Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Malaysian Airline flight MH370

Since the plane appeared to be on autopilot and crash landed at the furthest point south it could have flown to, then it would appear that no one survived either the crash landing, or no one was even alive in the hours leading up the airplane hitting the sea?  ( If there was, surely someone on board, despite having no experience, would have attempted to land the airplane themselves well beforehand? ). I would have given it a go.

Survival at sea, even if one was perched upon debris,  would also be problematic ignorng for a moment what I said above, due to sea temperatures of 16-17 degrees at this latitude...and height of ocean waves.

Soooooo many questions. Whether they will ever be answered - this must now rank as the biggest aviation mystery of all time.

Edited by Styx
  • Like 1
  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we not make "funny" comments about this? It's not exactly appropriate.

OMFG the penny has just dropped. It's not India or Iran its only actually god dam N.A.R.N.I.A.Quick someone alert the authorities.

I'm very surprised you have missed the obvious flaw in your 'hypothesis'....the airliner depicted in the 'jungle image' is not a Boeing-777!......A 777 has two wing mounted engines, whereas the aircra

Posted Images

Well he was a fat lot of help. He really is a shyster that guy.

"Remote viewing has been used by the CIA for decades," said Mr Geller at his home in Sonning, Berkshire, today.

"It works by people sending their mind through space and time. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. It's 2014 and people still believe this sort of crap ?

He's just wasting everyones time.

• Like 1

Soooooo many questions. Whether they will ever be answered - this must now rank as the biggest aviation mystery of all time.

A mystery for most of us maybe? (perhaps not all)I watched a rather disturbing video yesterday evening on the subject of the Diego Garcia Airbase. My thoughts on the fate of this plane have always centred around it's involvement at some stage. I think being shocked at how this base came into being is an understatement, especially as our own Government was highly complicit in its birth and to this day, its survival.It just goes to show what Governments are capable of when benefits are so lucrative (in this case, cut price missiles) and their complete disdain for the people they are supposed to serve when the 'pay offs' outweigh basic human rights.I think, given the contents of this video, (which some of you may have already seen) we should not believe everything we hear or are being told is fact.I sincerely hope that I am wrong and the current interest in the Indian Ocean debris site is valid and that it does indeed belong to the plane. At least the families of those poor souls will have some closure at last.I shall leave the link, but warn you that it will take almost an hour to view its disgusting content:However there is a condensed transcript.http://johnpilger.com/videos/stealing-a-nation Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Well, I'm working on the theory that one of the pilots is involved, likely the co pilot.

- Co pilot kills/lknocks out Pilot somehow.

- Co pilot switches off transponder

- Co pilot communicates with ATC that everything good

- Co pilot takes plane to 45,000 and somehow causes the rest of the plane's crew and passengers to suffocate

- Co pilot flies the plane for as long as possible making a couple of course changes, as flies as far as possible from land to an area of deep ocean

- He then attempts to land the plane on water so it sinks in one piece making it more difficult to find.

A motive? Who knows.

• Like 1

Ok.....maybe the captain and cp were involved in an affair...obviously they couldn't let anyone know (cultural morals etc) and it was a suicide pact. The plot of a future novel maybe. Whatever the scenario. ..why kill all the those other souls on board. Bad business.

A motive? Who knows.

We are all 'punching the air' with regards to this really. My punt is that it is all interconnected somehow to current events. False flag event, future bargaining tool, blame another country? who knows. Someone does.

its 2 weeks now (early evening gmt fri march 7th, early AM march 8th local time).. 

look at the south part of indian ocean / southern ocean on the map, it really is 'the zone of nothing'..a void between Antarctica south America and Australia.

If you've ever flown to Australia, you get a real sense of "the great bugger all". Hours of red undulating terrain from west to east. I have no idea what the waters look like that these folks are searching in, but from what I have read, they are pretty hostile. The reach from shore is 2 hours for aircraft before they have to refuel. Ships are the best option, but they are slow and take time to get there. The debris will have moved substantive distances between now and first sightings. This will be a long search, and may produce no evidence. And yes, unpleasant as it may sound, human remains will have been consumed by ocean predators pretty quickly. It's bizarre, we can ascend so easily to 5km and beyond, but going down to that ocean depth is so challenging - this will not be an easy search.

Edited by Spikecollie

I've played around with Tomnod. The cloud cover is impossible. I'd love to help...but

yep..might not be any dead bodies left to find by now. all eaten.

It's just a reality that has to be faced. Not nice, but...

Well, I'm working on the theory that one of the pilots is involved, likely the co pilot.

- Co pilot kills/lknocks out Pilot somehow.

- Co pilot switches off transponder

- Co pilot communicates with ATC that everything good

- Co pilot takes plane to 45,000 and somehow causes the rest of the plane's crew and passengers to suffocate

- Co pilot flies the plane for as long as possible making a couple of course changes, as flies as far as possible from land to an area of deep ocean

- He then attempts to land the plane on water so it sinks in one piece making it more difficult to find.

A motive? Who knows.

Seems reasonable 

However would the crew not have the 'password/code' to the cabin ? They would 'realize' their not on course. Also I assume oxygen masks automatically deploy or could that be over ridden ?? 

