IGNORED

When will 30C be reached?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

i'm gonna say June 6th

Edited by JK1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

When will 90.c be reached is the question ?

In a few billion years when the sun has expanded.

Edited by Barry95
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

20th July.

Got that date circling around in my head for some reason... so I'll just go with that. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm gonna say 30ºC will be some time during June or July somewhere in Europe Posted Image

Edited by Stelmer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Some time in June

Posted

30 degrees in an average summer is usually recorded at some stage, most likely somewhere in southern England like Gravesend and most likely in July or August.

Here, it is quite difficult to achieve 30 degrees, our highest maxima is usually about 28 degrees, indeed in 2012 we didn't get above 25 degrees once during June, July and August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

I'm going to say at the very end of July or beginning of August.

I've got a feeling that it'll be a fairly stable Summer with temperatures mostly hovering around 21-23c and the odd couple of days higher than 28c.  

We'll certainly get 30c though, well where I live anyway. I can't remember a Summer when we didn't. Unfortunately in this country it only tends to last one day and then it'll pee it down or drop right off again. Last summer was a rare exception.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

We recorded over 30 degrees celcius last year three times where I live and over 27 degrees celcius about a dozen times Posted Image  I'd say in June 10th.

Hopefully this summer will be as lovely as last year but just some more thunderstorms to clear the muggy air would be nice....

It would be lovely wouldn't it. Unfortunately in my memory we've never had two summers like that back to back. They are rare in this country, it happened because of the Azores High. Something we often don't get. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

How rare are summers in the UK that do not record a 30C?  I can remember 2011 was pretty cool - did we record a 30C that summer?

In terms of the competition, I would say we are heading for some very warm temperatures early in summer, so I will go for the first 30C to be recorded on the day the football World Cup kicks off on June 12!

It would be lovely wouldn't it. Unfortunately in my memory we've never had two summers like that back to back. They are rare in this country, it happened because of the Azores High. Something we often don't get. 

It is possible though.  In my lifetime we have had 1975 and 1976, 1989 and 1990.  I would also describe 2005 as a decent summer and 2006 hot especially July.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

How rare are summers in the UK that do not record a 30C?  I can remember 2011 was pretty cool - did we record a 30C that summer?

In terms of the competition, I would say we are heading for some very warm temperatures early in summer, so I will go for the first 30C to be recorded on the day the football World Cup kicks off on June 12!

It is possible though.  In my lifetime we have had 1975 and 1976, 1989 and 1990.  I would also describe 2005 as a decent summer and 2006 hot especially July.

Years not to record 30 deg are..1910,1913,1920,1927,1931,1958,1962,1965,1966,1972,1974,1978,1980,1981and1993.....note the gap from 1931 and none for the last 21 years!

for the hottest day of the year,   3 have been in may,   26 in june, 47 in july,   28 in august and 7 in september

• Like 1

Posted

Summer 1995 and 1996 were two good ones, especially 1995. We weren't far off a scorcher in 1994 either, but it turned out a wet humid sort of summer, similar to 1997, which would have made 4 on the trot..similar in style to the 03-06 summers, summer 04 was a warm one but also very wet let down by July.

I'd be happy to see a summer like 1996 or 2005, consistently warm/very warm without being too oppressive with some decent thundery interludes to keep some variety. Last summer started very slowly with quite a cool cloudy June, July was excellent but was followed by a rather indifferent August - and overall not on a patch with 1989, 1990, 1995, 2003, 2005 or 2006 in my book, but very good given the poor run between 2007-2012 and especially after 2012 which was a shocker, the summer equivalent of winter 13/14 for being abnormally consistently wet and unsettled with barely any settled dry spell.

Haven't a clue about this summer, probability favours an average sort of one, I'd be surprised if we see a particularly wet one.

• Like 1