Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

All this sun keeps me wanting more. So I just booked a holiday to Ibiza for me, mrs LeighD and the boys for two weeks in August. Can't wait to tell them in the morning.

Right, that's me done for the night. I now very tired and skint..... Haha

Goodnight all.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good evening all. Some cracking photo's from Bjay in his earlier post. Thanks for sharing them.

Well yeeeeha. This afternoon  I finally made it beyond my front door, into my car and as far as Eastcote this afternoon. A round trip of about 8 miles but it felt like an epic adventure into the unknown. A stark contrast to my globe trotting days of yore, but a step forward nonetheless. I'm happy about that.

I was only out for an hour or so but it was long enough to remind me of how cold it can still be in the wind, but how warm it can feel in a sheltered sunny spot. I know which I prefer. Fingers crossed for the weekend.

Hope you have all had a good day. Posted Image

excellent you finally managed to get out BB. Glad you enjoyed the little road trip.

Right, I'm really off to bed now...

Night all.... Again

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Has Leigh D gone yet ? :lol:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

must go bed

night all :)

Posted

Morning all, think its dry and partially cloudy out there today.

More fun this great POETS day, some serious designing to do, there's a serious problem with the building on this project, which is giving me a right head ache, whilst I have come up with a conceptual design, I can't seem to be able to connect all the pieces, really is frustrating but hopefully in a few weeks will get there. Might help if the drawing we are working to where correct :-). Only trouble is that when I'm in designer mode then I turn my hearing off and I become very blinkered, always upset her indoors, as I don't her what she says, classic example was a few years ago, when I was told to bring the washing in if it rained. Anyway I got locked away in the office, working away, when this drowned rat burges in swearing and cursing me. It wasn't my fault we had a thunderstorm and the washing was left out in it, also didn't help myself because apparently she been calling for me ages to go and help her. Could be interesting because my daughter has a dental appointment and nanny has agreed to look after our 2 year grand daughter, let's hope she not to inquisitive and find grandad office. Mind you grandad might have to come down for a play, great working from home sometimes.

Hope everyone fit and as well as can be expected, have a great day.

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful red clouds to east and west will post some pics later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, 8.50C this morning, so similar temperature to yesterday.  However, as I turned onto the east/west A414 racetrack *no, no silly woman, its west/east!  No wonder you have getting lost down to an art form* to drive into the sun, there was only the tiniest red smudge on the horizon and low grey cloud covering the remainder of the sky.  What a difference - can't believe how disappointed I felt.  Just want to crawl back into bed now.  Thank goodness its Friday....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy start to the day here, not long until the weekend now :)

Posted

Morning all!  It's cloudy here today.  Posted Image  But warm. 9.9c Posted Image

Happy Birthday today to NorthNorfolkWeather, I hope you have a smashing day. Posted Image

Today I have the Sky man coming. That is all.

Have a good day everyone! Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Speak of the devil....teeheePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by chilly milly
  • Like 1

Posted

When I did manage to get out for a bit this afternoon, I started getting 'sitting in the pub garden cravings' due to the sun and very mild warmth... Haha

I've been thinking more about the stuff we can all do in the summer, and sitting in a pub garden in the warmth of a summers evening is one of them...  until I remember that normally comes with being tormented by wasps and me running around pub gardens swatting my hands in panic trying not to scream!Posted Image

Not so nice out there this morning - cloudy and quite chilly.  Am looking forward to this weekend though, especially some nice warmth on Sunday.  Think a trip out to the Countryside is in order Posted Image

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 3

Posted

Cheers BJ, really looking forward to Sunday, already got my tickets (lucky as we sold out on Monday) so there be 5,500 Addicks descending upon poor old Sheffield, police are being their normally welcoming selfs, they have started to build the barricades already, all police leave have been cancelled, just for us, obviously they are expecting it to turn nasty, which it could do, after all the thermos flask and tartan blankets can be used a weapons, honestly its Charlton going their, the most aggro I seen is if someone don't shake hands after the game. Problem is all football fans are tarred with the same brush, shame.

Think we will lose, but if we win, then Wembley here we come, a long with an extra £2million prize and TV money, we can do with it.

Clouded over now, after a nice start, design is ongoing, as are my drawings, grand daughter is keeping the wife out of mischief, and she has now learnt how to blow raspberries, bet naughty grandad will get a telling off for that :-) think I might call that 1 nil to the grand parents.

• Like 3

Posted

Hi Chilly, thanks for the Birthday greeting (another year gone in a flash)

Well, the temp is 10.5 and it's raining.....

Looks like about 45-60 minutes worth on the radar.

So work this morning :-)  be OK by lunch

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

This morning’s light and patchy rain should be the last precipitation for at least a week for many of us in this region, it seems to be clearing here already and the sun is trying to poke through the cloud..

post-10773-0-83798600-1394188855_thumb.p

I personally can’t wait for the weekend and the warm, dry and sunny weather to go with it, temperatures will still be low at night though with clear skies bringing the risk of some frost and fog patches.

Images from the NMM model…..

post-10773-0-08383100-1394188897_thumb.p

Top left image - Saturday morning's minimum temperatures
Top middle - Sunday morning's minimum temperatures
Top right - Monday morning's minimum temperatures
Bottom left - Tuesday morning's minimum temperatures
Bottom middle - Wednesday morning's minimum temperatures
Bottom right - Thursday morning's minimum temperatures

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Cheers BJ, really looking forward to Sunday, already got my tickets (lucky as we sold out on Monday) so there be 5,500 Addicks descending upon poor old Sheffield, police are being their normally welcoming selfs, they have started to build the barricades already, all police leave have been cancelled, just for us, obviously they are expecting it to turn nasty, which it could do, after all the thermos flask and tartan blankets can be used a weapons, honestly its Charlton going their, the most aggro I seen is if someone don't shake hands after the game. Problem is all football fans are tarred with the same brush, shame.Think we will lose, but if we win, then Wembley here we come, a long with an extra £2million prize and TV money, we can do with it.Clouded over now, after a nice start, design is ongoing, as are my drawings, grand daughter is keeping the wife out of mischief, and she has now learnt how to blow raspberries, bet naughty grandad will get a telling off for that :-) think I might call that 1 nil to the grand parents.

