Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

yay! seems like the weather has made lots of you happy :)

lets hope it lasts! happiness i mean :D

my weekend been good. dog walks and "she who must be disobeyed" out and about to leave me alone :)

now the bad bit.... my bank txt me to say they want me to verify some transactions... seems my account has been stripped of money out in new york. wouldnt mind so much if i was actually out there :rolleyes: :lol:

so glad im with barclays. they are really good on card fraud and have stopped acct. stopped card, and will reimburse any dodgy transactions. just goes to show. i am soooo careful with online stuff and where i use my card, yet it can happen to anyone :nonono:

still, least i had enough cash for a beer tonight when walking dog :D

cool now, no wind and clear, temps around 10C but after the warmth today feels cooler. might have a bit of mist in the morning, but dont anticipate any frost. gettng close to bed time for me. well im getting on you know :lol:

actually, i want to get an early night so i can get up and to work early. my flexi time is about 2 days in debit :o :rolleyes:

Posted

..Plenty of relaxation needed for me now with the Cheltenham Festival beginning on Tuesday, our busiest time of the year. Don't ask me for any tips please! Although the winner I was so fortunate to tip last year, CHAMPAGNE FEVER, ....

the festival is great for the area. just a shame it makes getting to my work and out of it at the end of the day a pain next week. dont go to my HQ that often, but guess which week im due to be there? :rolleyes:

i say "guess" because i wont ask you to bet on it :D

night all. have a happy monday everyone :D

• Like 1

Posted

Me

theres bragging, and then theres real bragging, but that is just plain super! as an ex raf employee i know how good that feels to sit there Posted Image

good on you!

best experience i ever had.... (other then one thing Posted Image ) was taking off the flight deck of ark royal at full pelt. ... so glad i missed breakfast Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

http://gavsweathervids.com/ Concerns for April from the latest weather models according to Gavin. April could be cold and wintry. SNOW is mentioned!

NOOOOoooo.  The sun and warmth has been so uplifting.  I, for one, don't want to go back to that kind of weather now.  Am hoping the models have just had a that time of the month hissy fit.  

yay! seems like the weather has made lots of you happy Posted Image

lets hope it lasts! happiness i mean Posted Image

my weekend been good. dog walks and "she who must be disobeyed" out and about to leave me alone Posted Image

now the bad bit.... my bank txt me to say they want me to verify some transactions... seems my account has been stripped of money out in new york. wouldnt mind so much if i was actually out there Posted ImagePosted Image

so glad im with barclays. they are really good on card fraud and have stopped acct. stopped card, and will reimburse any dodgy transactions. just goes to show. i am soooo careful with online stuff and where i use my card, yet it can happen to anyone Posted Image

still, least i had enough cash for a beer tonight when walking dog Posted Image

cool now, no wind and clear, temps around 10C but after the warmth today feels cooler. might have a bit of mist in the morning, but dont anticipate any frost. gettng close to bed time for me. well im getting on you know Posted Image

actually, i want to get an early night so i can get up and to work early. my flexi time is about 2 days in debit Posted ImagePosted Image

Bad luck Mick.  It is a horrible feeling when someone wipes out your account.  Thankfully my bank were very good at sorting it all out quickly.  So glad for you that you are having a similarly efficient service.  Em, why are you buying beer for your dog when out walking it...??? Posted Image  

A balmy 9oC here atm.  

Posted
  ....Em, why are you buying beer for your dog when out walking it...??? Posted Image  

A balmy 9oC here atm.  

he doesnt like malibu! :D (see previous post)

night SH and night all :)

Posted

he doesnt like malibu! Posted Image (see previous post)

night SH and night all Posted Image

Ah. I see now. Posted Image

Night night.

Posted

Posted Image

look at bottom right

thats where the split is on the ensembles at present

a couple of days and things will become clearer

although colder is the favourite at present

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

NOOOOoooo.  The sun and warmth has been so uplifting.  I, for one, don't want to go back to that kind of weather now.  Am hoping the models have just had a that time of the month hissy fit.  

Bad luck Mick.  It is a horrible feeling when someone wipes out your account.  Thankfully my bank were very good at sorting it all out quickly.  So glad for you that you are having a similarly efficient service.  Em, why are you buying beer for your dog when out walking it...??? Posted Image  

A balmy 9oC here atm.  

The models having a time of the month hissy fitPosted Image That has been happening a lot lately. Just to depress you even more, there is a possible cold spell in 10days time too.Posted Image

Posted

well, what a day,  19.2 C brilliant sunshine all day, not a cloud in the sky.

Look forward to the same next weekend ( I live in hope)

As for the undercurrent on the forum, they haven't affected me in any way, but if it does, I'll report it and let the Mods sort it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Me

Well, could this be the cue for a new avatar?  ... There you are in a cockpit of an old fashioned plane with a wind-up propeller thingy....instead of sitting at a table with a ciggy in one hand, a mountain behind you, and minus the 'go nationwide' sunglassesPosted Image Posted Image

Pass on my regards to Sparrow's Den, and 'that bench' where the funny man with the soggy trousers and shoes sat in the midst of the flood the other week, and also in that respect I guess one can soon wave "bye bye" to the water board service men in their little yellow hard hats tending to the fat water pipes that have straddled the pavements decorating the junction just by the A232 roundabout, close to Coney Hall - which is where I start to wend my way back towards the A21Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

fax update

thursday

Posted Image

again the main thing

dry

friday

Posted Image

a little note on that cold front on the way south

that may be wet

long way out for now so not worried for the moment

as that stands dry for most of the day

risk of showers early pm onwards

north east flow so less cloud but would be a shade cooler

i think some model swings likely early next week coming up

be back soon with the london ecm ensembles Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

certainly cooling down 17th onwards

19th on note some cold ensembles there

wind

Posted Image

the odd bit of breeze but no storms

rain

Posted Image

that will do nicely Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A beautiful weather day here and still relatively warm.

