Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hi guys

It been beautiful here on the Islands for quite some time now

Just want to say sorry for not being around (i sustained quite a bad injury at work, and can't drive, can hardly walk and am waiting for surgery, and having cold upon cold upon cold ontop of that and the odd chest infection thrown in grrrr lol)

I will be back soon, miss you all loads http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png and the weather reporting, the banter and the laughs.

Sunny

Cool sea breeze

Temp 7.3c (rising)

Humidity 89%

Wishing you all the best cyclonic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm fishing down at Ballard, just to the left of Swanage, it's a tad chilly. :)

post-15177-0-13105000-1397674174_thumb.jpost-15177-0-70634600-1397677436_thumb.j

post-15177-0-86215400-1397677476_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy. 12.2c. Cool feel to it.. Bank Holiday weather arriving to soon..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bit nippy out there this morning - definitely feels more autumnal than springlike but hey at least it's sunny! Enjoy the holiday weekend folks.

Posted

Scattered Clouds. Sunny. 11.8c. 

Posted

Good morning, lovely and sunny, and 11℃

I see there's still a lot of discrepancies on the track of Sunday's low, but the NMM totals look quite high..

post-15177-0-04871000-1397814707_thumb.p post-15177-0-30285500-1397814716_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

The Beast is back! Hello all and sorry for my absence. You will all remember me as the Beast of Dartmoor, but since I do not live there any more, I am now the Beast of Plympton!

I no longer have the elevation, but on the plus side, I can phone a person, they then make some food, bring it to my house, I give them money, then eat my dinner! The wonders of being near civilisation!  Its a treat!

Anyway, weather has been wonderful here today, sat in the garden enjoying the sun! Nice evening as well....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The Beast is back! Hello all and sorry for my absence. You will all remember me as the Beast of Dartmoor, but since I do not live there any more, I am now the Beast of Plympton!I no longer have the elevation, but on the plus side, I can phone a person, they then make some food, bring it to my house, I give them money, then eat my dinner! The wonders of being near civilisation! Its a treat!Anyway, weather has been wonderful here today, sat in the garden enjoying the sun! Nice evening as well....

sh@t a brick! I lost my snow buddy! Enjoy the lowlands laddy and all that comes with it Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

sh@t a brick! I lost my snow buddy! Enjoy the lowlands laddy and all that comes with it

I know! Sorry to abandon you buddy, but civilisation calls! I will enjoy mate. Still a little bit of elevation but nothing near want you have mate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I didn't realise how much I took the university observatory site for granted...until the data went offline! Would have liked to have seen the stats for some of the diurnal temperature ranges lately. Might go down to the site myself and give the equipment a kick :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I didn't realise how much I took the university observatory site for granted...until the data went offline! Would have liked to have seen the stats for some of the diurnal temperature ranges lately. Might go down to the site myself and give the equipment a kick http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

My own haven't been too spectacular but the 15th and 16th April stand out and so should today perhaps?

15th April Minimum of 1.8c and Max of 15.7c

16th April Minimum of 0.8c and Maximum of 17.2c

Today's low looks like being 0.7c.

Right I'm off on a walk around some local countryside, hopefully find a Pub or six. //d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A chilly 8C here with broken cloud and a brisk easterly breeze. Again, how nice it would be if this happened in season.

Posted

A complete cloud forest here, and cold! Not what was forecasted at all.

Currently 11.6℃

Posted

Broken cloud. Some sun. Easterly breeze  makes it cool.  11.0c. Staying indoors....

Posted

Looks like I may get some thunder, a rarity!

Posted

Some distant rumbles rolling in. Makes a nice change for a thunderstorm to be in Reading when I'm here as well!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some distant rumbles rolling in. Makes a nice change for a thunderstorm to be in Reading when I'm here as well!

nice to hear Nick.....a few posting in the SE thread re., current thunderstorms.....looks like this particular batch is heading westwards down the M4 corridor, fingers crossed for some action in the coming hours :good:

Posted

nice to hear Nick.....a few posting in the SE thread re., current thunderstorms.....looks like this particular batch is heading westwards down the M4 corridor, fingers crossed for some action in the coming hours :good:

Had a few flashes, but it seems quite high-based so the thunder isn't exactly- oh, no, that was pretty loud :p Heavens have opened!

Posted

Nothing spectacular in the end, but it was pretty unexpected :)

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Yes, quite a bit of thunder rumbling around over Henley this morning. Friends are hopefully finishing the Devizes to Wesminster Race on The Thames about now, although the tidal end of the course, after 24 hours afloat, can be tough, apparently. Very proud of Ben & Elise! Raising money for charity too!

You can track them (boat 415) here: http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/dwrace14.cfm?n=415&smart=1

and donate to their charity too...

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=dwt2m&isTeam=true&un_jtt_redirect

Edited by Iggy912

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thunderstorm incoming from the east, some low growls of thunder and the first flash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Is it going to make it this far I wonder. nearly there.

• Like 1