Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Posted

You'd think the Malaysian military would speak up straight away to avoid the huge cost of a multi-national search in the wrong place. Unless they have something to hide...

Very fishy.

Too right, something isn't normal here.

Not a sane person in the world would wait 5 days to tell people this who are out looking in the wrong place...

Always made me wonder why the USA, and more noteably, the FBI are involved... ?

The area is also well know for Pirates.... Sale of a Plane ?

Going back to your point, everyone is available for a price... £10 mil each pilot ? Certainly plausible... Mobile phones ringing? Did they forget to take everyones phone? They don't ring anymore.. All switched off / destroyed ?

I feel like I need to write a conspiracy novel !

Edited by R.P. McMurphy
    • Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 764
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we not make "funny" comments about this? It's not exactly appropriate.

OMFG the penny has just dropped. It's not India or Iran its only actually god dam N.A.R.N.I.A.Quick someone alert the authorities.

I'm very surprised you have missed the obvious flaw in your 'hypothesis'....the airliner depicted in the 'jungle image' is not a Boeing-777!......A 777 has two wing mounted engines, whereas the aircra

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I really don't think there is anything abnormal here let alone clandestine or supernatural! Mobile phones may seem to be ringing but the reality probably is that the network technology is attempting to connect with them at their last coordinate location. It's a phantom ring, but not of the spooky sort. I am convinced that the aircraft had a mid air structural failure and broke up. Maybe the kind of structural failure that is not yet within accepted parameters - i.e. we expect a certain type of debris field and communications systems to behave in certain ways. There isn't exactly a big knowledge base on these things as they are comfortingly very rare.

I'm afraid that normal human psychology is at work here - we all like a mystery; some people want to believe in the paranormal; we crave explanations and don't like "just accidents"; this is reliable technology and we don't like to think of it "just going wrong".

Edited by Spikecollie
    • Like 3

I really don't think this is a terrorist attack or conspiracy.

There are a million and one things that can go wrong with a flight, many air crashes in the past have been baffling until fully investigated. We won't know what happened until the flight recorders are found. There just isn't enough information right now to make anything than wild speculation on what happened. Most likely there was a combination of technical problems or/and pilot error and the plane crashed into the sea.

• Like 1
    Posted

I disagree with the comments that this is not abnormal. Airliners crashing is not the norm, if it were then fewer and fewer would be flying!

A plane crash is abnormal in this age whatever the causes.

As far as I'm aware every crash in the last 10 years, we know what happened to the airliner just not the cause within hours.

4 or 5 days after it disappeared and we still haven't got a clue. That what makes this incident even more abnormal whatever the cause. The fact experts have been saying it is unprecedented.

Edited by Weather-history
    • Like 2
    Posted

I really don't think this is a terrorist attack or conspiracy.

There are a million and one things that can go wrong with a flight, many air crashes in the past have been baffling until fully investigated. We won't know what happened until the flight recorders are found. There just isn't enough information right now to make anything than wild speculation on what happened. Most likely there was a combination of technical problems or/and pilot error and the plane crashed into the sea.

Fully agree. Nearly everything written in this thread is just speculation. The lack of information is fuelling the speculation. The problem is that the most likely explanations, while by no means impossible of being accurate, are starting to look slightly improbable. A lot of things don't add up.

Edited by March Blizzard
    Posted

It is absolutely not normal that in the year 2014, a modern Boeing 777 can be missing for 5 days without anyone having a Scooby Doo what has happened to it.

This is as far from normal as you can get, and imagine what the families must be feeling?

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Even though it's over the sea, it's not exactly in the middle of the Pacific. 

That the plane hasn't been found yet is unusual but that doesn't mean the cause was especially abnormal - may just mean they're searching the wrong areas. Reports of last contact were initally in the Gulf of Thailand and now possibly the Strait of Malacca hundreds of miles to the West, with such confusion the plane could be anywhere within that huge area or even beyond. Needle in a haystack. To reach the Strait of Malacca it would have crossed land so it could even have crashed into the jungle and not at sea at all.

Planes do get lost, remember Steve Fossett's plane that disappeared from radar over Nevada, only being found several years later. Ok, that was a not an advanced commercial airline but if a plane gets really lost for whatever reason it can stay really lost for some time.

Edited by Bobby
    Posted

Missing Malaysian airliner appears to have changed course and turned west before disappearing - Malaysian air force

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26527439

Why didn't they disclose this days ago?! Either something dodgy is going on or the Malaysian air force are thoroughly incompetent.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Something out of the twilight zone this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JpbZZKqxy0

At 2.28 into that video, the plane directly to the east of the missing flight, just seems to disappear as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Six important facts you’re not being told about lost Malaysia Airlines Flight 370......

