Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just popped on to say wind picking up and noticed Charlwood and Gatwick both hitting top 5 hot spots today.

Also my best wishes to Snow Lady for tomorrow. Be thinking of you.

• Like 2

Ty all so much .. Bj all the best to your mum for tomorrow x

Atm my eldest daughter has been taken to hospital as she couldn't breath fully u couldn't write this !! Also my youngest daughter has got a urgent scan for hospital !! Couldn't feel any lower tbh out surname should have been always us !!

Wind picking up here :/

• Like 7

Posted

Well Charltonkerry will be a happy man this evening, might just about get home from Sheffield before the rain arrives, wonder whether he'll be posting early tomorrow morning.

Love that Latin phrase Alixzandra, so very appropriate - very best of luck to Snowlady36, I have a similar appointment with my mother tomorrow at East Grinstead Hospital.

Hoping for positive outcomes all round.Posted Image

Goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

Occasionally there's more important thing than football, so my best wishes goes to Snowlady and her family, I hope everything goes to plan, and your recovery is swift and thorough. BJ my thoughts also go with you and your mum tomorrow.

BJ you know me to well, I will not be reporting in tomorrow, I'm to tired and emotional, what a night, absolutely brilliant, still on a high and buzzing now after a 4 hour drive home, through terrestrial rain around the M25 / M1 junction, I knew I could get the weather in there somewhere. Surely this ain't normal for an old fossil like me.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi all, been away from the forums for a week or two. Went to Wales (Porthcawl) over the weekend bit didn't see too many flooded fields from the M4. Weather's been quite nice of late! Actually been out at lunch at work in just my shirt - no jacket which was nice. Just had a few gusts just now though and my parents in Wexford are worrying about strong winds after my dad started putting up their fences today after it was completely destroyed over the last few weeks. Doesn't seem too bad on my dad's weather station so far though.

I've given up giving people forecasts though as I keep looking the fool. Once moment it's "oooh might be a nice week this week" then it rains. Or "oooh looking colder next week - even the odd wintry shower!" then it rains and stays over 10'C :|

Know the feeling. All I've bothered to look at is where that polar vortex is and has been since November. There's no point in hoping for a change while it's there.

And actually this mild winter has had its compensations - my watercress has carried on growing under a fleece in an unheated greenhouse so I've still been able to have it (even when you can't buy fresh bunches of watercress in the supermarket) so I won't need to sow it and start again. The lettuces and winter salads in the grow bag haven't needed a fleece at all - they actually like cool conditions.

The snowdrops, crocuses and hellebores are magnificent this year. I was looking out of our kitchen window this morning thinking how pretty they all looked under the plum tree. And of course, the birds have started singing again. I stopped for several minutes to listen to the most beautiful thrush warbling away this afternoon.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted

Wake up you 'orrible lot, it's nearly quarter past eight.

Grey drizzly and dull in Epping this morning, the Met Office are having a little joke and have a snowflake over us for Friday morning.

Woohoooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Best Wishes for today SL.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull and drizzly here, but fairly mild. It was very windy last night. It seemed to pick up really quickly.

My best wishes to Snow Lady, her family and also to BJs mum. Will be thinking of you all today. :)

Have a good day, everyone.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Back to the grey dross of single figure temperature and rain today....oh well !  It was heavy at times in the night but is lighter now thankfully, I hope we won't see a return to the flooding, with luck the water had receded enough that this top isn't going to be a problem.

Positive thoughts and best wishes go out to all those that need them today  Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Still deciding whether to come home for university next year, it's cheaper and I have another niece or nephew on the way. The problem is I don't want to leave the friends I have gained here but I just haven't felt right since I came back from Christmas. Not forgetting how crap the weather is here in Hull, having a wet & cold day in Hull is equivalent to depression. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Nothing weather related from me this morning, as there's nothing noteworthy happening here weather-wise and I'm not currently in the UK.

I'm just posting to wish Snowlady all the very best today and hope this is the first day of a long period of good news for her. :) I also wish to say that if her news isn't what she'd like, that she doesn't fall into despair - there are obviously a whole lot of people here who are willing to provide emotional support. However let's not go there now and hope the news is good today. :)

• Like 6

Posted

morning all! :D

well it was a touch grey this morning on my walk through St James' park. but least it was not raining. not sure what temp was, but guessing around 8C

now.... wheres my coffee? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

best wishes to Snow Lady, her family and also to BJs mum

Fairly non weather weather out there atm. Bored now, bring on some sun and warmth if we arent going to get cold and snow.....

• Like 4

Posted

Hi all,

Blustery rain with leaden skies here........yucky yuk.

We have never met but my thoughts are with you lovely people today. Life is very hard at times and people get dealt with a very unfair hand. Best wishes and big strength sent to you x

• Like 8

Posted

Here comes the rain...again. It's quite heavy in Ippy now. Hope the weather picks up for next week as my niece is moving and on a rainy day it would be more stressful than ever.

I will have to return to Norwich as well and get my place up and running again. It's gone to pot in the last few months. So that'll be a bit depressing. :( I'm not looking forward to that at all. I've spent the last months helping my niece through a stressful marriage breakdown and had The Nipper to occupy me and give me something to focus on, but as Linda pointed out yesterday, Nipper is not my responsibility and I have my own life to live....for myself.

So, lots to sort out and I feel really anxious about it, but it has to be done.

However, other people's problems put ones own into perspective and at least I have my physical health and that is good.

And.....it's still raining. But looks as though it may clear up as it's quite bright.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, we did well in 2012 here, with heavy snow arriving late on Saturday evening. I remember being concerned about a possible snow to rain / sleet event, which I never like, but it didn't happen and we had a good covering of powdery snow, that lasted a week. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Well, folks, it looks as though these will be the only 'flakes' we'll all be seeing this winter, which is nearly over. Never mind.....soon be Christmas. :)

post-17085-0-66134500-1393326912_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Not quite sure what happened with the TV forecast - "wet early then dry". Well it's well past Midday and it's still peeing down here. These little inaccuracies are very annoying to those trying to get stuff done outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Started out wet and dreary here, so thought I'd clean my little sewing den, Then I thought well this is boring, so stopped cleaning and made this little vintage cup and saucer bird feeder - then the sun came out from behind dense cloud cover. Procrastinating makes me more creative!

post-18906-0-03905000-1393333347_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

.... Procrastinating makes me more creative!

i dont procrastinate; well hardly ever; i mean its not like i go on and on about things, and just make short statements carry on for much longer then they need to or whitter on about stuff until its of no relevance to the subject; neither do i make a long over stated answers to a question by giving the details in different ways but meaning the same thing :D:p

sun is out in St James, mild now and slight breeze :)

• Like 1

Posted

Just saw a rainbow in otherwise deep cloudy sky, perhaps picking up some of the sunlight from the blue sky visible on this side of the building. Lovely:)

• Like 3