Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

To Snow.....or not to snow?

That is the question!

Carry on here folks!

old thread here -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79421-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-120214-19z/page-40#entry2939523

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

In order to kick this thread off, I have copied over my post from earlier regarding the UKMO view of things in the coming days, one thing I would add is that those Temps are dropping rather rapidly as I type this, could be a good sign with regard to some getting snow. Posted Image or Posted Image

Here's the updated wording from UKMO.

Headline:

Showery rain at times. Gales possible in the west.

This Evening and Tonight:

Some showers in the east this evening. Then spells of occasionally heavy rain soon spreading northeastwards across the region. Possibly becoming very windy through the early hours, with a risk of gales in exposed western parts. Minimum Temperature 1 °C.

Friday:

Further spells of rain in the morning, a risk of gales in the west, and perhaps some snow for a time over the Moors. Becoming drier, brighter in the afternoon. Maximum Temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, sunshine and showers at first. Band of persistent rain and hill snow spreading eastwards later. Sunday, becoming drier and brighter, but rain overnight, clearing to blustery showers on Monday.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Winter is over now. The ground is far too warm for any Snow. In fact the winter never really started it was just Autumn now we are heading into Spring......Maybe this is the future of the U.K. Weather  Spring and Autumn with the odd Summer hopefully.........Nuff Said

• Like 1

Posted

Winter is over now. The ground is far too warm for any Snow. In fact the winter never really started it was just Autumn now we are heading into Spring......Maybe this is the future of the U.K. Weather  Spring and Autumn with the odd Summer hopefully.........Nuff Said

Have to disagree here, it's not too warm to snow at all - We had snow mid/end of March here last year! Got a while to go yet before you should lose all faith!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Have to disagree here, it's not too warm to snow at all - We had snow mid/end of March here last year! Got a while to go yet before you should lose all faith!

Yeah that was a silly comment really, it's not too late for snow, we've had lying snow even here in march and falling snow in early April, not that I'd want to see snow in April this year lol, prefer some spring warmth by then but March can certainly have notable wintry weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Unbelievable the one day we might see some upland snow I am once again in Bristol before it rolls in around 8/9am Posted Image

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Unbelievable the one day we might see some upland snow I am once again in Bristol before it rolls in around 8/9am Posted Image

Ever heard of calling in sick Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good luck with the snow potential tonight peeps :)

Here, we are staring down the barrel of a predicted 23mb pressure drop in the next 12 hours with severe gales and 60-70mph gusts predicted tomorrow morning. Time to batten down the hatches yet again :O

• Like 2

Posted

Ever heard of calling in sick Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Short staffed and they know I love snow I would need to have it laying and falling to call in or swap a day ect

Sadly I leave for work at 8am and its eta is at 9am so I wouldn't even see it fall, then it would likely barely settle if at all and it clears 3pm. I arrive home at 5.30pm Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'd like to simply see some darn lowland snow, is that not enough either. Posted Image Maybe tonight will be the night. Posted Image

Good luck with the snow potential tonight peeps Posted Image

Here, we are staring down the barrel of a predicted 23mb pressure drop in the next 12 hours with severe gales and 60-70mph gusts predicted tomorrow morning. Time to batten down the hatches yet again Posted Image

Welcome back Fitzwis, I remember you nicked most of last year's snow so perhaps its payback time. Mind you, its payback time almost everywhere right now it seems.

• Like 2

Posted

I'd like to simply see some darn lowland snow, is that not enough either. Posted Image Maybe tonight will be the night. Posted Image

It doesn't seem hopeful and ian f didn't mention anything wintry after that in forecast for Saturday/sunday/monday. Looks like everyone's best chance including mine is to view the gurney slade web cam Posted Image I did that a week or so ago only to see it melt before I came home. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Short staffed and they know I love snow I would need to have it laying and falling to call in or swap a day ect

Sadly I leave for work at 8am and its eta is at 9am so I wouldn't even see it fall, then it would likely barely settle if at all and it clears 3pm. I arrive home at 5.30pm Posted Image

I wouldn't mind betting it arrives before 8am!

Posted

I wouldn't mind betting it arrives before 8am!

Hope your right could do with it getting a move on. Interesting to see first around mid night if its at all wintry.

Posted

What time(if at all) is the snow meant to fall? Not sure swindon is classed as higher ground though!!!

Posted

Welcome back Fitzwis, I remember you nicked most of last year's snow so perhaps its payback time. Mind you, its payback time almost everywhere right now it seems.

Cheers GLTW Posted Image

You have a good memory. This time last year (or thereabouts) we were on the verge of the worst blizzard here for decades and ended up being buried in up to 10ft snow drifts. Even more amazing considering the time of year we had the dollop Posted Image

Looking like it's touch and go for you guys with the current synoptics but fingers crossed Posted Image

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 1

Posted

Cheers GLTW Posted Image

You have a good memory. This time last year (or thereabouts) we were on the verge of the worst blizzard here for decades and ended up being buried in up to 10ft snow drifts. Even more amazing considering the time of year we had the dollop Posted Image

Looking like it's touch and go for you guys with the current synoptics but fingers crossed Posted Image

Yes that must have been epic to watch unfold, jealous does not even come close to how I still feel about that storm!!!

My day will come....maybe....probably a week after I relocate Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Yes that must have been epic to watch unfold, jealous does not even come close to how I still feel about that storm!!!

Yes our day will come although we both might be looking out the window of a nursing home when that time comes.. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

The first day of the blizzard brought about 5-10 inches of snow. The next morning,  we looked outside and our garden had a drift of at least 2 feet. By the end of that day this was up to almost 3ft. And that's when the reports of 6 to 10ft drifts starting coming in from more northern areas of the island so yes, epic indeed. Even my fiance was surprised, being a northerner and not experiencing snow like that in Jersey before and as you can imagine, our littleuns were going crazy for it Posted Image

And for the southern half of the uk, so close and yet so far springs to mind ... maybe tonight for you guys, just maybe Posted Image

To be honest, I'll take the severe gale forecast for us for tomorrow morning over the snow. We don't want to get too greedy here Posted Image

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Had a brilliant torrential shower earlier this afternoon on my journey home from work. Absolutely hammered down with sleet and hail. I very much doubt any snow will fall here tomorrow after such a dire winter for snow prospects, but to be honest after seeing the lovely convective sky this afternoon...it is gearing me up to start the thunderstorm hunting season again now! Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Temp has dropped off pretty quickly in the past hour, just 4C  3.7C here now, hopefully that continues Posted Image

2.9C

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Now that is just cruel.. Just seen the meto warning for snow .... It is sooooo close to Berkshire. Humph.. Talk about dangling a carrot. Well for those under it. Enjoy every single moment. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

The storms that stole Christmas on Ch4 now. Looks like its worth viewing.

• Like 4

Posted

The storms that stole Christmas on Ch4 now. Looks like its worth viewing.

Watching it - talk about sensationalist nonsense.Cant see what the excitement is about tomorrow and Saturday - have i missed a forecast channel low classic blizzard?
  • Like 1

Posted

Watching it - talk about sensationalist nonsense.

Cant see what the excitement is about tomorrow and Saturday - have i missed a forecast channel low classic blizzard?

After the winter we have seen though even a snowflake warrants a warning Posted Image

• Like 4