Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My take on a forecast from rather limited viewing of the various outputs.

Wednesday, predominantly DRY again and a warm one, up to 16c or 17c in favoured locations, maybe scrape a 18c maximum.

Thursday, a band of heavy rain should pass through fairly quickly from West to East, clearing to cooler showery conditions in behind by evening time.

Friday, a cool day, perhaps average Temps (11 to 12c) at best in sheltered locations, otherwise a day of limited sunny intervals and beefy showers, wintry in nature.

Saturday, a similar day to Friday with a cool wind bringing a touch of Winter to proceedings, no snow likely in my opinion aside from probable wet flakes mixed in, especially over elevation. Should something turn up overnight, then there would be a chance of a brief slushy covering for some, again much more likely at elevation.

Sunday, another cool day with some showers about, the wind eventually backing around to the North accentuating the colder feel but as it does so, the sunshine levels should increase and so to will our hopes of drier weather returning into the new working week after the Spring Equinox.

I'm contemplating that the final week of March will bring further drier weather especially to the SW or perhaps the SE of our region, all dependant on where the influence of an encroaching HP system decides to set up shop. If it does so, in a rather friendly manner, the water table could finally get a chance to drop having had a generally dry March, which in turn will lead up to what could be a very dry April, perhaps? Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Try ebay.

Front through here but quite breezy.

You lost me there knocker am I just being blonde?

Grey and cool today, still looks wintry over weekend in places. Posted Image

Posted

You lost me there knocker am I just being blonde?

Grey and cool today, still looks wintry over weekend in places. Posted Image

Sorry mullender just thought maybe it was time to diverse yourself of the app.

Posted

Sorry mullender just thought maybe it was time to diverse yourself of the app.

Your right it is often wrong at range but the thing I do like about meto app is it takes the elevation of a place and adjusts the forecast accordingly. It has been correct in forecasting wintry weather before but this year has been a winter of let downs what ever source you use.

App still saying snow for Saturday and Sunday early and late. Posted Image

Posted

Beautiful afternoon in sunny Warminster after a cloudy/hazy morning.

The Cold Front tomorrow pm/eve looks set to bring the most rainfall in 2 and a half weeks, but thereafter it could be quite dry for a number of days again except for showers over the weekend - I'm most looking forward to some spectacular cloudscapes Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Lovely Sunny Day in Street at Clarks Shopping Village.  Back here in  PSJ it is cloudy and 10.7c.

Posted

Patchy Sc with some Ci. The cold front lying Stornoway to western Ireland at oo so lousy in Scotland at moment but rain down here around lunchtime.

Temp 9C

Wind SW 16 mph.

post-12275-0-78073400-1395296360_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A lovely satellite image of the approaching front and the colder air and showers behind it. :)

post-15177-0-14148700-1395321866_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Dry . Cloudy. Breezy. 12.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You just never know?

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2947936

Elevation will be the key but bang on target with regard to the date, anyhow as commented on, back on the 12th March. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2945109

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Spots of rain/drizzle. 9.9c.

Posted

Lovely satellite image Knocker.

Drizzle just starting after a fine, bright and windy day. There was more sunshine that I was expecting which made for a pleasant day despite the gusty SW wind.

I think we can expect plenty more sunshine tomorrow too with only scattered showers until late in the day, although it is the kind of set up in which a Bristol Channel streamer is likely in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What's the flooding situation in somerset? The media have gone very quiet, they only seem to care about the south east. Is there heavy rain forecast for today?

Posted

I'd await some reports from those in the know about the Somerset situation but judging by the water levels and damaged road surfaces even around here, it will take some appreciable time to recover fully. As for the farming fraternity in that region, it may take months and perhaps a year or two or more to recover their losses. The focus has gone off Somerset by way of the media reporting but the issues remain there and further afield. All I pray for and I suspect a fair few more will do likewise, is that we have a much drier period ahead of us akin to what we've just had over the past two weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Great chance of snow tonight for the moors. Elevation and intensity as ever will be important.

• Like 1

Posted

2.7mm rain Yesterday.  Sunny now  with cloud around.9.3c. Rain probably at midday..

Posted

Looking good for early hours of Saturday Posted Image

My met office app says heavy snow until mid morning Posted Image

post-8911-0-88280500-1395393695_thumb.pn

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Looking good for early hours of Saturday Posted Image

My met office app says heavy snow until mid morning Posted Image

Posted ImageScreenshot_2014-03-21-09-19-36.png

Surely there would be a warning out for that? lol

Currently 10℃ and sunny, feels warmer than yesterday to be fair.

Posted

NMM 6Km..

post-15177-0-96059100-1395400338_thumb.ppost-15177-0-02921800-1395400287_thumb.ppost-15177-0-19790600-1395400296_thumb.ppost-15177-0-62372400-1395400305_thumb.ppost-15177-0-82869000-1395400316_thumb.ppost-15177-0-01679400-1395400329_thumb.p

Somebody in the mod thread said this snap was to provide the most widespread snow risk since March 2013. If that was the case, why are there no early yellow warnings (there could possibly be one later) but numerous early warnings for snow have been issued in the past three months, I thinks that sums that up. :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Your ht above msl?

Just under 300m