Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

a beautifl morning after a beautiful day yesterday.long may it last,have a great day guys

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Another beautiful day in Ippy. We even sat in the garden first thing listening to the birds. It's a lovely garden, and there are lots of trees in this neighbourhood. Something which was sadly lacking in Virginia Street.

Have a good day, everyone. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all, 

Hope everyone is well…

post-10773-0-31575800-1394446633_thumb.p

MK seems to be stuck under the cloud from this frontal system at the moment, I'm not sure if it’s going to break up and allow us to see the sunshine here today or if we are going to stay cloudy all day, it’s certainly not looking like it will produce much if anything by way of rain so that is something I suppose but after such a sunny weekend it’s looking and feeling very Monday morningish here (and I'm working until 6pm tonight – BOO !!)

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

4oC at 6.45 when leaving for work, rising to 5o in WGC centre.  Driving into the sun again with pale pink misty fields gave me that good to be alive feeling, and there hasn't been any of that around for the last 18 months, so if that cold spell does evolve but with sun, I'll take that with gratitude!  For all of you who either work outside/or can simply be outside, I hope you have a fab day out there *she says slightly enviously* 

I went out in my vest and pants today and boy was it cold. 18.5c yesterday, 11.9c today, with a cold wind.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Unbroken sunshine all morning in East Essex, not as warm as yesterday but still very pleasant in the sun. Cloud increasing slowly though a much better day than I expected from the forecast last night

Edited by Harps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Still glorious weather here in Essex, briefly threatened to cloud over but the cloud has broken up again. A bit of a breeze but nice and warm in the sun

Posted

Bright and sunny again, but with a coolish wind making it not really feel the 14c showing on the temp thingy and definitely not as nice as yesterday's glorious spring day. Got to 16.2c here, but was very pleasant anyway as I had things to do in the garden and any warmer would have seen me melt. Walked up to the village to watch the rugby at the pub as England - Wales games need to be accompanied by Harveys. But not Malibu, poor Fluffy. Some rather bad news on the doggie front from the stun12 household with Jupiter, son of matriarch Skye. He has been having some mild arthritic problems with a front leg, though it hasn't stopped him from being a loony in the woods, so the vet has been giving him a course of injections and Metacam, a drug which reduces infalmmation. Anyway, just as an aside, Mrs stun12 pointed out a small lump on his back leg which the vet looked at and said she didn't think was anything, but they'd take a small sample for analysis. Turns out to be a mast cell tumour, so we're all in a bit of shock here. They're going to remove it on Thursday and do a more thorough biopsy as there seem to be 3 different levels of severity. It's not uncommon for retrievers, but of course you never think it's going to happen to you (or your dog).

The whole forum thing passed me by too. Probably me not listening again, well that's what mrs stun12 says anyway.

It was indeed me, Kentish CZ, who foolishly put £50 on Champagne something or another at Cheltenham. I stuck to what I said at the time that I would immediately take the winnings out of the bookie account and spend it, which I did, never to return Paddy Power again ! Hmm, I thought, a tip on the geegees from a bookie, even if it was just a coincidence brought up by talking about sparkling wine etc with Tams and a couple of others.  'Ave it.

• Like 3

Posted

Really lovely pics Snow Raven.

Mostly blue sky here now in Uxbridge after a somewhat overcast day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Feels cold in that wind now :(

Hate it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

well what a difference a day makes, after the sunny warm day yesterday it has remained overcast all day here today and feeling rather nippy in the breeze, luckily I have little need to go out again today and if I do need anything it will be picked up from the local corner shop (not going to walk into town today, that can wait for tomorrow when the sun should return).

Hope you all are having a good day all the same :)

Great pics SR :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon, hope you're all well on this drab monday.

I was astonished by how welcoming you all are, like a big family i know it sounds cliche. I have gained much confidence; and I will continue posting although not too frequent. This forum is blighted by some individuals - which sometimes draws away alot of the good quality posts, which is produced on a daily basis. I would also like to take the opportunity to say thanks, to the great contributions, in and out this thread.