Walking back from the pub, I could hear a chorus of birdsong, most prominent of which was the singing of blackbirds; in my opinion the most glorious of our songbirds, even outshining nightingales (we have some of them locally too, but it's not quite their time yet) There's a half moon now too, with Jupiter sitting prominently to its left.

I always appreciate the different weather tastes of people and don't criticise people's choices, but the thought that of late snow is something that's not appealing to me now. I know today is too early (and too good) to last, but it was a great taster for weather I hope to see on a prolonged basis in 6 weeks to 2 months time. Posted Image

Feeling good now, especially for a Sunday evening, mostly weather induced. Posted Image

I really don't mind if it's totally different from today and snows. It's what keeps weather interesting. I get bored with week after week of the same thing - even in summer if we get a month-long heatwave - I find myself wishing it would rain (a little). Same in that winter when the snow lay around for 6-7 weeks - I got bored with white fields.

What's been tough about this winter is the constant rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

15th on fi

drop still there 17th on and has shown this for a few days now

18th on is cold and some of those ensembles would not be out of place in january

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=0&mode=1&carte=0 Posted Image

19th on the op can be ignored

lets see how this unfolds over the next few days

• Like 2

Posted

I really don't mind if it's totally different from today and snows. It's what keeps weather interesting. I get bored with week after week of the same thing - even in summer if we get a month-long heatwave - I find myself wishing it would rain (a little). Same in that winter when the snow lay around for 6-7 weeks - I got bored with white fields.

What's been tough about this winter is the constant rain.

Totally agree - I feel like that here. It was a novelty at first but now after 4 months of snow it becomes tedious.

That's why I love UK weather and especially in the south east, it can be so varied.

I am still going for snow end of March/early April as I said back in January. Some heavy snows have come along at this time in history.

I would recommend the weather book series by Bob Ogley, Ian Currie and Mark Davidson detailing Kent, Sussex, Essex, Suffolk on past weather events. They are a great reminder that anything could happen at anytime of year.

As I am back in Kent early April I bet it does snow, just to annoy me lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all. Just in from a superb day at home of English rugby! Gutted about the result, England were the better side, and very exciting to watch!! I hope Wales can beat scotland next weekend and finish third maybe. Was incredible atmosphere and I met so many gracious people today, very kind, and sociable.

It was a fabulous weather day, with most folks outside enjoying the clear blue skies and warmth.

Just now there is a low fog on the field, but it is not cold at all, just a tad chilly.

Congratulations England!!!! I think we play you in the World Cup, aaaaaarrghhh!!

• Like 7

Posted

Some temperatures coming in at 8.5oC at 2AM in North Kent. Balmy

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone feeling bright and breezy, another lovely morning today, no wind, clear sky's and a slight hint of some mellow misty ness .

Off to horrible Harlow today, to the office for a meeting, got a brace of consultants coming in today to discuss a future project, truly a case of the mountain coming to Mohamed, wonder what I done wrong for this unique feat to occur. To be fair I actually know what gone wrong, clients sometime can be a bit naughty and send you an enquiry, use your budget price to present to the board and then do some alterations and then expect you to undertake the work for the same. Today is a classic case of this, so it will arm twisting and cost cutting. That's one of the disadvantages of undertaking bespoke designs. Oh well, it will be fun a few hours, and the air is sure to turn blue, as all the weeks of work and the endless calculations are thrown out of the window.

Got one of those terrible weeks this week, where I'm traveling the country via the great British motorway network, let's hope they stay clear for me. Have a great day everyone.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, bright start to the day here though it does looks cloudier and cooler than the last couple of days. Still not convinced on a proper cold spell myself later on in the month, looks like one of those events which will probably get shunted into the continent though I might be wrong.

• Like 1

Posted

The models having a time of the month hissy fitPosted Image That has been happening a lot lately. Just to depress you even more, there is a possible cold spell in 10days time too.Posted Image

4oC at 6.45 when leaving for work, rising to 5o in WGC centre.  Driving into the sun again with pale pink misty fields gave me that good to be alive feeling, and there hasn't been any of that around for the last 18 months, so if that cold spell does evolve but with sun, I'll take that with gratitude!  For all of you who either work outside/or can simply be outside, I hope you have a fab day out there *she says slightly enviously* 

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all, it's a bright, cool morning here this morning.  Temp 7.7c and rising rapidly.

Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Still bright here, but I expect it to cloud up later.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning all,

Busy old weekend with the bootsale being manic in Leigh on sea. Had to have the police come down and close the road which was a nightmare. Sorry to anyone who lives in that area,  i know we have a few on here.

A lovely morning walk to work from southwark, personally i also like to have some variation on the weather front so if the cold and snow does come, then at least it keeps things interesting....

• Like 4