There are some astonishing things you’re not being told about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the flight that simply vanished over the Gulf of Thailand with 239 people on board.

The mystery of the flight’s sudden and complete disappearance has even the world’s top air safety authorities baffled. “Air-safety and antiterror authorities on two continents appeared equally stumped about what direction the probe should take,†reports the Wall Street Journal.

WSJ goes on to report:

“For now, it seems simply inexplicable,†said Paul Hayes, director of safety and insurance at Ascend Worldwide, a British advisory and aviation data firm.

While investigators are baffled, the mainstream media isn’t telling you the whole story, either. So I’ve assembled this collection of facts that should raise serious questions in the minds of anyone following this situation.

• Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

No explosion from the plane itself can destroy the black box recorders. They are bomb-proof structures that hold digital recordings of cockpit conversations as well as detailed flight data and control surface data.

• Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Yet the black box from this particular incident hasn’t been detected at all. That’s why investigators are having such trouble finding it. Normally, they only need to “home in†on the black box transmitter signal. But in this case, the absence of a signal means the black box itself — an object designed to survive powerful explosions — has either vanished, malfunctioned or been obliterated by some powerful force beyond the worst fears of aircraft design engineers.

• Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally bouyant and will float in water

In past cases of aircraft destroyed over the ocean or crashing into the ocean, debris has always been spotted floating on the surface of the water. That’s because — as you may recall from the safety briefing you’ve learned to ignore — “your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device.â€

Yes, seat cushions float. So do many other non-metallic aircraft parts. If Flight 370 was brought down by an explosion of some sort, there would be massive debris floating on the ocean, and that debris would not be difficult to spot. The fact that it has not yet been spotted only adds to the mystery of how Flight 370 appears to have literally vanished from the face of the Earth.

• Fact #4: If a missile destroyed Flight 370, the missile would have left a radar signature

One theory currently circulating on the ‘net is that a missile brought down the airliner, somehow blasting the aircraft and all its contents to “smithereens†— which means very tiny pieces of matter that are undetectable as debris.

The problem with this theory is that there exists no known ground-to-air or air-to-air missile with such a capability. All known missiles generate tremendous debris when they explode on target. Both the missile and the debris produce very large radar signatures which would be easily visible to both military vessels and air traffic authorities.

• Fact #5: The location of the aircraft when it vanished is not a mystery

Air traffic controllers have full details of almost exactly where the aircraft was at the moment it vanished. They know the location, elevation and airspeed — three pieces of information which can readily be used to estimate the likely location of debris.

Remember: air safety investigators are not stupid people. They’ve seen mid-air explosions before, and they know how debris falls. There is already a substantial data set of airline explosions and crashes from which investigators can make well-educated guesses about where debris should be found. And yet, even armed with all this experience and information, they remain totally baffled on what happened to Flight 370.

• Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

Hijacking an airplane does not cause it to simply vanish from radar. Even if transponders are disabled on the aircraft, ground radar can still readily track the location of the aircraft using so-called “passive†radar (classic ground-based radar systems that emit a signal and monitor its reflection).

Thus, the theory that the flight was hijacked makes no sense whatsoever. When planes are hijacked, they do not magically vanish from radar.

Conclusion: Flight 370 did not explode; it vanished

The inescapable conclusion from what we know so far is that Flight 370 seems to have utterly and inexplicably vanished. It clearly was not hijacked (unless there is a cover-up regarding the radar data), and we can all be increasingly confident by the hour that this was not a mid-air explosion (unless debris suddenly turns up that they’ve somehow missed all along).

The inescapable conclusion is that Flight 370 simply vanished in some way that we do not yet understand. This is what is currently giving rise to all sorts of bizarre-sounding theories across the ‘net, including discussions of possible secret military weapons tests, Bermuda Triangle-like ripples in the fabric of spacetime, and even conjecture that non-terrestrial (alien) technology may have teleported the plane away.

Personally, I’m not buying any of that without a lot more evidence. The most likely explanation so far is that the debris simply hasn’t been found yet because it fell over an area which is somehow outside the search zone. But as each day goes by, even this explanation becomes harder and harder to swallow.

The frightening part about all this is not that we will find the debris of Flight 370; but rather that we won’t. If we never find the debris, it means some entirely new, mysterious and powerful force is at work on our planet which can pluck airplanes out of the sky without leaving behind even a shred of evidence.

