Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well it too remained overcast all day here and only in the last half an hour has the sun finally had a chance to shine down on us here, so the chill is now slightly less in the breeze, which is handy as I need to pop out quickly anyway.

Now if only it will help lift this headache I have got then I will be a lot happier.

Posted

Afternoon all

Well it too remained overcast all day here and only in the last half an hour has the sun finally had a chance to shine down on us here, so the chill is now slightly less in the breeze, which is handy as I need to pop out quickly anyway.

Yep same here Jax re the sun putting in a late appearance. Better late than never.

Genuinely pleased to hear the good news job wise for CM's husband. An employer refusing time off for a childs operation is pretty lousy, he's better off out of that job. Result Mr CM .Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Great news Chilly!

Shows how odd modern life is, I've been completely bogged down since about 1:30pm with a succession of meetings and paperwork and just now had a chance to breath so came on to the site to catch up and saw all these posts saying it's sunny. Only then did I turn round and look out of the window to seethat it is. Why on earth didn't I turn around and look out of the window before logging on here? Bizarre....

Hope you all have a good evening. I am hoping to be away before it gets dark having been in the office since 7:15 am, especially as I have 2 cans of Punk IPA in the fridge placed there in anticipation of this being a long and dreary day!

AS

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm hoping this week doesn't turn out to be one of those mostly cloudy types. The Sun isn't yet powerful enough to easily burn off stuff that forms overnight.

Hopefully the cloud will become less of an issue over the next few days for those of us who have been unlucky enough to be plagued by this.

Patchy cloud and some morning mist and fog patches in places may linger near the coasts but overall sunny spells should be more widespread and the temperatures will respond during the afternoons across many inland areas with highs widely in the mid to low teens….

post-10773-0-80281300-1394560377_thumb.p

Images are from NW’s NMM model showing the daily maximum temperatures.

• Like 3

Talk of work..

I have been placed as the buyer of course to get 70 tonnes of sand to a site on Thursday only finding out this afternoon.

I can't wait to be my own boss really, this hidden slave trade in society making only the very top rich is doing my head in and I'm only 19.. Well 20 next week.. But you can see in the morning how down people are..

If or when I do own my own company, number one rule will be if your not happy say so, people who have to much in their plate, or have pressure from the power above don't achive or complete the job 100%

Now.. Anyone looking for a job? :D

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening,

Congratulations to Mr Chilly :) Been another tiresome day Zzz

its a cool 8.0C with thick grey cloud. Darkness is slowly descending.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted

Like it Surrey, think I come and work for you.

Working for yourselves can be extremely rewarding but I thought I would just give you an idea what I done today. For your info sometimes running your own company ain't fun, it's take all your time, energy and brain power, as chilly milly mentioned I didn't do my normal morning ramble (bet that pleased a lot of people :-)), why, I was up at 5:30, working at 5:40 just got in constant meetings, about purchasing, project costings, end of the year accounts, personnel finances, future tax planning, including how to pay more (I know its the wrong way round, but occassionally you need to think outside the box, for future gain), write various contractual letters including talking to our company solicitors at a cost of only £285 per hour. Then I got to start my real job of designing, oh yes, also answer phone and make tea / coffee when my staff are to busy. But today was a bad un, and as I say, when its good its good, another little hint, is at the end of every month you need enough money in the bank once you paid the suppliers, VAT and tax man to pay your staff (that's pressure). Oh yea I will still be working at 9 tonight and will do in excess of 100 hours this week, but I love it, I hope you have the opportunity, if you do, grab it with both hands, but most importantly do something you love, then it will be worthwhile. I can't tell you what the weather was like today, I haven't got a clue, I didn't get out not even for a sandwich and the drive home past in a flash, as I was on hands free, trying to catch up on the missed calls.

Brilliant news chilly milly re your husband, hope he tells his present employer to poke his job where the sun don't shine, its companies like that, that make it bad for the rest of us, our accounts ladies husband has just had a major operation and even our suppliers and customers are bending over backwards to help her, my staff have been truly magnificent doing everything possible too take the pressure of her. He's now making a good recovery so I like to think that the flexibility that we have given her has helped.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Lovely to come on here and share in "peoples" good news. Well done and good luck!!

Cloudy and chlly until about 3ish and then the sun decided to shine.....!

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all.

Appropro nothing in particular other than trying to put things in perspective, and redress the balance a touch, I don't suppose for one minute I'm the only one here who would jump at the chance of being employed again. Health issues have dictated otherwise though. Life goes on.

The latest forecasts suggest the cloud that has blighted much of the region for the last 2 days may be in retreat as the week progresses. I would certainly welcome that. Blue skies and sunshine certainly lift my spirits.

NB: CK, off topic I know but what are your thoughts on the sacking of Chris Powell ??

• Like 9

Posted

Bluebreezer54, I know your post wasn't aimed particularly about my post but, I'm very sorry if my post was a bit insensitive it wasn't meant to be, I was aware of your predictiment and I realise the frustration that you and people in a similar position to you must suffer every day. I don't really know what to say, other than I wish you luck and better health in the future, I'm certain you are not looking for my sympathy, but I offer it anyway.

Re Chris Powell, until I read your post I hadn't heard the news, (told you I been busy) it a very difficult situation as he's my hero, he's a gentleman, and a gentle, caring human being, he's an exact opposite of any footballer I ever had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting, he has done so much for fans that has never been published, the time he, his wife and kids have spent so much time helping terminal ill kids etc.. But the pressure has been building over the year, this season I think he's only won 6 games, he's to nice a man to be put under that much pressure, but as I say I haven't had time to read anything about it, and as yet don't know the reason for his sacking, I assume the final nail in his coffin was Sunday, and all I can say if we played extremely badly.

