Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something different!

Beautiful day in Eastbourne. Shame Coast left as he was from Eastbourne as well I believe. There has been too many very unpleasant posts on the MOD thread this winter...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

What a beautiful Spring day. Hope you're all enjoying it whatever you're doing. The marina here looks like a millionaires playground with all the boats moored there. Like an East Anglian Monaco.

post-17085-0-44792600-1394382761_thumb.j

post-17085-0-96458400-1394382819_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well what a lovely day. Shame I have spent most of it indoors with food poisoningPosted Image

I forced myself to go out in sun a little earlier and did a bit of weeding and now I feel a lot better so I'm going to attempt to eat dinner later.

On the plus side just bought our new motor!Posted Image

Wait, what. Who has left, why? PM please to stop it being spread on here, this makes me sad.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 3

Posted

I am receiving pictures from family members in Kent and the weather looks amazing. 19oC and sunny. Well needed after all the winter rains.

Maybe a first bbq of the year for some?

Enjoy :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well its been really nice here... the cats are ecstatic and so am I as it's the first day for months I haven't had to change their cat litter trays (maybe too much information, but by the end of winter it's the sort of daily chore that just does your head in)... They're doing their 'businesses' outside again!!!! YAY Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hasn't been exactly peaceful though as our lane has been on the route of a cycle race and every time one of them goes past, the dogs woof woof - that must be all they hear - a succession of houses with a dog in it barking.

I've got my lovely white Bob Dylan T-shirt on and some nice Rosa Mosa sandals I picked up in a sale a few months ago and haven't been able to wear... yes I know - very superficial, but today I feel like doing SA and just enjoying myself, I'll start the gardening tomorrow.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well what a lovely day. Shame I have spent most of it indoors with food poisoningPosted Image

I forced myself to go out in sun a little earlier and did a bit of weeding and now I feel a lot better so I'm going to attempt to eat dinner later.

On the plus side just bought our new motor!Posted Image

Wait, what. Who has left, why? PM please to stop it being spread on here, this makes me sad.

Did you have a kebab Lauren? 18.5c today in london. April is going to be a cold, unsettled,  according to some of the latest model output.

Edited by ajpoolshark
swear filter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon, absolute beauty of a day here, unbroken sunshine and a high of 19C, surprised and delighted that some places have breached the 20C mark today, it took until the end of June last year to break 20C back in Yarmouth so this Spring has certainly started well. 

• Like 4

Posted

Afternoon, what a stunning day it's been today, shame about losing today but somebody has to win and today it wasn't our turn, anyway always hard to tell but I think the best team won. Only problem with this beautiful weather is that in the evening the sun seems even brighter. Have a great night everyone, oh sorry to hear of even more unrest on this fabulous site, sorry about the length of my recent posts, the first is undoubtedly down to AS for mentioning grass smell and cricket and the second was down to being bored this morning prior to our trip to Sheffield.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Victor is a happy Victor!

Awesome weather, I WANT MORE!

• Like 8

Posted

Hello all. I am sitting here in a one bed tiny converted kennel in the middle of a field on a farm in Christchurch. Staying here for a week and have had a wonderful day walking in Bournemouth beach and pier. Sitting in front of a small wood burner watching the sun set and the sky turn from blue to hazy blue as cloud comes over as forecast. Have a great week I am sure I will.

SQ1

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Had a lovely day here!! Wall to wall sunshine, and I even managed to scramble over two motorbikes, four bikes and two sledges (I made my hubby put  them at the front of the shed at the start of winter) and got my "sun" chair out!!  This morning my 14 year old daughter and myself went for a walk in the woods, just beautiful, the sun was streaming through the trees..... She even said "I love living here"!! ...... When we got home we made some cakes and then  tie-dyed some t shirts in the garden in the warm sunshine!!

Would just like to add that I don't post often but have found you all to be a friendly, caring bunch even if a bit "mad" sometimes. Keep up the great work!!

• Like 4

Posted

hi all

hope you had a great day

i was going to take photos of my desk but thought that a bit silly

off for a week and heading to the dizzy highs of my roof tomorrow Posted Image

will update soon

best regards

john Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

hi all

hope you had a great day

i was going to take photos of my desk but thought that a bit silly

off for a week and heading to the dizzy highs of my roof tomorrow Posted Image

will update soon

best regards

john Posted ImagePosted Image

have a good week John and I don't want any snow reports due to your height whilst on the roofPosted Image

Hope you've all had a good weekend and managed to relax and enjoy a bit of sunshine ..

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

...a leisurely walk....

...maybe a swim ....

....seen the spring flowers....

....or something that made you smile ....

...or even jump for joy !!!

Posted Imageimage.jpg

... ... It's been wonderful here in the Cotswolds :-)

I have a feeling that's the zoo we visited on our first wedding anniversary, see I know how to have a good time

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had a lovely day here!! Wall to wall sunshine, and I even managed to scramble over two motorbikes, four bikes and two sledges (I made my hubby put  them at the front of the shed at the start of winter) and got my "sun" chair out!!  This morning my 14 year old daughter and myself went for a walk in the woods, just beautiful, the sun was streaming through the trees..... She even said "I love living here"!! ...... When we got home we made some cakes and then  tie-dyed some t shirts in the garden in the warm sunshine!!

Would just like to add that I don't post often but have found you all to be a friendly, caring bunch even if a bit "mad" sometimes. Keep up the great work!

I find this thread a really friendly place too, other threads are a little too cliquey for my liking.  13.2c still and not a cloud in the sky.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

What a fantastic day it has been, still 15.3oC out there now (18 if you believe the computer), spent the afternoon out in the sun and what a pleasant day it has been , shame it had to end but sadly washing and other jobs still needed to be done here to return I had to, just hope it continues this way weather wise.

