Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's well. Got woken up by birdsong this morning, which was pleasent but quiet unusual as we seemed to have lost most of the small birds since David Lloyds opened opposite us and the fast track bus service was put on. Let's hope the birds have decided to come back this spring. Cold and frosty this morning.

Got a good day today, one of my favourites, I'm working from home designing, love that, get the old brain cell working, make the house untidy with drawing scattered all over the house, wife gets upset because she can't stand anywhere, end up totally tired out, then tonight won't be able to sleep, as brain is to active. Already started designing when I was laying in bed, just thought of a serious problem, just got think of a solution. Properly will do some drawing work as well. My perfect day, so I wonder what's going to happen to spoil it :-).

Hope you all have a good a day as I got planned, enjoy yourselves, as I certainly am.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, two frosty mornings in a row, don't think we managed this all winter Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all!  It's frosssssty!  2.4c and a clear sky. Posted Image

Three birthdays today. So happy birthday to Scrat, Shotski and Masked_Firefly.  Hope you all have a great day! :D

Today is shopping day. That is all.  Wish I was doing drawings instead. :p

Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

0.5oC this morning as I de-iced the car again.  All ground surfaces looking even whiter than yesterday, with the purple and yellow crocuses contrasting cheerfully.  The countryside either side of the racetrack that is the A414 dual carriageway, in the early hours, and a bad tempered carpark as the commute gets into full swing, was serenely shrouded in a gentle pink tinged mist.  The sun, again, hanging reddish gold and low on the horizon caused me to create a touch of chaos at the big roundabout to the A1.   Ah well, just a few heart attacks to the other drivers - give me the sun any day! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I hope it moves to Saturday, I'm at my inlaws all day Sunday and I want to do some gardening.

Morning, two frosty mornings in a row, don't think we managed this all winter Posted Image

Morning all, bright and sunny here with last nights frost long gone Posted Image

post-10773-0-21774400-1394009874_thumb.p

‘High Pressure’, ‘Mild’ Air, ‘Settled’ conditions,,,,we haven’t heard words like that in a forecast for a while….it might not necessarily mean wall to wall sunshine and scorching temperatures  but dry with sunny spells will do me. Although daytime temperatures are going to be mild clear skies will mean night time temperatures will be low with the risk of frost….but then after all it is only March!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Another nice bright sunny day, and feeling warm. Hello spring.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Oh, what a beautiful morning... (breaks into song) - why couldn't it have been like this all winter? Looking out of the window all I can see is blue sky - the birds are singing their little hearts out - bliss. My twins turn 11 tomorrow - hopefully for once they will get sunshine on their birthday. Hope Bluebreezer manages to venture out today...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Beautiful morning all right, great to feel a bit of heat in the sun again and to be able to stay outdoors without a jacket. Delighted to have that winter out of the way

• Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon everybody, and what a beautiful start to the day it was for many of us. An early frost gave way to blue skies and bright sunshine here for much of the morning, but it has clouded over in the last hour or so.

Oh, what a beautiful morning... (breaks into song) - why couldn't it have been like this all winter? Looking out of the window all I can see is blue sky - the birds are singing their little hearts out - bliss. My twins turn 11 tomorrow - hopefully for once they will get sunshine on their birthday. Hope Bluebreezer manages to venture out today...

Birthday greetings to those celebrating theirs today, and here's hoping the sun shines on Kates twins tomorrow.

Unfortunately my plans to venture out today were foiled but I will make it one day.....I hope !!

I consoled myself by once again watching the Bognor Regis webcam, and for the first time since following it I witnessed the fishing boats on the beach returning from what I presume was a morning fishing trip. That's the first time I have actually seen them move from their usual spot higher up  the beach.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

I hope you are all having a good day, and looking forward to the prospects of a Spring like weekend according to the latest forecast.Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Just hit 1020mb here!

17.7mb change in the last 24hrs Posted Image

A very welcome change after weeks of lows….

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Met O showing the SE seeing 1020 + hPa and rising Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

cold and sunny start but clouding over from west now, making the surprisingly sharp early march sunshine turn very milky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. In middle of the move and its lovely and sunny here with blue sky and the odd fluffy cloud. My feet hurt and me old knees are about to conk out with lifting and carrying. :(

Ah well. ..soon be done.

Have a good day folks. :)

• Like 4

Posted

..defiantly a bird and not a plane Posted Image 

........seriously though it's some sort of bird of prey, if not a Buzzard then an Eagle or a Red Kite Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted

The wings were pretty big dont usually get stuff like that here.

Edited by Biggin

Posted

I suspect it's a Red Kite, they've been seen in Kent since about 2010:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2010/june/8/rare_red_kites_spotted.aspx

If it's an Eagle then it's seriously lost its bearings (or escaped from a zoo or handler!)

Glorious weather for spotting it, whatever it was.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

More local news Noggin. Flooding has peaked at Sparrows Den and a definite gradual receeding of the floodwaters, noticed on way through today.Tom.
  • Like 2

Posted

https://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/b/buzzard/index.aspx

What ever it was it's nice to see it soaring against a blue sky and obviously making the most of some thermals!

12 degrees C and high pressure of 1021.44 (Rising 0.27 mb/hr) here - wonderful Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

More local news Noggin. Flooding has peaked at Sparrows Den and a definite gradual receeding of the floodwaters, noticed on way through today.Tom.

Damn I meant to get some peak height pics, yours Noggin ;))

• Like 1

Posted

BB

I hope u have ppl around to help you get out maybe ?

Unfortunately not SL. Anyone want to buy a decent car that has done less than 100 miles in the last 10 months ?

Back on track and back to the weather, after a cloudy spell earlier the sun is doing it's best to break through again this afternoon and with a very light breeze it looks pleasant out there. Currently 12.3c. The hint of warmer temperatures at the weekend still looks quite promising. Fingers crossed Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Biggin,

Thats a Buzzard. According to the last census ( bird census) there are over 1000 pairs in Kent which I found hard to believe as well. I think the census was done in 2011 so probably more by now. Very common sight on the North Downs and along the M25 in Kent and A2.

Weather wise its lovely. Top temp for Sunday supposed to be 18c for London? Can this be true?

• Like 2