Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

getting greyer and greyer here. rain not far off i suppose. chilly wind and 9C here.

and as i thought, spots of rain now... good job its not a few centuries back; i'd be called a witch for predicting rain soon :lol:

• Like 3

Posted

'noon all. well vacuuming done,

MAF, I'm not sure which impresses me more,  the fact that you have a well, or the fact that you vacuum it Posted Image

Drizzle has set in (can drizzle 'set in'?) and it is a bit bleak out.  The BBC forecast for the week ahead is suggesting a warm up at the weekend - here's hoping for an early taste of spring.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted

The towpath to Kingston is now completely free of floodwater, and seeing the still slightly raised water level makes you realise how incredibly high the river was during the flooding. Grey and drizzly now; might risk the park in the hope that the mud will be less and the need to clean the dog's paws and underbelly consequently reduced when we return.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Surrey, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Reading, Windsor and Maidenhead, Buckinghamshire & Slough

Heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms with hail will affect southern parts of England and Wales during Sunday night and Monday. Some of the showers will become aligned into bands producing longer spells of rain, with some snow possible over the higher ground of southwest England and south Wales.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel, primarily from localised surface water flooding.

Issued at:

1530 on Sun 2 Mar 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Mon 3 Mar 2014

Valid to:

1800 on Mon 3 Mar 2014

An area of low pressure will move southeast across southwest England during Monday morning, then eastwards towards the Isle of Wight in the afternoon. Bands of heavy showers, some with hail and thunder will develop in the circulation of the low, leading to some locally large rainfall totals (20-30 mm), whilst other places will see relatively small amounts of rain. The air will be cold enough for rain to turn to snow over the hills of southwest England and south Wales during Monday morning with some temporary accumulations of snow possible above 300-400 metres.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Just been outside to find a confused bumble bee bumbling about in the garden. Bless it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's turned very grey looking here and it's extremely windy. Could this be March coming in like the proverbial Lion? No rain though.....yet.

My painted walls look fab. Love, Leonard O Davinci. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Lol. Fair enough Jax but a brand new battery for the Ford Ka is widely available for less than 30 quid from a number of sources, including the likes of KwikFit. I drive an all singing, all dancing 2.4 Volvo which has just about every gadget you can imagine , and a brand new battery for that only set me back £65.

With all due respect do you not think you might be going for a false economy,  by draining every last drop out of your knackered old battery ?

I hope you don't take my post the wrong way, it is well intentioned.

Back to the weather, and it's now a grey old day here.

only good intention taken :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Surrey, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Reading, Windsor and Maidenhead, Buckinghamshire & SloughHeavy showers and isolated thunderstorms with hail will affect southern parts of England and Wales during Sunday night and Monday. Some of the showers will become aligned into bands producing longer spells of rain, with some snow possible over the higher ground of southwest England and south Wales.The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel, primarily from localised surface water flooding.Issued at:1530 on Sun 2 Mar 2014Valid from:0200 on Mon 3 Mar 2014Valid to:1800 on Mon 3 Mar 2014An area of low pressure will move southeast across southwest England during Monday morning, then eastwards towards the Isle of Wight in the afternoon. Bands of heavy showers, some with hail and thunder will develop in the circulation of the low, leading to some locally large rainfall totals (20-30 mm), whilst other places will see relatively small amounts of rain. The air will be cold enough for rain to turn to snow over the hills of southwest England and south Wales during Monday morning with some temporary accumulations of snow possible above 300-400 metres.

I still only have shmizzle wizzle here MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Just been outside to find a confused bumble bee bumbling about in the garden. Bless it.

It might sounds a tadge nuts, but the bumblebee might need alittle help - this link tells you what you can do, if you find a grounded Bee at this time of year. http://www.bumblebee.org/helpbees.htm#flyThe rain hasn't reached us thus far. Although as others are reporting, the gusts are getting more pronounced and prolonged. It is 8 degrees, although the wind chill is making it feel a lot colder.
  • Like 3

Posted

Possible squall line forming over the Channel Islands ??  I wouldn't rule out the odd rumble of thunder here in London and the South East overnight.

