Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Which Weatherlink Data Logger should I use?

Can someone help me please?

I want to purchase a Davis Vantage Vue but I'm really confused by the Data Logger literature.

The familly want the console in the conservatory so that everyone can see it but I want to connect it to my computer.

I use Apple kit and need to know if I can plug the Mac Datalogger into a Apple Express and so connect it wirelessly to my MAC.

Alternatively I have looked at the IP Datalogger, again to plug into Apple Express and send to Davis website ( this is much more expensive but would enable the whole familly to see all the data whenever they are online - However, the literature states that the IP Datalogger required Windows.......... I'm really confused

Would really appreciate some advice.

Posted

So far as I know you just want Serial or USB logger and a suitable driver so it works with the Vue.Weatherlink software is rather crude frankly, you might look at Cumulus or Weather-Display for example.This thread has some pointers for drivers if the ones Davis supply don't work well or seem outdated.http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=19319You practically have to buy the Weatherlink to get the logger/connector thing, but there's no actual need to install the software other than the drivers if you want to use an alternative.It is a simple way to see data is being received OK though..The logger isn't just a cable but can store several days or weeks of data.

Posted

For displaying weather data, I use Weather Display, and have used it for a number of years. I also have a Davis Vantage Vue, which is connected by USB to my Windows PC

Edited by Rob Heselwood

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

For displaying weather data, I use Weather Display, and have used it for a number of years. I also have a Davis Vantage Vue, which is connected by USB to my Windows PC

just started using this demo trial would agree columbus was mis-quoting data although did manage offset it with fiddling.  Weather display not needed this touch wood as it got preset offsets to many weather stations.  Down side there that many settings it can be overwhelming at first.  Display much better but to some maybe cluttered.  If win7 & 8 make sure you use it as administrator level control loses data due collection.  I did this not realising Posted Image Posted Image