Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hi guys, that star near the Moon was Aldebaran. Capella is way off the ecliptic and can never be that close to it- Aldebaran is a bit fainter than Capella but it's still first magnitude. 

Easy way to check is to find Orion- following the line of the belt up and to the right leads more or less to Aldebaran. Also to double check you should see the Pleiades just to the right of it. Aldebaran and Betelgeuse (top left star of Orion) set at roughly the same time while Capella doesn't set at all.

The first-magnitude stars that can be near the Moon: Aldebaran, Pollux, Regulus, Spica, Antares

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Looking dull and cloudy out and can see the trees are a bit active so can see there is a bit of a breeze, not cold though, already 7.9oC in the shed and BBC weather talking of the possible high of 18oC this weekend.

BJ, I never really noticed my post count till you mentioned it, seems I talk too much then? :lol:

CK, good news on the missus Posted Image

All quiet here on the work front, so quiet I have already done the first load of washing, waiting till nine to run the vacuum round as I know next door has been working nights recently so this will give them a chance to get a few hours kip before I make too much noise.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny and clear skies currently after a misty start. Wind from the south-east slightly taking the edge off the temperature.

Edited by Kent Snow
  • Like 1

Posted

Very quiet in here today.

Washing out, bins done, vacuum done downstairs and even washed the path at the back of the house ( a winter a green had built up on it ), sun is showing its hand at last here too.

Morning all,Yes, it is a shame Andrea (snowlady) has decided to leave. I have no idea what last nights post was about but it seems there is some nastiness going on behind the scenes. It's a shame as I think as a whole this forum and especially this regional thread is a friendly place to be!

A great shame considering all the support that snowlady received over the past couple of months. My eyes have been opened to some of the things that have been going on over the past months when I thought we were here to talk about the weather, such a shame.

My temperature here is on the way up and showing 13.5c, plus the sun has appeared.

• Like 2

Posted

A great shame considering all the support that snowlady received over the past couple of months. My eyes have been opened to some of the things that have been going on over the past months when I thought we were here to talk about the weather, such a shame.

My temperature here is on the way up and showing 13.5c, plus the sun has appeared.

Anyone actually know the reason? Then again that is not my business but the fact it is happening is never good, I just hope she remains well and happy and makes a return soon.

Warming up here too now the sun is out, we are entering double digit temps now.

Posted

Very quiet in here today.

Washing out, bins done, vacuum done downstairs and even washed the path at the back of the house ( a winter a green had built up on it ), sun is showing its hand at last here too.

Pop round to mine and do the same please :)I'm off to have a garden day. Much more interesting clearing up and pottering out there than doing chores inside, especially as it's dry and sort of warm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Is the sun out where you are Chris? Still grey and cloudy here with quite a fresh Southerly blowing. 

Indeed it is a real shame to see some members leaving for reasons that could be helped and should not be flaring up in the first place. Everyone who is into weather has the same rights as each and every person to be here and discuss it, meet new people and make good friends :) 

To have a site, where on a big storm day everyone is out hunting for them and radar tracking etc, it really is the best thing I could ever want in my spare time to come on here and see what exactly is happening and get great ideas, and use netweather as a useful storm chasing tool !

So to anyone who is thinking they are of no use on here and looked down on, please just take no notice at all, because you very much are welcomed here by everyone :D and we all appreciate every second you put in being a member here. 

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the sun to get his hat on, and to see the Gooners turn Everton over :p 

Hope everyone has a perfect, warm and sunny weekend :)

• Like 6

Posted

Pop round to mine and do the same please Posted Image

I'm off to have a garden day. Much more interesting clearing up and pottering out there than doing chores inside, especially as it's dry and sort of warm.

Only if you pop round mine and try and fix the garden for me then :)

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning everyone. The sun is really struggling to break through a layer of fairly thin cloud so it's brightish and breezy here. Sorry to see SnowLady going, pleased to hear about CK's wife and good luck for tomorrow CK.

miss shifts sooo much. was 4 on/4 off and saw my kids so much on that pattern. more than most working parents do. often heard comments as to whether i actually went to work or not in the playground. two 12 hour days followed by two 12 hour nights was perferct. especially in the summer. some summer holidays i only needed to take 4 days leave and would be home for ages. just working my nights. there is no better shift pattern thean 4 on/4 off Posted Image

All in all I worked shifts for 20 odd years, most recently up until last February when I lost my job. Without a doubt the 4 on 4 off was the best by a country mile. Incredibly the guys in my last job voted against it as an option to the appalling shift pattern they were working. I never could understand that decision.

