Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all chilly here, but nice n crisp and clear.

Going to england v Wales at the home of English rugby tomorrow!! Hoping for an exciting game... Come on the boys!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all chilly here, but nice n crisp and clear.Going to england v Wales at the home of English rugby tomorrow!! Hoping for an exciting game... Come on the boys!

Hi Ruthie, hope you enjoy the day, I used to get so passionate about England v Wales when I was younger but now with memories of my Welsh grandfather, plus my wife's Welsh father, our 4 (at least) times a year to the old place in North Pembrokeshire and my tendency to get emotional in the face of Welsh singing, landscape, poetry, I can honestly say that I don't mind who wins tomorrow as along as it's England but just by 1 point! My long gone mother, who had the Welsh father, used to say 'come on laddie' when we watched Wales/England matches in the 70s and she'd say it to whichever team was attacking. Used to drive me mad then, completely understand it now.Nos daAS Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2

Posted

AS, my true weakness the smell of newly mown grass and the sound of leather on willow, how I long for those long gone days, of gentle breezes and mellow whispers of the bar man pulling that first pint of golden nectar. Boy do I miss it, how I long for one last innings, the memories of those dashing square cuts and blazing straight drives, or how about from the bowlers point of view, the thud of leather on the unprotected skin or the satisfying thud of leather on those sweaty smelly pink boxes, the tear of joy from the slips when the batsman, shakes his leg and little pieces of plastic sprinkle onto the ground, the brief discussion with the umpire on wether its cricket for the batsman to be run out because he rolled out his crease, or the call for the batsman wife to bring out the trezzers to remove the splinters from his... Well think you can finish that part of a true story and painful story, the only good thing, I was that bowler, the batsman ended up in hospital with a lot of stitches, but we assumed he was trying to brag.

What a great shame, that your body gives out before your brain, I'm still convinced I could get that elusive ton, or the that 6 wicket haul, how many times did I takes 5 wickets never once 6, it ain't fair, nor was getting out in the 90's and the 6 times I was out on 49, he goes of into the sunset mumbling about lose youth and they don't build girls like they used to.

Is it right and sensible that a old codger like me, should be laying awake all excited about a football match being played tomorrow, for gawd sake I got to be up at half five, and I'm too excited to sleep, have a nice night, what's left of it, and have a great day tomorrow. Time for sleep, as I think I have lost it.

Weather was beautiful today.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hi all chilly here, but nice n crisp and clear.Going to england v Wales at the home of English rugby tomorrow!! Hoping for an exciting game... Come on the boys!

I swear that hat wasn't there, on your avatar, or am i going mad? 10.3c here still.

Posted

AS, my true weakness the smell of newly mown grass and the sound of leather on willow, how I long for those long gone days, of gentle breezes and mellow whispers of the bar man pulling that first pint of golden nectar. Boy do I miss it, how I long for one last innings, the memories of those dashing square cuts and blazing straight drives, or how about from the bowlers point of view, the thud of leather on the unprotected skin or the satisfying thud of leather on those sweaty smelly pink boxes, the tear of joy from the slips when the batsman, shakes his leg and little pieces of plastic sprinkle onto the ground, the brief discussion with the umpire on wether its cricket for the batsman to be run out because he rolled out his crease, or the call for the batsman wife to bring out the trezzers to remove the splinters from his... Well think you can finish that part of a true story and painful story, the only good thing, I was that bowler, the batsman ended up in hospital with a lot of stitches, but we assumed he was trying to brag.Is it right and sensible that a old codger like me, should be laying awake all excited about a football match being played tomorrow, for gawd sake I got to be up at half five, and I'm too excited to sleep, have a nice night, what's left of it, and have a great day tomorrow. Time for sleep.

CK, I'm very glad I never had to face you, the old Litesome salmon pink box might not have given me enough confidence to get on the front foot! Good luck tomorrow, as I said a while back I have a very soft spot for your nomadic and wonderful club - you should never lose that excitement, you are fortunate enough to have the same passion about your work and allegedly being an old codger (even if you are, which I doubt) has nothing to do with it! Keep fighting the good fight.Just realised I need to mention the weather.Ha, done it!AS
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks AS! The weather is looking kind tomorrow, mild and sunny, I hope the game also plays ball ! The sound of the welsh rugby crowd is a genuinely uplifting experience, maybe we can give sweet chariots a run for their money!!

