Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

18c being breached in places!To think this time last year we were witnessing windchills of down to -15 is absolutely bonkers! Just shows you how much of a stark contrast March can bring!

I hated the outcome of last years spring (or lack of it), lost a few plants to that winter/spring period too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

19.5oC in my shed! never thought I would be posting that temp so early in March this year (and yes I am about to go back outside to enjoy it)

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful, 18.2c in Reigate, had a lovely walk earlier across drying fields under a clear blue sky.

AS

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hey all I've been watching over you for around a year,

I feel that its time to the break ice, this is surprisingly daunting - I'm 17 and have a keen interest in all weather related things.

Temp 17.4C clear and sunny outside! Posted Image

Afternoon Daniel.

Welcome to the madhouse! :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

AS, my true weakness the smell of newly mown grass and the sound of leather on willow, how I long for those long gone days, of gentle breezes and mellow whispers of the bar man pulling that first pint of golden nectar. Boy do I miss it, how I long for one last innings, the memories of those dashing square cuts and blazing straight drives, or how about from the bowlers point of view, the thud of leather on the unprotected skin or the satisfying thud of leather on those sweaty smelly pink boxes, the tear of joy from the slips when the batsman, shakes his leg and little pieces of plastic sprinkle onto the ground, the brief discussion with the umpire on wether its cricket for the batsman to be run out because he rolled out his crease, or the call for the batsman wife to bring out the trezzers to remove the splinters from his... Well think you can finish that part of a true story and painful story, the only good thing, I was that bowler, the batsman ended up in hospital with a lot of stitches, but we assumed he was trying to brag.

What a great shame, that your body gives out before your brain, I'm still convinced I could get that elusive ton, or the that 6 wicket haul, how many times did I takes 5 wickets never once 6, it ain't fair, nor was getting out in the 90's and the 6 times I was out on 49, he goes of into the sunset mumbling about lose youth and they don't build girls like they used to.

Is it right and sensible that a old codger like me, should be laying awake all excited about a football match being played tomorrow, for gawd sake I got to be up at half five, and I'm too excited to sleep, have a nice night, what's left of it, and have a great day tomorrow. Time for sleep, as I think I have lost it.

Weather was beautiful today.

My 83 year old Dad was asked to play a game of cricket by the warden of our church. He spent all afternoon searching the loft for his bat, pads and cricket sweater and eventually found them in a tin trunk.

Came the big day and he was bowled out first over  Posted Image  My mother observed this with a steely eye as he'd lost his temper several times when she couldn't remember where they might be.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm intrigued as to the rumblings of discontent on the forum. :(

I know we all have our 'off' days, but I've not really seen anything here (in this particular thread) that's made me think all is not well, apart from the said murmurings. Maybe it's all going on with PM's, or maybe ignorance is bliss in my case? :)

Off to the pub now. :D  Posted Image

I think we should organise some sort of Spring meet up,maybe south of the river this time?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm intrigued as to the rumblings of discontent on the forum. Posted Image

I know we all have our 'off' days, but I've not really seen anything here (in this particular thread) that's made me think all is not well, apart from the said murmurings. Maybe it's all going on with PM's, or maybe ignorance is bliss in my case? Posted Image

Off to the pub now. Posted Image  Posted Image

I think we should organise some sort of Spring meet up,maybe south of the river this time?

Which river? the South East and East Anglia's a big place. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I'm intrigued as to the rumblings of discontent on the forum. Posted Image

I know we all have our 'off' days, but I've not really seen anything here (in this particular thread) that's made me think all is not well, apart from the said murmurings. Maybe it's all going on with PM's, or maybe ignorance is bliss in my case? Posted Image

Off to the pub now. Posted Image  Posted Image

I should add Steve, there are some very friendly, helpful people on this thread and the problem makers, come largely from outside our region.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I think my local thermometer is out as its saying its 22c with a top temp of 24c lol

• Like 1

Posted

So sad to learn that whatever rumbles have been going on, continue to do so, albeit underground.  Like Steve I have been mostly oblivious, and hopefully it will continue that way.  Sometimes I think I must be in my own little world, you are all, however, most welcome here.  It can be blissfully peaceful here most times.:D

I've had a glorious morning baking and gardening, followed a bike ride out to Willian which ended in a broken bike and walk part of the way home.  Oh well, such is life. :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

19c here, hit that about an hour ago, back up there and climbing again :)

Wunderground reports 19.8c for my location!

Wunderground also reports 21.7c in Farringdon :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Wow ...... what a wonderful day, this is more like it. 

Not sure if it is an official recording but RAF Northolt has reached 20oC today.