Posted 4 minutes ago

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

don't like your forecast at all JP , someone has put a red line thought it already though :lol:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

A beautiful weather day here and still relatively warm.

Walking back from the pub, I could hear a chorus of birdsong, most prominent of which was the singing of blackbirds; in my opinion the most glorious of our songbirds, even outshining nightingales (we have some of them locally too, but it's not quite their time yet) There's a half moon now too, with Jupiter sitting prominently to its left.

I always appreciate the different weather tastes of people and don't criticise people's choices, but the thought that of late snow is something I not appealing now. I know today is too early (and too good) to last, but it was a great taster for weather I hope to see on a prolonged basis in 6 weeks to 2 month's time. Posted Image

Feeling good now, especially for a Sunday evening, mostly weather induced. Posted Image

Good day or what!?!

I went to the pub this afternoon aswell (naughty but oh well), now after dinner I must suffer the ironing, but at least I can watch countryfile whilst I do that Posted Image

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

Posted

heres the update for tonight

arsenal play wigan in the fa cup semi final Posted Image

tonight

not cold but after today will probably feel it

mist and fog patches possible too

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak north easterly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like some light drizzly murk but mainly north of our region

Posted Image

should clear all by mid pm

temps

Posted Image

a slight spread here

south of the thames around 13-14 degrees

north of the river around 11-13 degrees and east coasts may be a little cooler due to cloudcover

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a very weak north east flow

rainfall

Posted Image

the odd bit of v light dizzle but mainly dry

watch for mist and fog tonight

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

fog looks more an issue than frost

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a more direct easterly flow

this is likely to push more cloud further inland today

rainfall

Posted Image

none Posted ImagePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 13-14 degrees south

10-13 north of the region

will feel quite chilly as not a huge amount of sun on that set up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

an easterly flow

breezy but not strong

rainfall

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

temps higher tonight due to low cloud and mist

no frost

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a weaker easterly flow

this is weaker so a better chance of more sun

rain

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

between 13-15 degrees

maybe a 16 locally

so not bad and no snow reports from my roof likely next week Posted Image

re the outlook

if you look at 144 charts there is disagreement

the ensembles certainly show a cool down but a long way to go to pin down how cool

back later with the later updates

john Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I think the best way to deal with anyone who is trolling or causing problems is to have a sense of humour and laugh it off. I got some excellent advice in here a week or two back from a load of people in terms of dealing with personally aimed comments etc and it is well worth takingPosted Image

Especially because I think some of the undercurrent going on is connected to that. I have no idea what upset snowlady but hopefully no-one behind the scenes has been giving her a hard time either. The rest of the background gossip is still to do with Coast leaving.

There should be closure from all this and everyone should move on and be happyPosted Image

Life is far too short  - plus when the sun is shining on a stunning day like today, then all the more reason to try and be happy.

Another visit to the garden centre completed earlier this afternoon, and I have another couple of hours coming up to attend to my plants in the garden. Then a roasting joint is going to go into the oven, seasoned with paprika and herbs, to have with some home made chips (and Tams style homemade ketchupPosted Image ) 

The Prosecco is going to get iced up for a short time next to my tupperware on this very shelf in the freezer,. I know, but I don't carePosted Image  I'll post this pic yet again as it is an anniversary this week and my snow is 1 year old !!Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image003.JPG

Hope to get those New Forest pony piccies I mentioned before soon - once my friends mobile starts to behave itself and download them to my computerPosted Image

Whilst out along the seafront there were some people dressed like in this pic I took from there in July last year 

Posted Image003.JPG

I'm not quite at that stage yet...its feels much more like early Spring right out of the sun and in the shade down herePosted Image

Btw - before I leave for the garden I forgot to say welcome to our newcomer. Sorry DanielPosted Image  - it's great to have you here posting with usPosted Image

Firstly I'd like to thank those members who have sent me kind PM's, in response to my post earlier. I may well be able to throw some light on the reason why Andrea (Snowlady) is having a break. The problems that were caused a while back on the Model Thread re. a certain nasty, abusive post about Tams, have unfortunately rumbled on and Andrea and I had a few words around the fallout over it, so her comments could have been aimed at me, although tbh, I'm not entirely sure. I really hope that she will be back posting soon, as we know she has plenty of other issues to worry about, much more important than a few squabbles on an internet forum. I've sent her a PM and hope she accepts my apologies, if indeed it's that, which has caused her to have a break.The stupid thing is though that the individual and others concerned with "that" post are the ones who kicked all this off and are no doubt, in the shadows (although not that well hidden) and laughing about it right now, they certainly know who they are but others have been caught up in it.

Anyway Tams is right of course, life is too short, it's time for closure now, move on and laugh it off, there's plenty more things to worry about, than an internet forum. I've got a bottle of wine in the fridge and a comedy classic lined up tonight, if Woody Allen's your thing!

Plenty of relaxation needed for me now with the Cheltenham Festival beginning on Tuesday, our busiest time of the year. Don't ask me for any tips please! Although the winner I was so fortunate to tip last year, CHAMPAGNE FEVER, is running again on Tuesday in the 2.05 race. It was pure coincidence, with all the talk of sparkling wine a few days earlier on Mothers Day. Think I can remember Mr.Stun or Mr.Stodge having a decent bet on it, £50 or something? Dont you dare do it again, whichever one of you it was, frightened the life out of me!

Mind you Tams has a bottle of Prosecco for tonight but then there's already a horse called that and it won the other day! Did I back it, no! But it wont be running at Cheltenham.

So back to the original point of my post, no more mention of these problems from me, promise!

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 8