Home advantage tomorrow for the English, and may the best team win...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Is it right and sensible that a old codger like me, should be laying awake all excited about a football match.

I am not a follower of football, but, as to the being excited about something which, to others may seem insignificant, I am in polytunnel heaven and can't wait to stock it...what makes you happy in life is important, no matter the significance to others methinks. Enjoy the match Charltonkerry. Still registering a 10.7 c here.
  • Like 4

Posted

I swear that hat wasn't there, on your avatar, or am i going mad? 10.3c here still.

I just changed it, ahead of the big game tomorrow!! So not going mad no!!Was amazing day today, uplifting having it sunny and dry!
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks AS! The weather is looking kind tomorrow, mild and sunny, I hope the game also plays ball ! The sound of the welsh rugby crowd is a genuinely uplifting experience, maybe we can give sweet chariots a run for their money!!Home advantage tomorrow for the English, and may the best team win...

Odd that I'm sitting here typing, it feels, with a Welsh accent and as I do so am hearing Land of my Fathers - I need to go to see Wales at home!AS

Posted

hi again

straight to the point

wednesday

Posted Image

dry Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

dryPosted Image

will update temps etc tomorrow

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

and for something different

dry again Posted Image

im off next week Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

hi im off next week ]

Enjoy the time out Mr P!
  • Like 1

Posted

thanks alix

got a lot to do at home re the roof damage received

so v happy re the dry weather Posted ImagePosted Image

heres the ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

still got the drop around the 17th

and precip up as well gfs however looks a shade ott in my eyes

however a spread on the 16th means thats fi for now

• Like 5

Posted

Thanks for the good wishes people, AS I would have taken it easy on you after all I wouldn't have wanted to be sued :-). Good luck all with the rugby, another of my passions, as over 50 years ago I was playing hooker, it used to great on those cold frosty days to get the first scrum in, really got warm, but I think rugby has altered so much in those intervening years, the professionalism of the game has taken it to another level. Its funny whilst I love rugby and cricket I find both very difficult to watch either live or on tele, I know I shouldn't, but I get to excited and this has spoilt both games as a spectator sport for me, shame but at least I got my football.

Just after Christmas the little old lady down the road sadly past away, I mentioned it on here, it was the same day that little Evi my latest grand daughter came into this world, at the wake I meet up with a couple of old school friends, one has give me an old school photo from around 1962, she had kindly enclosed a letter listing the names of all those dim and distant faces from those long forgotten days, there where my two best mates Pete and Graham, whatever happened to them, from the day I left that school, I never saw or heard from either of them, yet we where inseparable, the scraps we got into, the cowboy and injun battles held in Daves dad loft where he stored sweets for his shop, the snow ball fights later that year in that famous winter of 62/3. Those memories came flooding back, but their she was my first girlfriend, the girl who kissed me in the air raid shelter and shared my flying saucers, penny black jacks etc, I must admit I thought I recognise her, but over the years time had alter the colour of her hair, but her smiled gave it away, when she was pointed out to me. That lovely smile, and delicate lips that had dared to kiss mine. Whatever happened to her, did she go off and make a success of her life, have a family and a loving husband, I really hope so, is she reading this and thinking, what plonker writing this old sentimental rubbish, unfortunately nobody knows.

I told the wife about those long lost days at our nice meal last night, the long lost summers and winters, some of the scraps we used to get into, including bombing the little train that run around the old chalk pit, that now is Bluewater, but for some reason, the incident in the air raid shelter got omitted from the yarns I spun. Bach then I still had a passion for football and cricket, with my first visit to the valley being some 4 years prior to the photo being taken.

Oh well it time I got up, destiny awaits, who know what will happen today, will it be Wembley, or will it be the triple crown, who knows that's the beauty of sport.

Have a great day, think of me around 12 today and wish us Addicks luck, as we will need it, let's hope in whatever sport you are watching then the best teams wins, if it ain't us, then it's been a good adventure, I have spent precious time with my boy, doing things we both enjoy, and hopefully making for some of the time I wasn't their during his young days, work can be a pain. Hey ho, win or more than likely lose, we got another game on Wednesday night, when no doubt I won't be able to sleep as the events of that game will be replaying in my head.

