Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Evening all. A really fab day here today. Had an early frost, which delayed the school run by 5 mins, whilst the car windows defrosted. It's actually really nice driving home from work in the daylight now. Went out running again tonight, as I do most nights, but on my cool down around 8.15 I could still hear the birds tweeting. Really looking forward to the longer daylight evenings, more sun and nice warm temps.I asked this the other night, but got no reply..... What's happend to Coast? Hope he is okay....

He's OK, just not on here any more.

Edit: Weather today in High Wycombe - not as warm or sunny as forecast. I was informed that the altocumulus perlucidus was not a commonly seen phenomenon.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's fit and well. Brilliant day yesterday, as good as I hoped for, don't know what the weather was like as I was stuck indoors in my office. You can do so much work when you work from home, my provisional design I came up with is one of my best, energy saving, environmentally friendly, and very expensive, so over the next few weeks will be trying to cut costs. Always amuses me how my clients come to us and say we must have a new refrigeration plant, the most important thing is that it must be environmentally friendly, you do the estimate and design, they say we haven't got that sort of money, so environmentally friendly goes out the window. To give you clue to what I am rabbiting on about yesterday design would say them 30% in running cost! but cost them 20% more to purchase (£1 million additional). It's their decision I happy to put in whatever my "green" client wants, in this case to be fair he will choose the green route and go for an option saving around 25% energy! that extra 5% is achievable but at vast costs.

Off to our Peterborough office today to waffle on about future sales and existing contracts, looks a great morning with blue sky's, and those noises birds, chirping away again. Have a great day and enjoy yourselves.

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

does the press have a way of buggering up the weather??

fax chart now shows a cold front running across us on sunday Posted ImagePosted Image

would be warm

Posted Image

That cold front is expected to weaken according to BBC John, cloud prob still an issue tho for a while :( 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, another bright start if a lot milder this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

At 22:00 last night it was still 8oC as I drove back home.  This morning at 06.40 there was no need for ice scraping, it being a balmy 6oC, rising to 7o by the time I got to WGC 20 mins later.  Partial high cloud with the enormous sun now higher and golden with the earlier sunrises.  Amazing being able to observe the transition from deep red to golden over this past week. 

• Like 3

Posted

Just driven home from work with my sunnies on,not bad as I had to wear them on the way to work yesterday,thats a first for a very long time,lovely and sunny.

Posted

Morning all

decided that as I had to drop the wife at the station early this morning I would find a spot to watch the sunrise, I chose Camer Park at Meopham.

Had all 45 acres of rolling parkland to myself, walked to the eastern boundary where there is a small wood and beyond a view east over rolling farmland. It’s still very boggy in places.

Posted Image6.3sr 003.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 007.JPG

As I stood waiting for the sun to appear I listened to the beautiful dawn chorus, the song thrush with its repeating note from the tallest trees, a skylark rising almost vertically from the field in front of me, its continuous call getting louder as it climbed high into the sky before parachuting back to earth.  My attention is suddenly drawn to the explosive burst of song from a tiny little wren in the undergrowth as well as the occasional pheasant call and the distant drumming of woodpeckers.

Doesn’t get any better than this, just needed AS to put it into verse!Posted Image

Sunrise was rather hampered by what looked like a bank of fog, probably where the sun was hitting the southern slopes of the North Downs

Posted Image6.3sr 026.JPG

but eventually the the sun peeked out  from it – Glorious.Posted Image

Posted Image6.3sr 033.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 044.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 045.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 047.JPG

Walking back I watched the suns rays invade and dance through the relative darkness of the woodland.

Posted Image6.3sr 050.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 052.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 053.JPG Posted Image6.3sr 054.JPG

As I neared the car, the sun and slight early morning chill led to some mist to hang around the trees.

Posted Image6.3sr 061.JPG

Hope you enjoyed my early morning stroll, refreshes the soul every now and then.

No frost this morning about 5c but another beautiful start to a hopefully beautiful day.Posted Image

What a great post Bjay, very uplifting, thanks!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Well, what can I say?  "Mother Nature, with this sunshine you are really spoiling us".  (A slight tweek on the infamous Ferrero Rocher 'Ambassadors Party' advert there!)

Another lovely sunny morning today - although slightly more cloud than yesterday.  Also a lot milder this morning too - no ice to scrape off the car today.

Have a good day Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Slightly overcast this morning with a light breeze feeling milder than recent mornings.