Weather report: Predominantly cloudy with a Temp of 9.9C :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Good afternoon, hope you're all well on this drab monday.

I was astonished by how welcoming you all are, like a big family i know it sounds cliche. I have gained much confidence; and I will continue posting although not too frequent. This forum is blighted by some individuals - which sometimes draws away alot of the good quality posts, which is produced on a daily basis. I would also like to take the opportunity to say thanks, to the great contributions, in and out this thread.

Weather report: Predominantly cloudy with a Temp of 9.9C Posted Image

We try our best and welcome all the same :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon one and all. Well as a post above said, what a difference a day makes.

Yesterday felt more like early summer here with unbroken sunshine, azzure blue skies and a temperature  of 19.7c. It was enough to coax me out for the second time in just a few days.  Today was a real climb down. Apart from an hour mid afternoon it's been overcast and the mercury struggled to reach 11.7c. Only to be expected though in the transitional season of Spring.

I have really enjoyed some of the fabulous photo's folk have shared of this weekends weather and the various reports so hopefully we can keep this forum going in a respectful and friendly manner for the benefit of all.

Have a good week people. Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sunshine has gone after a very pleasant start, bit of a nagging NNEasterly breeze now and view over towards Essex not as clear as yesterday but temp. still up to a very respectable 15c - hope that wasn't summerPosted Image

Picked up a 1909 halfpenny and a bit of a horseshoe walking the dogs across the farmers field this morning, don't think the horseshoe will bring me much luck in this condition though!

Posted Imagelck 003.JPG

Erm, it not just me that thinks that looks like something else is it?

First time today of this year I felt to hot in the car and had the cooler on. So looking forward to BBQ season and being warm late into the evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Erm, it not just me that thinks that looks like something else is it?

Actually no....it's just your the only one to mention it Posted Image

I had to take two when I first glanced at it .......I thought it looked like dog poo too (that is what you meant isn't it ?) Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Posted Image

very messy

15th-16th has a spread over 10 degrees on the uppers

so thats fi

keep short term for now

hope your all well

john

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

typical,its starts to warm up nicely,and we pick up a north-easterly,2 months to late mate,come back in 9 months

• Like 1

Posted

hi bjay

looking at the 72 fax

Posted Image

then the 84 fax which is for the same time but earlier run

Posted Image

it shows a possible shift east of the high pressure

so be interesting to see the later fax charts and see where that goes

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

dry and misty patches likely

not cold but may feel chilly in rural areas

slight breeze north east veering easterly later

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

after early mist clears

it looks likely cloud will be driven further inland from a chilly easterly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

none Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 12-14 degrees

the far east- north east of the region may get plagued by low cloud and temps will be tampered too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a chilly easterly flow

rain

Posted Image

none Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

not cold but will feel chilly

expect fog and mist to be more widespread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a very very weak easterly flow

fog and mist especially east of the region will be slow to clear

it will eventually though

rainfall

Posted Image

none Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

looks likely between 13-15 degrees

if you see a lot of the sun you may see a shade higher

if you have cloud persist you may see lower

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday night

Posted Image

a very weak north easterly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

nonePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

still likely to be kept classed not cold due to cloudcover

if you see the cloud lift you might just about see a frost

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a very weak flow

north west north of the region

north east south of the region

rainfall

Posted Image

nonePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 13-15 degrees

it looks likely sunnier north of the region

cloudy to the south-south east of the region

so overall

not bad Posted ImagePosted Image

back later with the rest

johnPosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Summer was great this year wasn't it? It lasted longer than most years, (ONE DAY). Roll on winter, let's hope it's not a repeat of the last one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

"Just been to shop and brrrr!Its turned a bit chilly after another lovely early spring day. Had a strange sort of day; Nipper lost her favourite stuffed doggy in town....the loo has a leak...the tooth brush holder smashed in the basin...and then the real brahmer; my niece dropped her bank card between the floor boards. If she'd aimed it she couldn't have done that. :O

If anyone is considering renting a place...don't use JSM Agents. They are rubbish. We've found all sorts of things wrong that should have been put right before anyone moved in. Very bad practice.

Have a good evening all. :)

• Like 1