Weather its dry and very dark out.

Funny I just came down to the living room, and their was that photo, and I looked around the room and what a difference 50 years make, the flash colour tele in the corner instead of a radio, the piles of shopping from bluewater a chalk pit those dim a distant days ago, my mum could never have afforded or indeed wanted the wife's Chanel make up, the candles just purchased from Yankee Candles back those all years ago you bought a candle for the simple reason the lights would go out, not now we had to sniff them and agree which one was the nicest smelling, do you know what 50 years ago it was a much simpler and healthier way of living, i enjoyed those long days more than now, but if I could go back would, I don't think so, no wife's, no kids, no grand kids, whilst I have been known to moan about the wife etc, I think I would miss them all to much.

Alixandra, I learnt many years ago, that nothing in this world is insignificant and it doesn't matter what your passion is for, the important thing is that you have a passion, my true love other than the wife I add hastily is my work, I been lucky I fell into a job, still wonder how, and I love it, the ability to be able to design from scratch a bespoke piece of plant is I believe a gift which somehow or other has been bestowed on me, the pleasure I get one starting up one of these major plants is an unbelievable high, but it's the pain and countless hours of frustration getting to that point that makes the high so great. Enjoy your planning, of your poly tunnels as it's the planning that ultimately makes your long journey a success, there no chances as in sport where a bounce of ball could alter everything, it's just hard word, design and planning, then in your case, the weather. Enjoy it, as eventually the fruits of your passion will be there for all to see.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 9

Posted

Morning all!  Dry, sunny and 10.5c here already. Posted Image

What a lovely read back this morning.  I love hearing all the nostalgic posts especially when they are written as eloquently as they are here. I can almost smell the grass and I'm imagining myself in the pavillion making cucumber sandwiches. :D  It has brought back a rush of memories for myself, but I can't wax as lyrical as you guys so I shall just enjoy them in my head. :)

Today I plan some gardening, because of the glorious weather and also some baking because my youngest asked to do that today.

Otherwise nothing much planned.  Happy birthday today to Planet Thanet.  Have a good one.

And everyone else, have a great day.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Beautiful day again in Ippy. Clear blue sky and warm by the looks of it. Not up yet because I am absolutely shattered with this moving milarky.

Oh such a short post when the norm seems to be very lengthy ones these days. :) Must try harder.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Had my one and only lie in for thiss weekend, looking out (and taking in the forecast) it is shaping up to be another fantastic spring day, wall to wall blue skies here and 10.6oC out in the shed already, can most certainly feel a walk coming on later today.

What ever you are all doing today, enjoy it and have fun doing it :good:

Posted

thanks alix

got a lot to do at home re the roof damage received

so v happy re the dry weather Posted ImagePosted Image

heres the ecm ensembles

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

Posted Image

still got the drop around the 17th

and precip up as well gfs however looks a shade ott in my eyes

however a spread on the 16th means thats fi for now

I like the point that in the temps very are little at or below zero, even in the scatter, but as you say that is FI anyway (more rural here so expected a few more frosty dawns to come yet anyway).  Think I have used more electric last month into this one than any other month this winter.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Fantastic pics BJ Posted Image

Been out in the garden myself this morning and it is very warm out.  Liked the last pic (liked them all) most as our canine friends can be so photographic at times.

A few doors up I think they have the children playing in the paddling pool.

• Like 1

Posted

Trying to summon up the energy on this great day to do the washing up rather than just go out (well I need a clean cup in the morning for a cuppa, that may swing it)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

40th birthday party last night - not mine - means I'm a bit under the weather today. I must get out and enjoy the sunshine, rather than stew at home. Whether it'll involve a hair of the dog, followed by watching rugby later, I'm not sure yet. :unsure:

• Like 5

Posted

Done the first bit of proper gardening this year, think this is the earliest yet for me, so warm out, still not a cloud to be seen, oh I so hope this continues into summer and through to autumn, that would make for a great year I think.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

18c being breached in places!

To think this time last year we were witnessing windchills of down to -15 is absolutely bonkers! Just shows you how much of a stark contrast March can bring!

• Like 1