Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow in March

zjc

Hey!

I am wondering what you guys recon for snow this month recon we will see any at all to lower levels? (Yorkshire area) 

Im thinking more towards end of month W/C 24th. I know its far out but you guys who understand models more than me can you give me your views?

Thanks

ZJC 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In my month-ahead forecast for Netweather I highlighted the 20th as the most likely time- I think the high ridging from the Azores into Europe will retreat westwards between the 15th-20th of the month and this may result in one or two chilly northerly or north-westerly shots.  There may be a window of opportunity for something along the lines of the northerly outbreak of 18-20 March 2007 or the northerlies that coincided with Easter 2008.  However, I can't make any guarantees as forecasting at that sort of range is not reliable and even if I turn out to be right, the main "thrust" of the northerlies could end up out in the North Sea.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sorry snow is an illusion caused by a lack of reality. Okay serious head on only time will tell. However the way all models have behaved this winter I wouldn't believe until 24 hours away.

• Like 1