Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

when i worked at Henlow it always seemed to be a frost spot.

mind you it was an airbase and lots of undeveloped land around, but even so, it always seemed to attract the coldest of conditions compared to biggleswade and surrounding areas Posted Image

definitely going now

night all! Posted Image

you will fel her banning stick you know Posted ImagePosted Image

going!.... night!

Only ever went there when the good weather allowed the airshows :)

Posted

so long as she can do knots, i'm sure she will be about... could'nt have a regional thread without her! Posted Image

Agreed....

....errr Knots? is that like the helicopter? (perhaps I need a different book?)

still dry and dark here, some cloud I think.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A couple of posts have been deleted, can we please keep it vaguley on topic, and please cease with the innuendo.....ta

Posted

Only ever went there when the good weather allowed the airshows Posted Image

grrrr im trying to go to bed :Posted Image

yes mate, i agree, and the best show was the very early fly past of the Battle of Britain RAF planes. Henlow was privileged to see one of the first fly bys and i was even more privileged to see it. have they stil got the glider school there? i was once offered a pilots course at Henlow. on the cheap as i was an employee there. i so regret not taking it up :(

• Like 1

Posted

grrrr im trying to go to bed :Posted Image

yes mate, i agree, and the best show was the very early fly past of the Battle of Britain RAF planes. Henlow was privileged to see one of the first fly bys and i was even more privileged to see it. have they stil got the glider school there? i was once offered a pilots course at Henlow. on the cheap as i was an employee there. i so regret not taking it up Posted Image

Well I got edited out anyway, so your free to go, I was tied up with a phone call but sorted now.

Just checked and still not that cool here out, not balmy but all the same it is not that cold either.

Posted

Agreed....

....errr Knots? is that like the helicopter? (perhaps I need a different book?)

still dry and dark here, some cloud I think.

yep a different book needed :)

going! night all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Clear skies here now. Feels cold outside. Current temp 7c, with a very light NE wind.

Laters guys.... Early one for me tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted

Wonder if the weather is playing havoc with my internet, it is really dodgy tonight (or may be just a problem in the local cabinet)

Posted

I was rather surprised earlier to see a plume of dust behind a tractor driving down a track that just 8 days ago was covered by the flooding river stour. Amazing how quickly things can dry up.

Posted

Clear skies here now. Feels cold outside. Current temp 7c, with a very light NE wind.Laters guys.... Early one for me tomorrow.

What I should really be doing (oh and your profile pic is sideways, not sure if that was intended, thought I would mention it just in case)

Posted

I was rather surprised earlier to see a plume of dust behind a tractor driving down a track that just 8 days ago was covered by the flooding river stour. Amazing how quickly things can dry up.

hope it was that and the farmer not forced to used super red unnothing diesel just to keep going Posted Image

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

a breezy north west flow

temps

Posted Image

could be a shock to the system today

temps around 8 degrees

possibilty we may see some showers too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a breezy north west flow

looks dry again Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

back up again

14-16 degrees again Posted Image

plenty of sun too Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

Posted Image

a westerly flow and breezy

normally a warm flow but look at sea temps at present

Posted Image

however good uppers so 14 degrees looks likely

just a chill in the wind

so one good thing

cannot see any heavy rain in any charts up to 144

except maybe some showers on saturday ( which may change by tomorrow)

• Like 3

Posted

right I am seeing time march on and need to sleep, good night all and rest well.

Posted

nite jax

ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

gfs looks an outlier

nowt cold showing though up to the 19th then take a guess

wind

Posted Image

nowt windy but 19th on a big spread there on the ensembles

rain

Posted Image

still looking dry to the 19th which is fi

so looking good for drying out still Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

gfs ensembles

agree to the 18th

and take a guess after

dry on there to the 19th and not a lot showing after

anyway

im off now

very quiet on here Posted Image

talk tomorrow night

nite all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Hi K, it's a glorious, clear, not as cold as it feels night (if that makes any sense), stars out, moon in charge - organising its boys and girls as supporting cast. 

