Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Surely there would be a warning out for that? lolCurrently 10℃ and sunny, feels warmer than yesterday to be fair.

They would if the risk was there for urban low lying areas but it would only affect rural un populated areas at most i suspect even if only brief and transient. Also grounds warm so wouldnt last if it fell.

Posted

We could be looking at a similar situation to the early morning of Monday 27th January and mid morning of Thursday 13th February where parts of the region saw brief slushy/hail coverings that melted quickly.

A largely sunny day in Warminster today aside from a 15 minute heavy shower late morning which had hailstones included, all other showers have passed to the N and S.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Had a shower of rain then hail ...7.4c.

Posted

Just seen some sleet in the last passing shower which bodes well for tonight onwards. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've had a bit of light rain and that's it.

It looks like the band working this way isn't going to be anything special either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Thunder and lighting here at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Heavy rain, thunder and lightning in the past twenty minutes.  A narrowing band as it moves east by the look of it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun when outside, rain when in bed, snow in winter!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Very gusty at the moment as the front is passing over, just rain though - not that I expect anything else at this low level.

Posted

Heavy rain, thunder and lightning in the past twenty minutes.  A narrowing band as it moves east by the look of it.

yeah, thought I saw a flash to the west. Curtains and windows now wide open for a bit of a light show hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun when outside, rain when in bed, snow in winter!!

bang yes!

Posted

Partly Cloudy. Sunny. Light breeze. 8.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm still waiting on the showers... tv forecasts were seriously overzealous on the shower graphics.

Currently 10.4℃ and sunny.

Posted

Showers come and go. Some of rain, some of hail.  Sunny at present. 9.5c. 

Posted

Reviewing the radar it seems there were some potent cells in E.Somerset/Dorset and W/SW Wiltshire this afternoon with some deep red echoes on the radar in mid afternoon. Heavy hail and thunder reported by my wife while I was at football in Bristol which had a dry afternoon.

Posted

I'm still waiting on the showers... tv forecasts were seriously overzealous on the shower graphics.Currently 10.4℃ and sunny.

Yes far less shower activity today that was shown on graphics although had a few wintry ones with rain/sleet/hail and occasional snow.

Some wet snow just falling as I type although nothing much.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes far less shower activity today that was shown on graphics although had a few wintry ones with rain/sleet/hail and occasional snow.

Some wet snow just falling as I type although nothing much.

Did you have any snow around 4-5am Mullender? I was woken by heavy rain but thought higher up would have a chance. I guess you may only know if it settled and is still there when you wake up lol !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Gone very dark here current temp is 5.3 c dew point has dropped to 0.9 . Mixture of hail to rain back to hail, grass has turned white. Lol

Posted

Gone very dark here current temp is 5.3 c dew point has dropped to 0.9 . Mixture of hail to rain back to hail, grass has turned white. Lol

yep, big hail here too. Better down tools, get inside and watch the mighty Saints.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well, things have seemingly gone to forecast.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79573-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-27214-18z/page-13#entry2947270

What is less certain now however, is the likely developing weather pattern as we move on into the final week of March and then on into April.

The SW should see some usable spells at times during this coming week with Monday looking the wettest of the bunch. The midweek period will see more in the way of brightness and drier weather. Come Friday it could go downhill again with weather systems knocking on the door out off the SW approaches. Further inland and into Central and Eastern parts of this region, things become complicated by the presence of an Easterly feed setting up during the second half of the upcoming week. The end result I think may be colder cloudier conditions with potential for some drizzly bits and pieces. Overall not a desperately wet signal but some nuisance rain at times and scattered showers around on other occasions. Limited dry weather about as we head into April looking like the way of things. A cool to average end to March but with an unclear signal as we head into the first week of April right now. Originally I suggested HP domination could develop, however now I'm not so sure.

Edited by gottolovethisweather