You could knock out passengers by flying at 45,000ft but I would have thought you would need all/most of the crew wishing to commit suicide ?? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

The world's 'most sophisticated equipment' being used in search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane

post-10773-0-60954800-1395430483_thumb.jpost-10773-0-26914100-1395430556_thumb.j

As the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 focuses on a remote part of the southern Indian Ocean, search teams are using some of the world's most sophisticated military kit to scour the seas.

The release of new satellite images yesterday - which appeared to show large pieces of debris floating 1,500 miles off the Western coast of Australia - led authorities there to co-ordinate an aerial search using military aircraft from a number of countries.

They include a US Navy P8 Poseidon, and P3 Orions belonging to Australia and New Zealand.

Here we look at exactly what these planes are, and how they can help with the search.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-worlds-3267694

Seems reasonable 

However would the crew not have the 'password/code' to the cabin ? They would 'realize' their not on course. Also I assume oxygen masks automatically deploy or could that be over ridden ?? 

You could knock out passengers by flying at 45,000ft but I would have thought you would need all/most of the crew wishing to commit suicide ?? 

My question is why nobody made a phone call. If I had major flight deviation and turbulence, beyond the norm (the norm can vary, for me as a frequent traveller it may be different for you) I'd phone or text home or a friend.

Seems reasonable 

Look at my previous post re oxygen deprivation. I did this, so I know the effects. You don't just black out. There is a short period where you are slightly "drunk" but could send a message.

One thing that I have learnt and has surprised me is how a large aircraft can travel hundreds of miles with nothing on radar or at least no one admitting to it.

That has surprised me. I thought in the 21st century, anything that is flying is tracked on radar. It flew back over Malaysia it is believed but why didn't civilian radar pick it up as an unidentified craft?

• Like 1

Look at my previous post re oxygen deprivation. I did this, so I know the effects. You don't just black out. There is a short period where you are slightly "drunk" but could send a message.

Depends on the height but were 'guessing'

Better info here

Pilot could over ride cockpit code etc

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/what-happened-to-flight-mh370-missing-

Cant send messages etc

planehttp://www.askthepilot.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-370/

Edited by stewfox

My question is why nobody made a phone call. If I had major flight deviation and turbulence, beyond the norm (the norm can vary, for me as a frequent traveller it may be different for you) I'd phone or text home or a friend.

Good luck getting a signal over that vast expanse of nothing...
Although I still subscribe to the lack of oxygen theory and ghost plane crashing somewhere in the Indian Ocean thousands of miles away when it simply ran out of fuel. The lack of any floating debris over 2 weeks after the plane disappeared has got me thinking about alternative outcomes, and these are really very scary but not beyond the realms of possibility.

What we know is that radar doesn't cover everywhere including large areas of the ocean. If we are to believe the various radar and ping reports, the plane changed altitude at least twice after turning back, and changed direction more then once. This doesn't support the ghost plane theory as it would simply continue on the single set path unless someone was there to set a new heading? Loss of comms and transponder information happened at different times indicating no catastrophic failure which backs up radar reports. The last voice transmission just happened to be on switch over of airspace.

So if these were deliberate acts which is what the authorities were saying, then who was it and why? Having gone to so much trouble to hijack a plane it does appear unlikely and again the lack of debris supports it, that the hijackers couldn't fly it? Its feasable the plane could have made Pakistan or somewhere similar and landed, and I can see why the authorities may have been a little reluctant to release info about this earlier.

The possibility albeit slim that this plane could be filled with Sarin gas and used as a weapon of mass destruction against a city in the west cannot be ruled out. The causalities would be huge, they need to find this plane even if its just the smallest of fragments.
Edited by HighPressure

One thing that I have learnt and has surprised me is how a large aircraft can travel hundreds of miles with nothing on radar or at least no one admitting to it.That has surprised me. I thought in the 21st century, anything that is flying is tracked on radar. It flew back over Malaysia it is believed but why didn't civilian radar pick it up as an unidentified craft?

Don't take this as gospel as I am not very technically minded and may have misunderstood. An explanation was offered for this in that if a plane is due to leave one ATC airspace to pass on to another, there is a 15 minute gap between the transfer when neither ATC has control. If a pilot was skilled enough, then he could fly in a straight line between the two lines of control for a considerable distance undetected. Then, each controller assumes the other has control. I suppose if one of the pilots or both were complicit and well enough skilled and the younger of the two appears to have been practicing a lot, then maybe it is a reasonable explanation? Edited by Blitzen

Assuming the wreck is in the far southern Indian ocean, but the heavier pieces have now sunk and not traceable, it may take several weeks for floating debris to reach coastline to validate the crash site... most likely western or southern Tasmania based on predominant currents. ( Tasmania's west and south coasts however are sparsely populated ). If nothing ends up washing ashore in Tasmania, then it may well be into next year before anything does....in South America

Posted Image

because it was a night flight, it would be very difficult for the passengers to know which direction they were flying in and to get any bearings from the ground. during the day, some would realise that they were not where they should be as most of the flight should be over land. if they were still alive by the time dawn came, they would be out over the indian ocean and likely unable to get any phone signal. i doubt anyone would carry a satellite comms device with them !