Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Hope to find you all well. Have not been on for a couple of weeks. I was away on holiday for the first week and have been sorting photos and making movies during my spare time in the second week!

Levi in Lapland was magical. Only had sun on one day, which made everywhere 'twinkle'! It snowed on and off for all of the other days. Highest temperature -1 and lowest -18!! A bit chilly...Piles upon piles of snow. A 'Winter Wonderland'. Such a stunning place..........No show of the Northern Lights.

It's rainy and windy here now. Oh the joys...........

• Like 5

Posted

looking at  my  rain  alarm  some very heavy rain heading our  way  in  the next few  hours

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Could this winter go out in a proper "bang"?

Surely you don't mean the S word, do you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I still only have shmizzle wizzle here MK

Posted Image

According to the MM convective forecast severe storms are very unlikely to develop due to a weak jet-stream and kinematic environment, but there is a risk of scattered thunderstorms and heavy showers during Monday. The main risk will be across Southern England, South West England, parts of Wales and the Midlands during the afternoon.

post-10773-0-99834400-1393791309_thumb.p

A combination of very low geo-potential thickness, colder air aloft and warmer mid levels will steepen lapse rates and this added to a few impulses of energy associated with an area of low pressure, will produce ideal conditions for a scattered heavy showers and a few pulse thunderstorms.

The main risk will be heavy downpours which will lead to the risk of surface water flooding; secondary risks will be hail, locally gusty winds and lightning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Sunshine?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Wet and errrr wet here really, bins out, birds cleaned, got a bit damp on my walk back from the next village (where I was fed and watered), ironing done whilst watching countryfile, another fantastic show from them again and the forecast shows spring promise by the end of the week W00T!

And more stuff I am randomly posting hidden in the same post,  anyone get the name of the farm and reserve in that show? I missed it (OK forgotten it already, getting old see).

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Evening everyone - I have just returned with my Tatcos ready meal and I can confirm it is very windy and wet..;....and cold

Afraid I've been MIA recently - stupidly took a look in the MAD thread in mid-February and have been convalescing ever since. I know, I know..... you warned me not to go there..... Posted Image 

Really pleased to hear your news Snowlady.......hope JennyJane is OK as she has been a bit MIA too recently?

Glad to see we've got some drier weather on the way - the company concerned have finally agreed to replace my "warped" flood doors under warranty Posted ImagePosted Image ......so I'm hoping tonight will be the last "Towel duty" in the utility room for a while.

Speaking of which - Surrey - hopefully the sand held back the floodwater and it si now receding?

And Mr Pike Sir- I do hope you're not still on saucepan duty?

xxx

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, fantastic weekend spent down in Benfleet, met a lot of my girlfriends relatives which was fun if a little nerve-wrecking. The weather has been good too, especially yesterday when we were in London. 

I hear some wild weather is coming, hopefully proper spring will arrive soon

• Like 3

Posted

I sure you are all on tender hooks wondering about how we got on today, Leeds castle was dressed for the wedding fair, and well organised, entrance was via a private entrance to a special car park, and transport was laid on from there to the castle. Tea and coffee with minor refreshment was laid on. We went to the Maiden's Tower first, don't know what you can say other than for us and our families the setting and arrangement where perfect, we will only be around 70 for the breakfast but around 15 of those will be under 9. The Maiden's Tower, has a fully walled private garden, which we will use for kids to play, apparently they will lay out large games for the kids. The ceremony takes place in a nice room overlooking the moat, and then you move into a dinning room to have the breakfast, moving back to the ceremonial room for the knees up and the evening hog roast. Above this are 5 bedrooms which come "free" with the wedding package.

So very impressed with the whole layout of the Maiden's Tower, that when we went at looked at the castle we where actually disappointed, it's was to Rampling and the kids would get lost going between the rooms which all where great but scattered around the castle.

Short chat, dates agreed and we are now going to our sons wedding in Leeds castle, funny enough feeling extremely proud, and very pleased that his and his future wife's dream wedding will be a reality, some compromises had to be made but that was only,the wedding will take place on a Thursday instead of there preferred day of Saturday, but that compromised allowed their dream to be fulfilled. A proud set mums and dads, just go to show that I'm an old softy at heart. Have a great night.

Blow it forgot in my excitement, the first rule of posting on netweather, the weather, its raining.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted

SUNSHINE Posted Image

Posted

I am sure it will be a fantastic day for all CK Posted Image

Above this are 5 bedrooms which come "free" with the wedding package.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Posted

SUNSHINE Posted Image

There  seems to be a warm settled spell heading our way Jax, we are going from a long autumn, straight  into spring with a brief hiccup when it snows in April.

Posted

There  seems to be a warm settled spell heading our way Jax, we are going from a long autumn, straight  into spring with a brief hiccup when it snows in April.

The do what now? they are still unsure for the end of next week, let alone April ( I hear she is good though) Posted Image

Edited by Jax

Posted

only if i blow a paper bag up and pop it :lol:

sorry Posted Image

still think theres a tiny bit of winter left, personally.

i remember going to Northwood in March last year and it was cold cold snowy and cold.

and there is always the notion of a "white Easter" :D

Posted

The do what now? they are still unsure for the end of next week, let alone April ( I hear she is good though) Posted Image

LOL, I'm sure it is guess work. We will see how good a guess it is.  Blocking over Greenland in April, what a waste.

Posted

slush....

puppy? Posted Image

LOL, There is a word that begins with S that best describes the winter we just had MAF. The rain is really coming down now in  London and it is very windy. 7.4c

Posted

LOL, There is a word that begins with S that best describes the winter we just had MAF. The rain is really coming down now in  London and it is very windy. 7.4c

yeah but lets face it. we'd only moan if it was bitter cold and a never ending load of snow .... not!

personally i really don't mind how this winter has gone so far. but thats probably because the worst i've experienced is getting soaked a few times. unlike those who've got months of recovering from floods. love winter/snow/cold/frost etc. but then i cant make it happen so accept what it gives :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Quite windy out there atm, Odd heavy shower as well. Better late than never I guess, Sorry Peeps here are the promised pics from early am today. 

Cheery Blossom River Japan.

Posted Image

Sea of Stars on Vaadhoo Island in the Maldives

Posted Image

A desert haboob approaches Phoenix, Arizona

Posted Image

Blue Dusk, Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany

Posted Image

One in a million image below. If only world leaders could behave like this.

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3

Posted

yeah but lets face it. we'd only moan if it was bitter cold and a never ending load of snow .... not!

personally i really don't mind how this winter has gone so far. but thats probably because the worst i've experienced is getting soaked a few times. unlike those who've got months of recovering from floods. love winter/snow/cold/frost etc. but then i cant make it happen so accept what it gives Posted Image

We got off lightly in London this winter and that includes the gales that caused damage, we are thankfully not under water

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

I, yes, I am the new weather God, bow down unto me!

I will bring in a Spring that has never Sprung before!

Daffodils in abundance! Primroses to make you weep!

Weather so balmy it will bring a tear to a potatoes eye!

Follow me weather citizens!

<runs off down the corridor in nowt but a stolen bath sheet - nobody follows, nobody is that stupid...>

You sniffing colloidal suspension particles LegrandeF?

I've just woken up in the garden in only a bath sheet...

Yup, thought so.

Heavy rain and wind this evening.  Miserable.  Looking forward to it warming up by the weekend.  LeGF can swop his sheet for a tea towel then....

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 1