Have a nice weekend.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Nothing like a bit of gardening to clear up the hangover! I've got cuts all over me from the rose bush monster though :)

Seems to have become a touch breezier out so doesn't feel as warm as a few hours ago... just waiting for the sun to poke it's head out! Decided to check the state of the BBQ as we've decided to have one tomorrow and oh my god it's covered in mould and is vile! Obviously wasn't cleaned last time it was used many many months ago :( Got the old jet wash on it and it's fine now though :)

Have a good weekend all!

Posted

lovely out in SE18. took dog out and gave him a groom. wind is slight and a bit chilly in it, but sun is warm out of the wind. 16.2 on my weather staion :)

'noon all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Winter keeps showing up in the GFS, with a block in the atlantic and cold northerly winds. It could be out first snow of the winter. LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Winter keeps showing up in the GFS, with a block in the atlantic and cold northerly winds. It could be out first snow of the winter. LOL

Oh, I really, really hope not! It's so beautifully spring-like atm, I've packed all the winter coats and jumpers away... Come next October I will be as keen as anyone to see snow but what I want now (and what we all need) are SUNSHINE and WARMTH!

• Like 2

Is the sun out where you are Chris? Still grey and cloudy here with quite a fresh Southerly blowing. 

Indeed it is a real shame to see some members leaving for reasons that could be helped and should not be flaring up in the first place. Everyone who is into weather has the same rights as each and every person to be here and discuss it, meet new people and make good friends Posted Image

To have a site, where on a big storm day everyone is out hunting for them and radar tracking etc, it really is the best thing I could ever want in my spare time to come on here and see what exactly is happening and get great ideas, and use netweather as a useful storm chasing tool !

So to anyone who is thinking they are of no use on here and looked down on, please just take no notice at all, because you very much are welcomed here by everyone Posted Image and we all appreciate every second you put in being a member here. 

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the sun to get his hat on, and to see the Gooners turn Everton over Posted Image

Hope everyone has a perfect, warm and sunny weekend Posted Image

Yes it's been a really lovely day with the sun out and a temperature up at 16.5c, funny how there can be variations in different places.  Well the grass has had a very high cut and the garden dug around, two cars washed and I'm ................... tired.

EE, your comments are 100% on, I wonder if spring will spring a surprise and suddenly go into a cold spell after this nice mild period remember years gone by when the nights get lighter and it was cold outside.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh, I really, really hope not! It's so beautifully spring-like atm, I've packed all the winter coats and jumpers away... Come next October I will be as keen as anyone to see snow but what I want now (and what we all need) are SUNSHINE and WARMTH!

Let's hope the GFS is throwing a wobbly and starts to behave itself. It has dumped this cold spell 2 times, but it keeps bringing it back too, for around the 20th of March.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Let's hope the GFS is throwing a wobbly and starts to behave itself. It has dumped this cold spell 2 times, but it keeps bringing it back too, for around the 20th of March.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

well the notion of a white Easter has been said before. and last year we had cold right up to April. so who knows? maybe we could still get a blast of winter before spring really arrives :unknw: mind you, the sun is quite strong now, so any snow would not last, i imagine.... then again; i am no expert Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted

Given that Easter is on 20 April this year, a white one would be something to worry about!

• Like 3

Posted

well the notion of a white Easter has been said before. and last year we had cold right up to April. so who knows? maybe we could still get a blast of winter before spring really arrives Posted Image mind you, the sun is quite strong now, so any snow would not last, i imagine.... then again; i am no expert Posted Image

I wonder whether the March sun will help beef up any potential snow showers and help them build inland too and not just on the coasts?

Posted

Hope you guys down there get some decent Temps over the next few days, still pretty chilly by day & especially night up here. 

Tommorrow is suppose to be even warmer here in london, our nights haven't been too bad recently , quite mild.

• Like 1