Channel 4 documentary ‘The Floods That Foiled New Year’ is on tonight (Thursday 6th March), at 9pm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull and overcast here and the weather's the same. :) Bloomin' awful night listening to cat's anguished yowling (they want to go home like I do) and me sleeping on sofa.'sigh'no..no..no! Back to Norwich ASAP.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 1

Posted

grey here this morning but not so cold,loved having some blue sky for a few days,fingers crossed for its return at the weekend.

temperatures rising and i have forgotten how lovely it is to take a walk in the sunshine regardless of the time of year.if i could keep my feet dry even better Posted Image 

very much looking forward to a warm dry sunny weekend Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning gang,

A lovely morning again but clouding over now......A nice weekend looms which will be lovely to take the kids out for a frolic in the sun (hopefully)......

• Like 1

Posted

Clear blue sunny skies and 12C in East Kent. Breezy southerly takin the edge slightly off the temperature but can't complain too much!

Posted

is there anyone there?? Posted Image

'noon all. looking like a bright end to the day here in St James. hoping to get home and walk the dog in some reasonable daylight. bus permitting.

quite in the thread today. reckon most people are enjoying the mild sunny day (and i wish i wasnt stuck in work so i could too) :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well, well been a bit of a dull and overcast day here all day, but not cold at all which is nice, it is trying to drizzle but it is nothing but spotting to be honest, back into double digit temp land at 10.2oC but more of a breeze today (no frost this morning).

Not entirely sure what tonights plans are yet, not got any reason to step out this evening, so may watch that floods program that is on later, and may have a whack at some more art as well.

keep well :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well, well been a bit of a dull and overcast day here all day, but not cold at all which is nice, it is trying to drizzle but it is nothing but spotting to be honest, back into double digit temp land at 10.2oC but more of a breeze today (no frost this morning).

Not entirely sure what tonights plans are yet, not got any reason to step out this evening, so may watch that floods program that is on later, and may have a whack at some more art as well.

keep well Posted Image

The GFS took a more unsettled turn earlier today, wonder how long the high will last for? The GFS was showing a northerly blast two days ago but that has gone. What level art are you doing, Alevel, degree etc?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

The GFS took a more unsettled turn earlier today, wonder how long the high will last for? The GFS was showing a northerly blast two days ago but that has gone. What level art are you doing, Alevel, degree etc?

Just my own self style and what I learn when I read about doing it or attending local classes (such as last night), it is not done art, I do my own art Posted Image, but do not get me wrong, I do study past art for guidance and to respect and admire it as well.

quick, weather stuff! did try to rain a while ago but that lasted all of a minute.

Ohh just seen on the news the Getty are releasing much of their image library for free (result!),reminded me of the getty in the USA, think I was there back in 2004 at the "The Getty", just west of LA SolCal USA, and if you ever get the chance, go!

Edited by Jax

Posted

From the met office UK Outlook for Tuesday 11 Mar 2014 to Thursday 20 Mar 2014:

Most areas fine through Tuesday and quite sunny, with unbroken sunshine for some. It may be cloudier in parts of southern England and northwest Scotland. Through the rest of the week, high pressure will dominate, with only northwest Scotland and perhaps western parts of Northern Ireland seeing occasional damp, windier weather, whilst elsewhere there will be a good deal of settled weather with some sunshine. Daytime temperatures probably above normal, but often chilly overnight with the risk of frost and fog. Towards next weekend and into the following week, it is likely to turn more changeable, especially in the north. Here, some heavy rain, hill snow and gales seem increasingly likely, and even in the south some cloudier, windier weather with occasional rain, with temperatures returning to normal.

Updated: 1208 on Thu 6 Mar 2014

Edited by lassie23

Posted

The weather outlook have snow flakes for me on the 19th & 21st.

Too late, don't want it now, I've got my dinner to grow.

Posted

The weather outlook have snow flakes for me on the 19th & 21st.

Too late, don't want it now, I've got my dinner to grow.

How accurate are their forecasts? I have snow with a temp of 4c on that day too.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

is there anyone there??

I'm here (now )...... you are probably right Mick everyone must be out and about enjoying the sunshine today like the squirrels in St James' park ..post-10773-0-55280700-1394128325_thumb.jAccording to the daily mail forecasters are predicting that much of southern England could bask in temperatures of up to 18C (62.6F) at the weekend....post-10773-0-90361500-1394128516_thumb.j... that's jinxed it then *rolls eyes*
  • Like 3

Posted

Congratulation bluebreezer54, the first steps are often the worse, hope your journeys become longer and more frequent,you certainly picked a great day and time of year for your journey.

Been a lovely day today, nice trip up to Peterborough and return, sun most the way, although there where a few spots of rain, meeting was promising and the work load looks like getting greater, look like we are going to be more successful, it's getting a bit beyond a joke, I suppose we got make hay whilst the sun shines, but the pressure on individuals and cash flow is starting to tell, think we might need to bring in some contract people to assist.

Have a good night everyone.

• Like 4