Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is The Worlds Weather Getting More Frequently Extreme? (Includes gallery)

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Calm down, folks...please. I think that the evidence for AGW is plain enough, don't you barrie?http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smiliz19.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

The sad thing is we have only just really started into the period where weather extremes are becoming ever more common and this whilst we still have Arctic sea ice most of the summer and the natural drivers are all calming the impacts of AGW.

Once the drivers flip back into a phase augmenting AGW ( as we saw from 76' up to 97') and we lose more Arctic sea ice for longer each summer what do we expect of the extremes then?

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2665

the above links the extreme weather of last winter across the USA ( heat/cold/drought and floods) with AGW and hints at worse to come even without nature lending a hand.

Should the coming Nino signal the end of the cool driver dominance ( as some now suspect) then we can expect an acceleration in our global weather extremes. Should 2017 see the return of the Arctics 'Perfect Melt Storm' synoptic then what would the dissenters expect to see occur around our planet?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

That's rich... still waiting for evidence of AGW let alone the means to 'tackle it' (always raises a chuckle, that one). All the science in the world ain't worth jack - even a switched-on five-year old can see thru' this. Ya don't need to be a 'climate scientist'.

Well why can't you answer any of our questions if you're so clued up? I don't know why I bother replying, it's like talking to a brick wall stuck on repeat. And I just expect another childish reply in return. I'll just keep enjoying your responses while I revise for my climate change exam, learning about the science behind it and laughing at all the nonsense saying that it's nonsense.

You want evidence? Look at the rising sea levels. The vanishing glaciers. The shrinking ice sheets. Or look at how the Earth's climate system naturally responds to a huge step change in greenhouse gas levels. It's really not difficult. Sitting their with your fingers in your ears and pretending it's not happening won't change anything. It's sad.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted

So is the climate threat solved? Well, it should be. The science is solid; the technology is there; the economics look far more favorable than anyone expected. All that stands in the way of saving the planet is a combination of ignorance, prejudice and vested interests. What could go wrong?

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

When the lives of 7.7 billion are in the hands of 78 individuals what do expect will happen? Global democracy? doesn't appear that way does it?

• Like 1

Posted

You lot would be agog at my drum right now - I made ten gallons of fine English ale the other day and the volume of CO2 emanating from the twin airlocks is a sight and sound to behold. Next time the weather goes a little weird, you can blame me. Cheers!

Edited by laserguy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Odd isn't it?....how a couple of ill-considered posts can derail a thread.....Can we please get back to the relevant discussion......

The clue is in the thread title http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

"Is The Worlds Weather Getting More Frequently Extreme? (Includes gallery)"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've already answered that....

so why reply if you've already answered?

Posted

so why reply if you've already answered?

Well you know how these things tend to go.... anyway guys, how 'extreme' were the 2013 tornado and hurricane seasons?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well you know how these things tend to go.... anyway guys, how 'extreme' were the 2013 tornado and hurricane seasons?

Hurricane season was pretty dead in the Atlantic...my friend was in Jamaica through the summer and was a bit annoyed with how quiet it was.

The tornado season got off to a very slow start (I know, I was there :( ) but it did get going with some monster tornadoes, including the EF5 in Moore, not far from my hotel at the time. But just because one year was a bit slow, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Here's a report from the SPC about tornado trends in the previous 30 years:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/mccarthy/tor30yrs.pdf

There hasn't been a notable increase overall, but it's interesting to see the jump in "weak" EF0 tornadoes in recent years. Due to better reporting perhaps?

Edited by Nick L