Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Posted Image if you do stay away (for a while, please take care and return when happy)

Warm evening here, not really able to find anything of interest to watch on the TV (nothing new there) so now dinner is done thought I would return back here and see what is happening.

Nice weekend coming up for drawing outside jax, that's what we did in my art degree when it was sunny. We drew landscapes etc, still 10.4c here btw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

post-10773-0-80316700-1394225210_thumb.j

Lydia, a satellite-tagged 15ft, 2,000lb great white, is currently 1,000 miles from the coast of Cornwall and Ireland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2575601/Is-great-white-shark-heading-BRITAIN-Killer-fish-spotted-just-1-000-miles-Cornish-coast-arrive-3-DAYS.html

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Nice weekend coming up for drawing outside jax, that's what we did in my art degree when it was sunny. We drew landscapes etc, still 10.4c here btw.

Sadly working tomorrow and leaves only one day (Sunday) for everything else, so would be a bit of a squeeze this weekend to fit it all in.

Posted

monday

Posted Image

a very weak north east flow

we will see cloudcover and sunny spells

misty early clearing around lunchtime

temps

Posted Image

a bit cooler around 14 degrees

maybe tagged down slightly east coastal regions

rain

Posted Image

a tiny chance some light showers the far north of the region

but very slim

other than that dry Posted Image

back later with the rest

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted

'ning all :)

last dog walk of the day and a dry cool one. ground firm for first time in ages and temps ok. i went past two billboards on the way home tonight. the video ones with temp and time in the bottom corner. one showed 18C and the other 17C so i reckon it was about 17C this afternon in London, if they are accurate. :unknwn:

MK, i have sent a warning out to the Cotswolds before you arrive there to warn them they have a intruder whose weather mad in their midst :lol:

hope all are well :D

• Like 4

Posted

bored, bored, bored.

hungry too... could do with some food as well :)

whats everyone eating tonight? i've got some fish and chips from last night in the frdge. just contemplating heating it up. but really fancy hot and spicy food intstead :)

down to 9C here and clear sky. there is a star very close to the moon and looks bright. was loooking out for the space station when walking dog, but not sure if its in view in my horizon. anyone know :unknwn: :)

• Like 1

Posted

Listening to JMJ on the ole player :)

Just looked out and it a cooling starry night, prep doen for my early start tomorrow for work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

bored, bored, bored.there is a star very close to the moon and looks bright.

Here you go MAF, your bright Star is below. I've no idea where the space station is though :-)http://earthsky.org/tonight

Posted

bored, bored, bored.hungry too... could do with some food as well :)whats everyone eating tonight? i've got some fish and chips from last night in the frdge. just contemplating heating it up. but really fancy hot and spicy food intstead :)down to 9C here and clear sky. there is a star very close to the moon and looks bright. was loooking out for the space station when walking dog, but not sure if its in view in my horizon. anyone know :unknwn: :)

Chilly here tonight - the temperature not dinner (chilli night was Tuesday) - put some curry sauce on your chips Mick !! I think that star might be Jupiter.... post-10773-0-18836600-1394230517_thumb.j.....make a wish anyway, you never know it might work :-) Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Listening to JMJ on the ole player Posted Image

Just looked out and it a cooling starry night, prep doen for my early start tomorrow for work.

now i'm not working shift, i'm glad i dont have to get up at 0430 in the morning anymore. trouble is, i cant manage to get up at 0630 these days! poor doggy :lol:

Posted

thanks. am wishing right now. but knowing my luck it will end up been a reverse of my wish and i will end up been stuck with she who must be disobeyed for life :o

Posted

now i'm not working shift, i'm glad i dont have to get up at 0430 in the morning anymore. trouble is, i cant manage to get up at 0630 these days! poor doggy Posted Image

lazy so and so :p

I find I still get up early even on days off now. (Do not miss shifts at all I must admit)

Posted

bored, bored, bored.

hungry too... could do with some food as well Posted Image

whats everyone eating tonight? i've got some fish and chips from last night in the frdge. just contemplating heating it up. but really fancy hot and spicy food intstead Posted Image

down to 9C here and clear sky. there is a star very close to the moon and looks bright. was loooking out for the space station when walking dog, but not sure if its in view in my horizon. anyone know :unknwn: Posted Image

http://www.heavens-above.com/

If you input your location, this will tell you when and where it's around.

Posted

lazy so and so Posted Image

I find I still get up early even on days off now. (Do not miss shifts at all I must admit)

miss shifts sooo much. was 4 on/4 off and saw my kids so much on that pattern. more than most working parents do. often heard comments as to whether i actually went to work or not in the playground. two 12 hour days followed by two 12 hour nights was perferct. especially in the summer. some summer holidays i only needed to take 4 days leave and would be home for ages. just working my nights. there is no better shift pattern thean 4 on/4 off Posted Image

http://www.heavens-above.com/

If you input your location, this will tell you when and where it's around.

why thank you Posted Image

dog walking in the dark is ok for me, as i see so much of the sky. but never know more than Orions belt and wonder what else i'm looking at Posted Image

thanks CR Posted Image

Edited by MAF

Posted

dog walking in the dark is ok for me, as i see so much of the sky. but never know more than Orions belt and wonder what else i'm looking at

Sky map is a brilliant app - just point the iPad or iPhone at the sky and it tells you what your looking at !!https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sky-map/id536492883?mt=8 Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Sky map is a brilliant app - just point the iPad or iPhone at the sky and it tells you what your looking at !!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sky-map/id536492883?mt=8

unfortunately i dont do apple. am an android user. but even so. my lousy samsung doest let me add apps as i have no memory on the phone to add any more than BBC news, weather, Banking and all the other crap that i cant remove unless i root the memory and risk turning the phone into a brick Posted Image

still, never mind. its a phone, it does txt and i can talk on it. take photos too. i mean, what more does "billy no mates" need??? Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hi all hope your all okI have taken the decision to leave for a while due to family health issues also can't cope with a few 2 faced ppl in here and felt I was being used ! Anyway wish you all the best one and all have a fab summer and I hope to pop back in the winter x

I understand SL Gutted though...Your post's will be missed...