More of the same please, bring on the clock change as well Posted Image

I have to wonder as well, those few that stuck their necks out several weeks, even months ago and said winter was over and a non-event; would they be entitled to an apology from the snow lovers whom shot them down? Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

wow! what a glorious day! dog walking been great in the sun. just one problem though......

took him out a little while ago and saw a bottle of water in the fridge indoors. so decided to take it with me for him to drink whislt out. i've got a collapseable bowl for his water. so put some in it when we stopped for a rest and he took one sniff and pawed it over. checked the bottle and lo and behold it was not water.... it was Malibu! Posted Image

my daughter (16 1/2) was going to take it with her last night but left it in the fridge...... needless to say the dog went thirsty; but i enjoyed the walk....

hic Posted Image

hope everyone is enjoying this great sunny and warm day

hic  Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 4

Posted

Thanks all for the warm welcome, your a lovely buntch :)

Shame that some don't comply - it is the internet after all. Full of characters.

Upto 18.1c and feeling rather pleasant - Lets hope winter 2014/2015 is somewhat drier :p

• Like 5

Posted

and the day getting even better..England 7-0 up in the rugby :D

i still am not convinced winter is over with; but am enjoying today as ive managed two washes on the line and dog walks been lovely... all i need now is a beer and "she who must be disobeyed" to go out and im a happy man :)

17.9 now but thats out the sun. no breeze and clear sky. the overnight drop in temps might give a bit of mist in the morning around here, but cant see it going so low to give a frost.

waiting to see the countryfile weather later :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I think the best way to deal with anyone who is trolling or causing problems is to have a sense of humour and laugh it off. I got some excellent advice in here a week or two back from a load of people in terms of dealing with personally aimed comments etc and it is well worth takingPosted Image

Especially because I think some of the undercurrent going on is connected to that. I have no idea what upset snowlady but hopefully no-one behind the scenes has been giving her a hard time either. The rest of the background gossip is still to do with Coast leaving.

There should be closure from all this and everyone should move on and be happyPosted Image

Life is far too short  - plus when the sun is shining on a stunning day like today, then all the more reason to try and be happy.

Another visit to the garden centre completed earlier this afternoon, and I have another couple of hours coming up to attend to my plants in the garden. Then a roasting joint is going to go into the oven, seasoned with paprika and herbs, to have with some home made chips (and Tams style homemade ketchupPosted Image ) 

The Prosecco is going to get iced up for a short time next to my tupperware on this very shelf in the freezer,. I know, but I don't carePosted Image  I'll post this pic yet again as it is an anniversary this week and my snow is 1 year old !!Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image003.JPG

Hope to get those New Forest pony piccies I mentioned before soon - once my friends mobile starts to behave itself and download them to my computerPosted Image

Whilst out along the seafront there were some people dressed like in this pic I took from there in July last year 

Posted Image003.JPG

I'm not quite at that stage yet...its feels much more like early Spring right out of the sun and in the shade down herePosted Image

Btw - before I leave for the garden I forgot to say welcome to our newcomer. Sorry DanielPosted Image  - it's great to have you here posting with usPosted Image

Do you think that the cold spell that has been appearing in some of the models for the middle of March, will verify?Posted Image

Posted

Hey all I've been watching over you for around a year,

I feel that its time to the break ice, this is surprisingly daunting - I'm 17 and have a keen interest in all weather related things.

Temp 17.4C clear and sunny outside! Posted Image

Welcome to the forum Daniel. No need to feel daunted, all that really matters ( or should matter ) here is that you have a keen interest in all weather related things.Posted Image

Edited to hastily throw in a local report.

It is an absolutely stunning day here. The nearby official Met Office site at Northolt recorded 19.7c, but I believe one or two other sites in the London area are reporting 20c. Some way off the date record but very pleasant all the same.Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 3

Posted

hic :lol:

oh, sorry, down to 16.8 here now :D

seriuosly though; its still nice out and England now 26 - 15 in the rugby :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think the best way to deal with anyone who is trolling or causing problems is to have a sense of humour and laugh it off. I got some excellent advice in here a week or two back from a load of people in terms of dealing with personally aimed comments etc and it is well worth takingPosted Image

Especially because I think some of the undercurrent going on is connected to that. I have no idea what upset snowlady but hopefully no-one behind the scenes has been giving her a hard time either. The rest of the background gossip is still to do with Coast leaving.

There should be closure from all this and everyone should move on and be happyPosted Image

Life is far too short  - plus when the sun is shining on a stunning day like today, then all the more reason to try and be happy.

Amen to that Tamara Posted Image

Just got back from a lovely day out on the Marlborough Downs (extreme west of this region, I guess!) with the good lady and the kids, and was a stunning afternoon in the Sun with temps approaching 20C and I do declare with a hint of sunburn!....not too shabby for the first half of March in anyone's books!

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 5