Ps I still don't what's the weather been like today.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 7

Posted

hi all

hope your all well

will update later tonight as a footie match on soon Posted Image

just leave you with this

Posted Image

a slightly better agreement on the 15th

cooling off 17th on

how cool is up in the air as a BIG spread on the 19th showing

looks pretty dry to the 19th still Posted Image

anyway be back later

john Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Bluebreezer54, I know your post wasn't aimed particularly about my post but, I'm very sorry if my post was a bit insensitive it wasn't meant to be, I was aware of your predictiment and I realise the frustration that you and people in a similar position to you must suffer every day. I don't really know what to say, other than I wish you luck and better health in the future, I'm certain you are not looking for my sympathy, but I offer it anyway.

Re Chris Powell, until I read your post I hadn't heard the news, (told you I been busy) it a very difficult situation as he's my hero, he's a gentleman, and a gentle, caring human being, he's an exact opposite of any footballer I ever had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting, he has done so much for fans that has never been published, the time he, his wife and kids have spent so much time helping terminal ill kids etc.. But the pressure has been building over the year, this season I think he's only won 6 games, he's to nice a man to be put under that much pressure, but as I say I haven't had time to read anything about it, and as yet don't know the reason for his sacking, I assume the final nail in his coffin was Sunday, and all I can say if we played extremely badly.

Ps I still don't what's the weather been like today.

Kerry, I certainly didn't read your, or anyone elses post as insensitive, not at all. I was just expressing the other side of the coin from a different angle.

I'm sorry I was the bearer of bad news regarding Chris Powell, I just assumed you already knew.

Back to the weather........more sunshine on the way later this week hopefully. Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Been a chilly and mostly overcast day here today.

Great news about Mr Chilly Millie, and Jimmy keep at it mate. Your wife is far more important.

Just chilling at the mo. 12k run done, homemade soup eaten, now just one cheeky bottle of becks to replenish the sugars I lost running tonight ;-)

Night guys.

Edited by LeighD
  • Like 4

Posted

Evening each. It's been a lovely day here after a slightly gloomy start. Bit chilly now, mind.Re' above posts. I hope people are not going to have to feel as though they are walking on egg shells when posting. There seems to be an awful lot of tension about on what used to be a very friendly, happy-go-lucky forum and which was a joy to visit.People leaving, getting angry and stressed, and some nasty, sarcastic remarks have been posted.This is a weather forum, and I, and I'm sure many others, would like to see it return to how it was when I first joined nearly two years ago. Otherwise, I fear more people will leave and that would not be nice.

well hopefully they all take the same stance as me .... dont let the bastards get to you! :)

now thats out the way.. wind dropped enough to make dog walks more pleasurable. but my luck is really poxed. not got two pennies to rub together until pay day and still managed to lose a tenner out my pocket while walking dog. :o what with bank been hacked and robbed over weekend, i feel like nothings going my way :( still, least she who must be disobeyed has gone up for an early night :lol: :D

temps around 6.5 here and no breeze. sky cloudy but a lot clearer than earlier :)

sorry...'ning all :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, reasonable afternoon after a grey morning, quite chilly outside. Hopefully there will be more sun and warmth tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

update for now

tomorrow

Posted Image

a very weak easterly flow

rainfall

nonePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

14-15 degrees

but may be a shade lower to the north east east if cloud does not clear

looks cloudy and misty early, clearing then clouding over late pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a very weak east flow

rain

none Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

looks around 6 degrees

mist and fog looks likely

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a very weak flow likely north east

rainfall

nonePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

we should all see mainly sunny skys after any morning mist burns away

around 14-16 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday night

Posted Image

a weak north easterly

watch for fog tonight

rainfall

none Posted ImagePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a slightly more breezy north west flow

rainfall

nonePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

i would not rule out a 16-18 degrees here

sunny as wellPosted Image

so overall pretty goodPosted ImagePosted Image

back later

• Like 5

Posted

Evening, reasonable afternoon after a grey morning, quite chilly outside. Hopefully there will be more sun and warmth tomorrow.

16 from what ive seen. but with no northerly that should suffice :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

taken a while to get back online, cable internet decided to chuck a wobbly, seems OK now though.  Fine and dry evening here, quite mild for the time of year I feel, but expect a chilly dawn as the skies have cleared (not been out for a few hours now so that may be the case already).

Posted

Bright and clear here in Walton after a long grey day.

Well done to Mr Chilly, any boss who behaves as your current employer did doesn't deserve  Mr Chilly's efforts and loyalty.

looking forward to some brighter days during the rest of the week

• Like 2

Posted

and where is MK tonight with her weather updates?? seems she has not been about for ages. hope all is well :)

which reminds me... i'm hungry :winky:

time for bed. night all :D

Posted

Evening all

taken a while to get back online, cable internet decided to chuck a wobbly, seems OK now though.  Fine and dry evening here, quite mild for the time of year I feel, but expect a chilly dawn as the skies have cleared (not been out for a few hours now so that may be the case already).

when i worked at Henlow it always seemed to be a frost spot.

mind you it was an airbase and lots of undeveloped land around, but even so, it always seemed to attract the coldest of conditions compared to biggleswade and surrounding areas Posted Image

definitely going now

night all! Posted Image

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1