Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yes, that splodge of 'cloud' is fog here and just this last minute is being cleared with weak sunshine popping out.  It's felt really bitterly cold so far today.

Posted

I have no problem with the mist/fog lingering because it is dry! Which is something we were crying out for for 3 months! Such a shame we didn't have a large anticyclone like this between Dec-Jan as it would have provided stunning rime and ice days and probably crystallized snow instead of the drizzly bits which happened this morning.

Hazy sun through mist, 9.8c .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Some of the fog in Bristol during the early morning (ie 3/4/5am) has been some of the thickest I've seen in the city in a long time.

Hazardous driving conditions, especially when one is carrying their 2 day old child in the back.

Anyway, at least it's been dry though. Whilst I haven't been keeping up to date too much with the flooding situation around the Somerset levels recently, I have noticed the railway line around Fordgate has reopened which must be promising news.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning! The fog developed fast last night, walking home from the pub, I had droplets forming on my eyelashes. :)

Bit of a let down today, especially after the last couple days. Currently 6℃ and grey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny.. 11.1c  Mist still about.. Few clouds around..

Posted

Partly Cloudy. 13.9c.  My get better...

Posted

Had a max of 16.3c this  morning. Sun still out. 12.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunning day and 100% clear blue skies. A little breezy though so not as perfect as last weekend. However im delighted to see that High Pressure looks like holding in there and any low pressure looks to miss us to the North this week. Hopefully we are entering a prolonged, warm, sunny period!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lovely day and afternoon, 18C....also nice to see a little mid-level instability around here with patchy altocumulus and even a few turkey towers around lunchtime, a precursor to a hot and thundery summer I hope!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What pleases me is that the Azores High is showing willingness to ridge over the UK and move to the East now and again. In the 2007-12 seasons that seemed completely impossible. I think we are setting up for a traditional summer at worst and could be rather good again.

• Like 1

Posted

lovely day and afternoon, 18C....also nice to see a little mid-level instability around here with patchy altocumulus and even a few turkey towers around lunchtime, a precursor to a hot and thundery summer I hope!

Yes I noticed those AJ, I assume there was a weak upper front or trough.

Stunning sunset now too thanks to those mid level clouds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

You guys are getting temps close to London values, enjoy it whilst you can, before the snow turns up in April.

Posted

Excuse my ignorance....but what are turkey towers?

Glorious day here with long sunny spells, warm and enough breeze to dry the washing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You guys are getting temps close to London values, enjoy it whilst you can, before the snow turns up in April.

Place your bets! Posted Image  snow or no snow like the rest of the darn Winter I wonder? Even as a coldie at heart, I don't see too much snow if any down sarf, given the tendency for the Azores or Euro High to loiter somewhere near the nearby continent. Time will tell though of course. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Some of the fog in Bristol during the early morning (ie 3/4/5am) has been some of the thickest I've seen in the city in a long time.Hazardous driving conditions, especially when one is carrying their 2 day old child in the back.Anyway, at least it's been dry though. Whilst I haven't been keeping up to date too much with the flooding situation around the Somerset levels recently, I have noticed the railway line around Fordgate has reopened which must be promising news.

Congratulations, :)

Things are looking up around here but the damage from the floods is going to take months to repair, we then of course have the problem with animal feed next winter...

As for the fog. I drive across the levels every day and I know the road I travel like the back of my hand, but even in good conditions it can be treacherous what with mud on the roads from neighbouring farms, z bends etc so I was astounded when driving back through the fog how many idiots I encountered, I even had someone hammering on their horn because I obviously wasn't going fast enough for them, and then they overtook me, yet I could barely see one white line on the road ahead so i doubt that they could see better, yet this idiot decided that driving at speed was a clever thing to do, taking into account that either side of the road are 6' deep trenches and no safety barriers this eejit was incredibly lucky. 

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Wake up!  Posted Image

It's another glorious Sunday morning so hopefully, we can keep the clear skies overhead for a while!

Whatever you're doing, have fun, one and all!  

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Stunning day and 100% clear blue skies. A little breezy though so not as perfect as last weekend. However im delighted to see that High Pressure looks like holding in there and any low pressure looks to miss us to the North this week. Hopefully we are entering a prolonged, warm, sunny period!

Well I think Not! Dont look at the models this morning, not a pretty picture!!

Posted

Bright blue clear sunlit sky. 16.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Cloud built in here. Cold breeze. With leafless trees and a bit of murk it could be like January. Temp 7.9 c