You really made me laugh with that bit about the thermos flasks and tartan blankets - we used to go and see Charlton when we lived in South East London - went quite a few times and only ever once heard anyone chant anything really nasty (and then it was only a few expletives, which frankly were fully justified) - and when he saw there was a 'lady' (i.e. me) standing behind him, he turned round and apologised profusely for swearing! Charlton fans are lovely!

OT, sorry - it's a bit of a miserable, grey day here - am looking forward to the weekend!

• Like 2

Posted

Hello all

Like a warm start, low energy lightbulb that someone has tumed on without my realising, the increased brightness has just made me look up from the paperwork in which I am immersed to realise that ever so slowly the sun has come out, and that the childish pink of the blossom that is just dusting the Purple Plum is now backlit and papery, and full of gentle Spring hope.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Morning all, think its dry and partially cloudy out there today.More fun this great POETS day, some serious designing to do, there's a serious problem with the building on this project, which is giving me a right head ache, whilst I have come up with a conceptual design, I can't seem to be able to connect all the pieces, really is frustrating but hopefully in a few weeks will get there. Might help if the drawing we are working to where correct :-). Only trouble is that when I'm in designer mode then I turn my hearing off and I become very blinkered, always upset her indoors, as I don't her what she says, classic example was a few years ago, when I was told to bring the washing in if it rained. Anyway I got locked away in the office, working away, when this drowned rat burges in swearing and cursing me. It wasn't my fault we had a thunderstorm and the washing was left out in it, also didn't help myself because apparently she been calling for me ages to go and help her. Could be interesting because my daughter has a dental appointment and nanny has agreed to look after our 2 year grand daughter, let's hope she not to inquisitive and find grandad office. Mind you grandad might have to come down for a play, great working from home sometimes.Hope everyone fit and as well as can be expected, have a great day.

CK you have so much in common with me I sometimes think that I am two people on seperate plains!

I am a little hard of hearing, and it seems to be getting worse lately. Sometimes I try to "tune off" and nod or say yes or no or "oh dear" hopefully in the right places, but sometimes I become  unstuck by making the wrong response to "her indoors" and that is when she goes off on one.

Another word of advice NEVER try to be humorous at your beloved's expence. I tried it once and only once! We were attending a friends 60th birthday party and we were introduced to a lady a bit older than us who we had never met before. The conversation went on to what we had done with our lives and she told us when she was young she was very much into dancing and had been one of the famous Tiller Girls. I chirped up trying to be funny "My wife was a Tiller" and she said "was she?", to which I repled "Yes- Atilla The Hun". Well it went down like a lead balloon and I got the cold shoulder treatment for the rest of the evening and the hairdryer treatment on the way back home in the car" As the saying goes "Remember folks dont try this at home!"

On topic the weather is now showing signs of improvement in NW1 with the sun attempting to break through. As it was very warm yesterday lunchtime and in the train on my way home to Chelmo yesterday evening I decided to dispence with my overcoat for today and I really regretted it as it was cold walking to the station this morning and across the Olympic Park to a meeting at the Stadium Site Offices. On the way back to Pudding Mill Lane DLR station there was drizzle in the air and quite a pronounced breeze on the elevated section of the Greenway. Hopefully it will feel warming on the journey home this evening.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Afternoon all. Posted Image

As others have said, we had a gorgeous deep red sunrise this morning, mostly caused by altocumulus cloud.

I was watching the cloud graphics on the BBC1 forecast yesterday evening, so could see the potential.

Posted Image07-03-14a.jpgPosted Image07-03-14b.jpgPosted Image07-03-14c.jpgPosted Image07-03-14d.jpg

Steve those photos are stunning.  Lucky you and thank you for sharing them - it has lifted my spirits!  In fact they made me look out of the window for the first time since 7:10 when I got to my desk. I note the sky is now mostly clear and the sun is out.  Still looks breezy but I will pop out for a quick walk around the green areas in the centre of WGC. Thanks Steve :) 

• Like 3

Posted

Really lovely pictures there Steve - I love sunset and sunrise and the colours it creates.

Just come back from lunch - so pleased I went out to get some fresh air (as I am in the windowless office today) - I came into work and it was cloudy and cold.  I fully expected it to still be like that when I went for lunch and it's actually sunny and pleasantly warm in the sunshine.  Lovely jubbly!

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Woo hoo Posted Image

…… it’s Friday its 2 O’clock and it’s POETS’s day….. the weather is looking good for the weekend, it’s already 15.2 Â°C here since the sky cleared and sun came out it’s been a lovely afternoon Posted Image

Whatever plans you have for this weekend I hope you all get out and enjoy the fresh air and the spring sunshine…have a good one Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 9

Posted

Afternoon all. Posted Image

As others have said, we had a gorgeous deep red sunrise this morning, mostly caused by altocumulus cloud.

I was watching the cloud graphics on the BBC1 forecast yesterday evening, so could see the potential.

Posted Image07-03-14a.jpgPosted Image07-03-14b.jpgPosted Image07-03-14c.jpgPosted Image07-03-14d.jpg

Brilliant Steve, puts mine to shame  Posted Image Dont think I will post them now. Lovely pics.

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1