Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

15.3C. Lovely. And, hpefully, a sign of things to come...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Fantastic weather in Reigate now.  Warm sunshine, a few clouds around, currently a fabulous 16.3c according to the RGS weather station. I am slightly embarrassed to say that I have just found online a sound effect of an old hand-pushed lawnmower, put it through the speakers on a volume that made it sound it was about 2 streets away, and just sat and listened and went back in time to early childhood and my Dad pushing his with me trying to do the same when he let me have a go. 

(Mind you, if it gets really hot I've found the sound of cicadas that I can play really loudly out of the french windows, which could cause some alarm to the neighbours!)

AS

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all on what has turned into a fantastic warm, sunny and dry afternoon after a damp start this morning, 15.3oC in the shed right now.

Things weatehr wise are looking good here on out, very good indeed.

Welcome to Spring my friends Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Brilliant Steve, puts mine to shame  Posted Image Dont think I will post them now. Lovely pics.

No, post them. Posted Image It's always nice to see what people have experienced in their area, imho.

My camera is a digital SLR, with options to control lots of things, so it gives a definite advantage over camera phones etc.

• Like 3

Posted

No, post them. Posted Image It's always nice to see what people have experienced in their area, imho.

My camera is a digital SLR, with options to control lots of things, so it gives a definite advantage over camera phones etc.

Indeed, post pics, however you take them, I take most of  mine mainly on the phone too.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 3

Posted

A very decent afternoon here and it looks like we've a pretty nice weekend coming up.

I must admit to being a bit nervous of next week's high. If it positions to our north and causes an easterly onshore drift, we can suffer a lot with North Sea murk at this time of year, while the west and north of the UK have great weather. :unsure: I'm hoping for the sunny days and clear, although chilly, nights option myself. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Just been out to the car and it is still T-shirt weather out, fan-bloody-tastic stuff if you ask me :)

Posted

Just been out to the car and it is still T-shirt weather out, fan-bloody-tastic stuff if you ask me Posted Image

I'm already looking forward to Sunday and temperatures in the late teens.  To feel some lovely spring warmth after the horrible winter we have had will be lovely! 

Have a lovely weekend everyone - I'm leaving work for home now - couldn't have come quick enough! Posted Image

SR

• Like 4

Posted

Enjoy your weekend SR :) , I have one more day to go before a full day off and then the return, but it is from home so not all bad.

• Like 1

Posted

They are just superb Steve, exactly as I viewed it from the car this morning, something very primeval about sunrise/sunset, hope you enjoyed your holiday!

The warm weather has certainly arrived this afternoon with the sunshine, 15.5c here but I see some places have broken 16cPosted Image

Yes, apparently 17C at Kew Gardens. :) 

The first warmish day of Spring is one of my weather pleasures.

Posted

May I be the first to offer a spring streak naked through the forum...

Not sure if it's quite that warm yet. You'll be lespetitsbabybels. Anyway, remember what happened last time.

Only got to 13.2c here today, though it was pleasant enough once the clouds cleared early afternoon. Completely clear now, so I'm hoping for better things tomorrow. Several fallen trees need to be dealt with and mrs stun12 has a record-breaking purchase of summer bulbs and tubers which need to be planted at some stage. The pound shop has a lot to answer for...highly expert at buying them, she is. The actual positioning in the ground, not so good.

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

mmmmmmmmmmmm

at least thats dry to the 16th

still got that drop 17th on though

stayed dry but a lot of cloud today

will update the fax charts soon

hope your all well

johnPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, after a cloudy morning the sun came out and it was really pleasant on the drive home, really feels like spring now.

Glad to see that the weekend looks fine and warm too, might crack out just a T-shirt this weekend Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

A beautiful mellow afternoon to take stock of the garden........washing is on the line for the first time this year...and my Camelia has developed it's first full saucer-shaped cerise-pink bloom.Despite the incessant squirrel activity and waterlogged ground.....a small number of crocuses, miniature daffs and snowdrops have survived and poked their heads up.....just waiting fior the wood anemones and bluebells to now appear on the banks of the stream which will be early I think?Sadly my 3 areas of lawn (now complete moss blankets) are exceptionally and (somewhat) unexpectedly  "very squidgy" and "very squelchy" ....even in the higher areas  where they really shouldn't  be..NO MORE RAIN PLEASE! xxxxPS Piggie dating really does work! Tonight Ginger piggie is happily snuggled with his new young wifey Tabitha today....I'm amazed at the positive difference in his behaviour.... and she is is so supportive of him already..Spring is in the air - Ain't love grand....even with septagenerian guinea-pigs!xxx

