Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

There's deep, low, bass thunder here, moving up from the south coast. Posted Image

Steady rain and 4.4℃

bass, you got fishing on the brain. Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Decent thundery activity in the early hours this morning.The ground has now turned white as a heavy hail shower comes through the area.

Just had another cracking shower with hail here, a few rumbles in the distance too.Although the hail didn't last long, it was quite large in diameter, I was willing to get heavier!

Posted

Well after a quick drive to the top of the moor, I can confirm that Princetown had roughly 1" of snow this morning. It was sleeting heavily whilst there, so I'm guessing it'll disappear soon, although it was sleet just now down here at lower levels, so you never know!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

We have Thunder. Posted Image That marks the last of the cold air for a wee while I suspect, at least by day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

We have Thunder. Posted Image That marks the last of the cold air for a wee while I suspect, at least by day.

A follower I have on Twitter, just posted about that too. He's (West) Berkshire based too. Now send it towards Warwickshire please. Posted Image
  • Like 1

Posted

A follower I have on Twitter, just posted about that too. He's (West) Berkshire based too. Now send it towards Warwickshire please. Posted Image

Much as I like Warwickshire, such beautiful countryside, I'm keeping this storm to myself.

Posted

Much as I like Warwickshire, such beautiful countryside, I'm keeping this storm to myself.

*crosses off Christmas card list*
  • Like 1

Posted

Now that's what I call showing off. Posted Image

post-7183-0-54544000-1396010410_thumb.pn

Posted

Please does anybody know if there was thunder anywhere in the Wiltshire/Bath area this morning. I'm talking at about 09.15 and again around 10.30 when I twice heard a brief rumbling in the distance.

I was out working in Bradford On Avon which had a few sharp showers however I think it poured down nearby judging by reviewing the radar. Cloud structure was largely invisible due to low level mist/cloud however after each shower the air cleared to brief sunshine and some Altocumulus.

Posted

Please does anybody know if there was thunder anywhere in the Wiltshire/Bath area this morning. I'm talking at about 09.15 and again around 10.30 when I twice heard a brief rumbling in the distance.

I was out working in Bradford On Avon which had a few sharp showers however I think it poured down nearby judging by reviewing the radar. Cloud structure was largely invisible due to low level mist/cloud however after each shower the air cleared to brief sunshine and some Altocumulus.

Can't help you Andy but you may be able to view the NW archive later tomorrow.

Posted

Now that's what I call showing off. Posted Image

Posted Image1230 280314 Thunder - now that's showing off.png

Ok, ok. There's showing off, then there's taking the biscuit. You lucky folk. Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

torrential rain here presently, no visible lightning, but a couple of distant rumbles of thunder

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Currently at Taunton. Quite dark skies maybe associated with incoming storm from the East though looks like it will hit a bit further north than here.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Very large storm passed here, currently over Cirencester, sky turned green. Plenty of rumbles of thunder but did not see any lightning although wasn't looking as inside.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Well after a quick drive to the top of the moor, I can confirm that Princetown had roughly 1" of snow this morning. It was sleeting heavily whilst there, so I'm guessing it'll disappear soon, although it was sleet just now down here at lower levels, so you never know!!

Just a shame this weather set up was not here in January!
  • Like 1

Posted

Just a shame this weather set up was not here in January!

Or, considering the thundery activity potential (some of which is being realised), in June or July!!

• Like 1

Posted

A pity this is a rubbish photo, took it with my phone through the car windscreen but I saw the most awesome rainbow today, I've never seen one so low in the sky. Been an interesting weather day.post-11496-0-45977900-1396023785_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

A pity this is a rubbish photo, took it with my phone through the car windscreen but I saw the most awesome rainbow today, I've never seen one so low in the sky. Been an interesting weather day.Posted Imageimage.jpg

Saw a similar one the other day but never caught it on camera, looks like yours is a double rainbow too.

Posted

Nice thunderstorm over Farmoor (3 miles west of Oxford) this afternoon about 1pm. Heard deep rumblings approaching for about 20mins beforehand, then it seemed to pass directly overhead with some sheet lightning and loud thunder. Nice deep ground vibrating thunder too. Probably about one thunder rumble every minute or so roughly.

The sky had that summer south-easterly misty haze to it so couldn't really see much in the way of cloud types or any fork lightning, although after it had passed a towering cumulous and anvil were visible through the haze where the sun illuminated it brightly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Morning all.

I can safely say it's not getting any milder here yet.

We have steady rain in a strong SS/E wind!

No fishing for me today .

Stay warm people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Reading 14.6c in the sunshine. In the shade 9.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well it's 13.7℃ here but I wouldn't call it warm... yet. The south easterly wind is quite strong, I needs to find a north-facing beach to fish from today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Reading 14.6c in the sunshine. In the shade 9.4c.

Shade reading is the correct reading always.

Sunny thermometer could read 50c+ in summer but clearly that's not real temperature. Posted Image