• Like 2

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

a chilly easterly flow

dry

but cloudy

temps

Posted Image

around 10-12 degrees

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cold tuesday night

wednesday

Posted Image

a chilly easterly flow

cloud but more sunny spells likely

dry

temps

Posted Image

around 12-14 degrees

slight differences at 120 between ukmo and fax so no point looking further

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

bored, bored, bored.

hungry too... could do with some food as well Posted Image

whats everyone eating tonight? i've got some fish and chips from last night in the frdge. just contemplating heating it up. but really fancy hot and spicy food intstead Posted Image

down to 9C here and clear sky. there is a star very close to the moon and looks bright. was loooking out for the space station when walking dog, but not sure if its in view in my horizon. anyone know :unknwn: Posted Image

We had Spag Bol. My husband's turn to cook.

But the worst is that we ran out of maple syrup on Tuesday and forgot to get any when we went shopping on Wednesday (we live miles from anywhere and have to limit our shopping to once a week). So I've gone 4 days without my maple syrup, bacon and eggs waffles. We bought this waffle iron a month ago and have them every morning and sometimes for supper with ice cream. So yummy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

unfortunately i dont do apple. am an android user. but even so. my lousy samsung doest let me add apps as i have no memory on the phone to add any more than BBC news, weather, Banking and all the other crap that i cant remove unless i root the memory and risk turning the phone into a brick Posted Image

still, never mind. its a phone, it does txt and i can talk on it. take photos too. i mean, what more does "billy no mates" need??? Posted Image

In that case, try installing Stellarium on your computer... you can do a replay and at the time you posted, the nearest bright star to the moon was Capella if it's the one above and West of the moon, Jupiter has been well to the East of the moon for most of this evening.

post-8078-0-78967600-1394238406_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

still got that drop on the 17th still

dry up to then

however we now have a spread on the 15th so got to call that fi now

i can do a ramp chart again either way tonight

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=0&mode=0&carte=0

however have a look on the link above

plenty of variants there

i got to work saturday and sunday

phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

made a boo boo with that Posted ImagePosted Image

hope everyones ok

off to bed now

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

In that case, try installing Stellarium on your computer... you can do a replay and at the time you posted, the nearest bright star to the moon was Capella if it's the one above and West of the moon, Jupiter has been well to the East of the moon for most of this evening.

Yes, Aldebaran is a bright star, but not as bright as Capella. Aldebaran has a reddish tinge too, which should help to differentiate it. The map that was posted seemed to imply Aldebaran, but I can't check to see myself now. Although our street lights go out between midnight and 5 o'clock, it's currently cloudy here. :doh: I'm also thinking Aldebaran has probably set by now anyway.

I quite like looking at stars when travelling further south as well. In Lanzarote, Sirius was more prominent than here and sitting low in the southern sky, below it, was Canopus, the second brightest star after Sirius (obviously excluding the Sun!) When I've travelled to the southern hemisphere, I always try and spot the Southern Cross, Alpha Centauri and the Magellanic Clouds too. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Couldn't sleep BJ :-). Shame Snowlady has departed.

Morning all, hope everyone is fine, this dull slightly breezy morning. Today is our weekly shop, and we now got a 12 miles round trip to get our waitrose fix. Since they shut the Dartford branch we haven't done any shopping in Dartford town centre, such a shame as I can remember it being a lively, vibrant centre the heat of the community, now its a boarded up waste land, awaiting the arrival of the worse supermarket chain to deface both industry and the local area, yes Tescos are coming, such a shame they brought up the majority of an area of Dartford where the local traders undertook their daily trade over 10 years ago, the whole area was boarded up and basically died. What with bluewater, then I suppose the nickname should be dirty dead Dartford.

Talking off bluewater, guess where I'm going tonight, yep, but trying a new restaurant chain which I heard is reasonable, Browns, menu looked ok, and they meant to have pianist twinkiing away in the corner, I can pretend that I on a cruise, not in the middle of a shopping centre :-). Main reason I want to go is to replenish my book supply, somehow I'm down to my last one, mind you think its going to be a slow read as its about Arnhem and its very technical, brought it because my twin cousins feature in it quiet a bit, so looking forward to reading their exploits, in such a famous battle.

Oh just a quick update from my unpleasant post a few weeks ago about the wife's bowel cancer test, pleased to say everything is normal, which is a relief, still I suggested she continues to practice her slip fielding until the next test in 2years :-).

Have a great day everyone, I won't be doing any shouting or singing today, as I got to save my voice for tomorrow, unfortunately (or fortunately) due to the early kick off I won't be about tomorrow, but no doubt you will be able to tell my mood by the result.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8