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 4

Posted

tonight

dry and chilly

not cold

watch for mist and fog overnight and early morning

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak mainly southerly flow

dry

maybe a shade cloudy due to the warm front on the fax

temps

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak southerly flow

rain = none

temps

maybe again a shade chilly but no frost

watch for fog and mist again mainly southern regions but not exclusively

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

again a weak southerly flow

rain

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

16-18 degrees

and feeling nicer as more sun too Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will update the rest later

john Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all...

Quick iPhone update.... I had to take it to the apple shop to get fixed. Blamed it on my 6 year old though... Ha

Lovely day here today. Personally I think this has been the warmest day so far - baring the groggy start.

Sunday looks great. Think I'm going to suggest mrs LeighD a trip to Brighton. The children can have fun on the rides etc, then we can finish off the day with fish and chips on the pebble beach... Anyone from around the area recommend a good chip shop?

Have a good one guys. I'm off down the pub for a few cheeky ones ;-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Greetings All..Well what a fandabbydozy afternoon it turned out to be, A little warmth and sunshine makes the world of difference,Weekend looking very nice to. Large North and South split in temps ranges today.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Anyone from around the area recommend a good chip shop?

Hi Leigh, Harry Ramsdens is the best place on the seafront, near the Palace Pier, fair prices for the quality. Or there is a fish and chip shop under the arches down the stairs to the left of the pier, though not as good quality/quantity, but okay if you just want a quick supper on the beach. Or if you decide against fish and chips, I would go to Bill's a unique little place to eat about 10 minute walk from the front, just past the Pavillion. If you are coming by car, you could travel along to the Marina, they have a selection of restaurants including a fish restaurant with nice views and free parking. Links below enjoy your day :-)http://www.harryramsdens.co.uk/england/brighton & http://bills-website.co.uk/restaurants/brighton/ & http://www.brightonmarina.co.uk/eat-and-drink/the-brasserie-fish-grill.aspx Edited by Alixzandra
  • Like 2

Hi all hope your all ok

I have taken the decision to leave for a while due to family health issues also can't cope with a few 2 faced ppl in here and felt I was being used ! Anyway wish you all the best one and all have a fab summer and I hope to pop back in the winter x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Last part of

Ian Currie's month by month Surrey weather forecast for 2014

OCTOBER

October looks set to have some long dry spells. Perhaps the end of September and during this month is the time for a late holiday as by day there will be plenty of sunshine. The thermometer should exceed 21C or higher on some occasions. Towards the end of the month, with clear skies and dry ground, some grass frost may occur so gardeners beware and take care of any tender plants.

NOVEMBER

November will be dry at first and the frost threat of October will continue with most of the rain coming later on in the month. The temperature will be a degree or so below par. Some snow is likely in northern areas later in the month.

DECEMBER

December will see a return of the rain in what will be an unsettled month. Overall, the temperature will be about par with alternating cold and mild spells of weather but rainfall will be about 20 per cent above par. There is a slightly greater chance of a white Christmas. The last occasion when thick snow fell widely on Christmas day in Surrey was 1970.

So, overall, it will be a year that will be slightly below par for temperature and around 10 per cent above average for rain.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi all hope your all ok

I have taken the decision to leave for a while due to family health issues also can't cope with a few 2 faced ppl in here and felt I was being used ! Anyway wish you all the best one and all have a fab summer and I hope to pop back in the winter x

Very sorry to hear that SL.  Posted Image

Posted

Hi all hope your all okI have taken the decision to leave for a while due to family health issues also can't cope with a few 2 faced ppl in here and felt I was being used ! Anyway wish you all the best one and all have a fab summer and I hope to pop back in the winter x

:( if you do stay away (for a while, please take care and return when happy)

Warm evening here, not really able to find anything of interest to watch on the TV (nothing new there) so now dinner is done thought I would return back here and see what is happening.