If there does exist a weapon with such capabilities, whoever control it already has the ability to dominate all of Earth’s nations with a fearsome military weapon of unimaginable power. That thought is a lot more scary than the idea of an aircraft suffering a fatal mechanical failure.

Source:

http://www.naturalnews.com/044244_Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370_vanished.html#ixzz2vZpQAn42

• Like 1
    Posted

Mind on the same page of that link.

Could our U.S. Government want to BAN the contents of a SACRED BOOK?

It holds ancient answers to curing cancer and diabetes, reversing Alzheimer's, arthritis, and more... but these life-saving miracles could be made illegal! [Get full details below]

Edited by knocker
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

maybe it was pilot suicide and  crashing the plane off course in a swamp /jungle / mountain..

it has happened before..but if so why no blackbox emitting a signal ?, just a theory. and as toyah said in 1981..its a mystery (a big question mark. in history).

Posted
    I don't think we are hearing all the known facts, for starters nothing moves in the skies without it being tracked, transponder or no transponder. What that does is feed information back such as flight no, height, speed etc. Turning it off doesn't take away its radar trace, it just becomes a blip without info.

Where the plane is said to have disappeared it would have been visible to both military and civil radar. It seems strange that the authorities don't appear sure where to look? I haven't seen any plot of where the actual position that it disappeared from radar, only the point at which the transponder stopped?

A plane cannot simply disappear its out there somewhere, they are just not looking in the right place. Information from radar will give the flight path, which will go along way to answering whether the plane was under stable control. Planes with serious faults tend to have erratic flight paths, did this one?

My understanding is that unless you are close to a black box you won't pick up a signal, they are very low powered and only last a week or so.
    Edited by HighPressure
    Posted

My understanding is that unless you are close to a black box you won't pick up a signal, they are very low powered and only last a week or so.

They've said they can last 30 days, 40 days in warmer waters. But you can only pick it up from a few miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Four days after flight MH370 vanished without trace, Malaysia Airlines said authorities were looking at evidence the Beijing-bound plane made a U-turn - a theory that was suspected early in the investigation.

MH370

The title of the thread appears to be slightly different from the flight number in the news.. simple typo I know but should be changed. 

Are read back the thread later. Never known anything like this really disturbing not knowing and a growing mystery, and I send my thoughts and prayers. 

A theory I have is plane flew low over jungle zones (remote areas) with no engines and so mostly no sound, and crashed, as it was at night-time it wouldn't be seen if lights were out, if crashed in remote forest then would not be heard, but the plane would have to of gone over the coastal areas where it would probably be seen by someone. They say about the communication 'black spots' it's during these areas I think something mechanical happened, as for the signals with no signals sent out (auto and manual) for some reason then this could be a reason, plane possibly landed in dense jungle areas and getting there not being picked up due to no radar signal coverage or maybe a hijacking, and yes it has crossed my mind thoughts of could be pilot has gone mad but do not want to go down that road but all theory's should be discussed I think. remember the pilots are people communicators and are very much trained to not bring personal problems to work, they have great communication skills and are very friendly, as all the flight staff are. if plane on usual path any problem pilot sends out signal, or some form of communication, If a bomb threat was made then a signal would also be sent out from cockpit. In a bank some banks the staff press a foot switch if threatened to not contact anyone while being held up, so can maybe rule out threats before action I would think.

Edited by Tobor
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I don't think we are hearing all the known facts, for starters nothing moves in the skies without it being tracked, transponder or no transponder. What that does is feed information back such as flight no, height, speed etc. Turning it off doesn't take away its radar trace, it just becomes a blip without info.

Where the plane is said to have disappeared it would have been visible to both military and civil radar. It seems strange that the authorities don't appear sure where to look? I haven't seen any plot of where the actual position that it disappeared from radar, only the point at which the transponder stopped?

A plane cannot simply disappear its out there somewhere, they are just not looking in the right place. Information from radar will give the flight path, which will go along way to answering whether the plane was under stable control. Planes with serious faults tend to have erratic flight paths, did this one?

Have been thinking about this. I imagine that all large objects in the air at least are shown on some radar somewhere, if something appeared very fast over a large ocean area that could be a terrorist heading inland I mean fast as a tornado jet at full whack what time would they have to stop it if not picked up then that would not be good would it... 

Don't forget to correct the title.

Edited by Tobor
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

All depends how high the air craft is flying.

Posted

Do you get the impression no one has got a clue?Rumour and counter rumour, now we are told that no one tracked the plane to the west.

Lol yes I seen this. He was quoted as saying it, now he's quoted saying he never said it.

No idea what's going on.