I have a feeling I'm thinking the same as you, I have generally loved coming on here over the years and it's the only place that has given me the confidence to write anything at all let alone put it in a public place, for which I will always be grateful, but recently I've been a bit more reluctant to do so, and despite the majority of members saying 'let's move on' it seems that some won't/can't.  I've not been on much tonight but I've seen a request to stop the innuendo and that posts have been deleted, which just adds to my sense of frustration about how things currently are. Why are people posting innuendo and why are posts having to be deleted?. It must be very difficult for those that give up their time as volunteers to help run the forum and I'd just ask all that post here to (as most clearly do) think before posting, and to those that are on the wind-up to go somewhere else.

Hi Abruzzi,

Just to clarify the posts that were deleted and referred to as innuendo were posts with sexual nature and suggestive between two members that a mod deleted. Nothing nasty or serious between anyone. I guess the mod just didn't think it was appropriate. That's all. I have been on here all day as off work with a touch of flu and there's definitely been nothing in the nasty nature. It's been quite jovial.

Other than that it appears all polite and smashey and nicey as usual.

post-4391-0-76044300-1394595350.jpg

Here's to another sunny day tomorrow. Long may the high pressure continue though the GFS is showing a slight ramp up in the atlantic but that's T188 out.

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi Abruzzi,

Just to clarify the posts that were deleted and referred to as innuendo were posts with sexual nature and suggestive between two members that a mod deleted. Nothing nasty or serious between anyone. I guess the mod just didn't think it was appropriate. That's all. I have been on here all day as off work with a touch of flu and there's definitely been nothing in the nasty nature. It's been quite jovial.

Other than that it appears all polite and smashey and nicey as usual.

Posted Imageimages.jpg

Here's to another sunny day tomorrow. Long may the high pressure continue though the GFS is showing a slight ramp up in the atlantic but that's T188 out.

Well it IS spring... all that birds and bees stuff going on outside. Only natural after a nice w/e.

• Like 2

Down to 2.3c this morning although now the sun is getting up earlier the temperature won't take very long to start rising.

Abruzzi, I was also under the impression that this was a regional weather related forum however as the weeks have gone by I am not so sure which is a great shame.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, just a quickie this morning as I'm up to my neck in it. Looks like a beautiful clear morning, with a frost.

Managed to alter / cancel my appointments this week so I can be in the office more and hopefully get on with some work. Hate it when its comes to the end of the financial year, everything gets put on hold, unfortunately this year it can't, so have to blend everything together and then nothing gets done to my satisfaction.

Managed to get some more work done last night before falling asleep on the settee, shame really as its hard to sleep at night, hopefully got a full day of designing / trouble shooting of what will if I can make it work will be a nice future project, bit worried about it as I can't really sort the duty out, therefore can't get a feel for the price, got another project to put a budget together for, really interesting one and would like it to go ahead, think it might, but be a year or two away.

Yesterday in my post about owning your own company I forgot to mention the extreme pressure you put yourselves under, yes you do get the rewards, the nice car, the great salary, but you don't get the time to enjoy these, you also miss out on so much, the kids growing up or at my age the grand children growing up, which does hurt, money and responsibility is great but so are the other things in life, the time to take the beautiful photos that appear on here, the time to go out in the garden and do the gardening, and the most precious of all the time to love the people whom you do love and can't always show it, because your away working, that's the downside, therefore if your like Surrey whose young and vibrant and want to get on, you must get that life to work ratio right, I haven't. I hope others can.

Told you it would be a short one. Hope everyone's well and enjoy yourselves today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning all.  While clearing the windscreen of ice this morning I was looking around at the daffodils and pom pom-like pink blossom and pondering on the fact that we've had far more frosts since Spring started than through that dismal Winter. 3oC with quite thick fog from the outskirts of my village through to, and including, WGC.  Expecting it to burn off though - well certainly hoping it will...  Have a nice day!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, misty start here, looks like it will clear pretty quickly hopefully.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

A chilly and grey start here in MK this morning with some misty patches this should gradually thin, burn and disperse allowing some sunshine to break-through.

The high pressure is just that little more central and that little bit stronger than yesterday which will help to encourage a more rapid and widespread chance of some sunnier and brighter breaks.

With temperatures improving as we progress through the day and sunshine breaking through it shouldn't feel too bad when the sun gets to work later !

There have been some data problems on the NW local forecasts this morning, so don't freak out if your forecast is showing -20c for tomorrow! The technical department are aware of this and are working on fixing it now so things should be back to normal soon..

Enjoy today, at least it's another dry and settled one :-)

• Like 5