pilot suggests nothing was wrong in the final minutes before the crash

Flight MH370 replied "All right, roger that" to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities have said.

Interesting video from Sky news

YouTube is having some technical problems currently so the video may not display at times

Edited by Summer Sun
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

error there Gav on vid.. prob the amount viewing it ?

Working now Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
    Posted

error there Gav on vid.. prob the amount viewing it ?

YouTube is having some technical issues currently it will load up once they've sorted the problem

• Like 1
    Posted

Another theory amongst many as to what happened to MH370 is pilot suicide by either the captain or first officer once one of them left the cabin for what ever reason ie to go to the toilet the other shut the door and committed suicide, taking everybody on board with him

Edited by Summer Sun
    Posted

If a plane suffers loss of pressure the first thing the pilot will do is go into a steep decline to get to a height where the air is breathable. The theory that the transponder was lost as part of a loss if pressure sounds a reasonble one to me. Even if a plane losses its main comms it should still have SW backup and be able to send out a distress signal. The evedence suggests that did not happen, and also that the plane didn't come apart in midair or crash when the transponder was lost.

As with the Greek acident if AP is used the plane will just keep flying on that heading at the height set until it runs out of fuel when it will crash. With enough fuel for a 6 hour journey it maybe thousands of miles away from where they are looking and I suspect at some point overbthe ocean and at low height radar will be lost. If it hit the ocean in one piece the debris field will be quite small.

Thats my best guess, too many Aircraft disater Docs I reckon?

Posted

There was also a flight which crashed in Greece as well I think, similar.

But again it doesn't make sense. The transponder signal would have continued and it would have been picked up on radar.

Yes, Helios flight 552 - the write up on that makes chilling reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

Posted

Plenty of reasons ! Terrorism... Land plane, hand it over, load with bombs, fly into something...

Posted

If a plane suffers loss of pressure the first thing the pilot will do is go into a steep decline to get to a height where the air is breathable. The theory that the transponder was lost as part of a loss if pressure sounds a reasonble one to me. Even if a plane losses its main comms it should still have SW backup and be able to send out a distress signal. The evedence suggests that did not happen, and also that the plane didn't come apart in midair or crash when the transponder was lost.As with the Greek acident if AP is used the plane will just keep flying on that heading at the height set until it runs out of fuel when it will crash. With enough fuel for a 6 hour journey it maybe thousands of miles away from where they are looking and I suspect at some point overbthe ocean and at low height radar will be lost. If it hit the ocean in one piece the debris field will be quite small.Thats my best guess, too many Aircraft disater Docs I reckon?

I said this a few pages back, regarding decompression. This might explain the "mumbling" another Pilot heard when trying to make contact, losing consciousness?.... Or perhaps someone was gagged? Who know's...

The other possibility is that there have been quite a few complaints from cabin and flight deck crew into the fumes leaking from the engines into the cabin air system.  

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/375221/Toxic-air-plane-crash-warning

These could render the crew unconscious and this could account for lack of radio messages - apparently there have been umpteen complaints by crews of various airlines and fare paying passengers but many airlines will not accept them and I don't suppose Boeing will either - I suppose that if they did it would open the doors to an avalanche of claims but when you get responsible people like the aircraft captains complaining it must mean something. I believe some airlines have made modifications but most appear not to have done so.

There is no telling what a semi comatose pilot may do without realising it.

In the interests of better safety in the air I believe it would be in the interests of all to make such modifications - they could do so without admitting liability and merely say that they are taking such action as a precaution.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

The depressurisation theory as per You Tube is an interesting one, but if the aircraft was on the proposed autopilot heading having turned back, surely it would have been tracked until it crashed in the Indian Ocean which is where the You Tube video suggested it would run out of fuel. Depressurisation doesn't render people unconscious immediately (I took part in a research project as a volunteer subject on this many years ago, along with other flight safety research) it's kind of like a gradual "drunk" feeling and then you black out i.e. there is time to do things albeit not completely logically. We'll have to wait and see, an explanation will come and the aircraft will be found...

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Plenty of reasons ! Terrorism... Land plane, hand it over, load with bombs, fly into something...

.....but that hast happened in this case has it ? If it was a hijacking I think someone would have heard from the terrorists by now !
    Posted

Well if they crashed there would be wreckage and there is none. Even if the Plane managed to land in one piece on the water it would break up as soon as it got a certain depth and again the black box would be picked up.But zippo nothing. Phones wouldn't ring if they're under water. However if the passengers were removed from the plane after it landed minus belongings phones would ring. Of course now the batteries will be flat.Makes more sense than anything supernatural.

Reality is stranger than fiction.We may never know the truth,alot of planes have gone missing over the years vanished into thin air.
    Posted

.....but that hast happened in this case has it ? If it was a hijacking I think someone would have heard from the terrorists by now !

What would be the point of terrorists acquiring a plane then telling someone they intend to fly it into something,takes  away the element of surprise? Just saying.

Posted

What would be the point of terrorists acquiring a plane then telling someone they intend to fly it into something,takes  away the element of surprise? Just saying.

I really don't buy this theory that they may have landed it to fill it with bombs. A plane on its own is essentially a flying bomb in the wrong hands anyway, what would be the point in going to all those lengths just to add a bit more explosives?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

As they seem to have just guessed where it disappeared at first and have now widened their search, I think they'll find initial evidence in the next 48 hours or so. :)

I don't see much point in further speculation, until more information comes to light, personally. 

• Like 1
    Posted

China have released satellite images from Sunday showing "floating objects", quite a way away from the search area.