• Like 2

Posted

Hi all,

Not been a bad weekend weather wise although a tad chilly. It's so nice to see and hear that the flood water is receding from various parts of the region.

Bring on the warmth and sunshine Posted Image .

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Here cometh the rain. And my word....it's gusting out there. The lamp post is swaying. :O

I have a new pash. Watching YouTube videos of aeroplane cockpit views of landings and take-offs. Wonderfully exciting. Gives me goose bumps. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Possible squall line forming over the Channel Islands ??  I wouldn't rule out the odd rumble of thunder here in London and the South East overnight.

Hi, just a question, as I'm trying to learn abit more. Are you talking about the line forming near Guernsey

post-18906-0-92343800-1393783794_thumb.j

Posted

Hi, just a question, as I'm trying to learn abit more. Are you talking about the line forming near Guernsey

Hi Alix. Hands up I am a complete amateur weather wise but yes, the rainfall radar does seem to be showing a line of very sharp showers currently over the Channel Islands and heading eastwards.

• Like 1

Posted

now

Posted Image

note the warm air quickly being replaced by much colder air

this causes unstable air which can lead to instability

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

wind flow variable

could be some gusty winds mixed in the heavy showers

rainfall

Posted Image

tonights heavy rain clears around rush hour

around 1pm

Posted Image

dry still to the far north of the region

heavy blustery showers moving across the south by then

at 7pm

Posted Image

heavy blustery showers effecting all regions

clears around 9-10 pm

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

around 7pm

Posted Image

Posted Image

will drop fairly quick when it gets late pm

also the heavy showers could be heavy with hail thunder sleet even wet snow

watch out for the odd kitchen sink too Posted Image

update the rest shortly

• Like 3

Posted

i am off from the 9th from work for a while

Posted Image

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Posted Image

finally

Posted Image

Posted Image

no heatwave

and quite cold overnight

but dry

that will do me for now Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The spring has sprung the grass has riz

I wonders where the birdies iz

The birds are on the wing I heard

Should not the wings be on the bird

Mine are nesting too. Posted Image Well I don't own them Posted Image  but you know what I mean. In fact my garden Robins alongside the Blackbirds and possibly a Song Thrush too are all at it.

Well, as the original post has missed off your original image Keraunophile, I've reposted it.

post-7183-0-37203900-1393787214.jpg

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

i am off from the 9th from work for a while

Posted Image

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Posted Image

finally

Posted Image

Posted Image

no heatwave

and quite cold overnight

but dry

that will do me for now Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I am going to risk it and plant all my vegetables this month rather than wait until the end of April. There is no repeat of last March on the cards, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Mine are nesting too. Posted Image Well I don't own them but I think you know what I mean, my garden Robins alongside the Blackbirds and possibly a Song Thrush too.

Well, as the original post has missed off your original image Keraunophile, I've reposted it.

Posted Imagexpost-17085-0-62467800-1393699786_thumb_jpg_pagespeed_ic_quWBow0n_c.jpg

The upcoming forecast looking pretty tasty too in my opinion. Posted Image Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2941027

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a variable but a mainly north west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

shows dry above

but i think still some blustery showers around but clearing later overnight

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

after the showers of whatever comes down

expect some local frost to arrive

coasts and rural may see mist and the odd fog patch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

rain

Posted Image

none

temps

Posted Image

6-8 degrees

and mostly sunny too

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a very weak southerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

assuming that low goes south it will stay dry

again mist may be an issue

temps

Posted Image

cold but frost looks unlikely as cloudcover will be quite noticeable overnight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a very weak flow

will call a westerly but take your pick on that

rainfall

Posted Image

dry again

temps

Posted Image

around 10 degrees

although fog is possible late pm-evening

thats it for now