Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Ok, can we draw a line under what happened last night/earlier on this morning....The site team are well aware of what's been occuring and are on the case....Posts have been reported and moved from the appropriate threads....Onwards and upwards as they say Posted Image

So then, are you guys going to see any snow tomorrow??

Unfortunately not by the looks of things.. Surface temps and dew points for a start too high.. no PPN around when they do drop off sat night...

• Like 1

Posted

If the likes of Steve Murr and TEITS were about i would feel more confident re snow, but their silence is a sign to me it is not going to happen, or at best it will be a blink and you will miss it affair

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I hope the weather is dry for the middle of next week. My niece is moving and it wouldn't be great in the wet or s**w.

Still raining and very windy here but looking at the radar, it looks to be clearing into the North Sea. And the North Sea can keep it! :)

• Like 2

Posted

I hope the weather is dry for the middle of next week. My niece is moving and it wouldn't be great in the wet or s**w.

Still raining and very windy here but looking at the radar, it looks to be clearing into the North Sea. And the North Sea can keep it! Posted Image

I am glad you said that as nobody else mentioned the storm we had in the middle of last night here so i was thinking either i imagined it or it was very localised! There were strong wind gusts which woke me and even now the wind is gusting very strongly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Will it or won't it snow tomorrow?Not unless you live on a mountain in the Southeast. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Hi Ian - I'm not trying to guide anyone, I'm no more special than anyone elsePosted Image  Its a thread where any of us have the opportunity if we wish to give an opinion on the weather aheadPosted Image . Its not a competition, or about right or wrong, as much as it shouldn't be on the MOD thread either, and I have done with that thread anyway.

And this is exactly the type of thing posted in the MOD thread directed at me over the last few weeks that makes me leavePosted Image

If CanadianCoops wants to pierce his left nut, Tamara, let him go ahead and do it. 

I really do despair at the level of aggression and all-round chippiness displayed by some in the MOD thread at times.  Can only reiterate what everyone else has said on this much more civilised forum - PLEASE don't stop posting over there. Let the sweaty, pre-pubescent schoolboys jostle for position - hopefully you can calmly rise above it and show them for what they really are. I think quite a few of us have given up on that thread this year - here is a much more pleasant place to be, but Tamara's posts IMO are of huge educational value for those who are serious about learning more about the science behind the weather. I can understand them, anyway!

Anyway, if the moderator wants to delete these comments, that's fair enough as I appreciate we need to move on - sorry, didn't see that post until I had already sent this one.

Edited by kate1
  • Like 8

Posted

Will it or won't it snow tomorrow?Not unless you live on a mountain in the Southeast. 

is shooters hill high enough? :D

morning all. bright and breezy here. not got a clue what the weathers like outside though :D

will we?/wont we? seems to be the topic of the day. not convinced of the "winters over" pundits though. seem to remember a snowy March last year.... :D

Posted

the other major ramper Yamkin not been seen so not happening lol

Exactly, he would be on here all excited saying Croydon council have received info off the met office for heavy snow, not gonna happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

that mod thread is terrible,i have to put on full body armour before entering,all arguing cos someones said its not going to snow etc,much nicer in here,even nicer now that the rain has gone,bursts into song,and the sun is out,hope spring springs up early,sorry.id love snow but after an eternity of autumn,im ready for some warmth and dryness.have a good day all.

• Like 5

Posted

Well, the met has relaxed it snow threat from most of this area, so, as you were folks. Put the sledges back in the sheds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Do you think we should warn the people in Wales there is a big yellow blob going to land on them .....

post-10773-0-72190500-1393500726_thumb.j

It's actually the area 'at risk' of seeing any snow ..... So a downgrade what a surprise - not that I was ever expecting to see any significant snowfall here !

The area most likely to see anything is the mountainous central and Southern parts of Wales and perhaps some far Western parts of the West Midlands, with the timing looking like snow is most likely to fall between midnight tonight and 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

So unlikely that we will be seeing the snow event that is currently being portrayed by the media......the London Evening Standard, Daily Mirror and Meridian News are all reporting that 'experts' are warning of snow for London and the south east - Meanwhile the Daily Excess is forecasting the UK to be blanketed in 8 inches of snow - The Daily Star are forecasting a mini heat wave for spring so that's ok then !

• Like 4

Posted

Do you think we should warn the people in Wales there is a big yellow blob going to land on them ..... 

looks like the sun is only shining on Wales then :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Slushy Deposits for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, West Berkshire & Milton Keynes

Rain will turn to snow for a time, mainly over the high ground during Friday morning. Over low ground it is unlikely that any snow will accumulate but some areas may see falling snow and slushy deposits for a time.

The public are advised to be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel especially during the Friday morning rush hour.

Issued at:

1100 on Thu 27 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid to:

1500 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

An area of low pressure is expected to move eastwards on Friday. There remains some uncertainty in its track and therefore on the risk and location of any snow.

This warning will be kept under review and the public are advised to keep up to date with the forecast and warnings.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yellow Warning of Slushy Deposits for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, West Berkshire & Milton Keynes

Rain will turn to snow for a time, mainly over the high ground during Friday morning. Over low ground it is unlikely that any snow will accumulate but some areas may see falling snow and slushy deposits for a time.

The public are advised to be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel especially during the Friday morning rush hour.

Issued at:

1100 on Thu 27 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid to:

1500 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

An area of low pressure is expected to move eastwards on Friday. There remains some uncertainty in its track and therefore on the risk and location of any snow.

This warning will be kept under review and the public are advised to keep up to date with the forecast and warnings.

Probably will end up with rain in London as usual , it's 13.5 at the moment and sunny. Further down ground for tomorrow expected.Posted Image

Posted

......... and also as AJ says, we can now return to discussing the usual every day things...with a weather related flavour of course!Posted Image

Will it snow in London? :D :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

@Tamara.....I can't wait until you're posting that there are massive thunder storms on the way. :D

Ah bliss. Warm, sunny days and stormy nights with refreshing rain and lovely, fresh smells, and dripping, green leaves and..........I'll shut up now and get back to packing. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Hi all. Lovely sunshine here which is why I have been a bit absent. Enjoying playing with the dog in the garden and not sodden mud!

Tamara I am so saddened to read this post. It is so disheartening when people have to make personal insult to people on forums. After all, a weather forum is one of the very few with topics which are very difficult to get right. Anyone who can't see that really isn't learning anything. I have joined forums with other subject matters as the main topics of conversation, and some people are just so damn nasty because they hide behind the screen. I am not a prolific poster here - been a member for many years - I am not very clever with weather, but I think it's awful that personalities get in the way rather than enrich the forum tapestry.  

I remember being part of a car forum on the internet some years ago. We all got on fine online and we arranged to meet for a Christmas meal. 40 people sat in virtual silence around tables in a pub til someone piped up "I think we need to have brought our computers with us so we can talk to each other". Unfortunately, that meeting also showed that people judged books and covers and the forum fell to pieces with snide arguments a few months afterwards.

Sorry, I don't usually speak out much on here, but I just wish people would stop what is, in effect, cyber bullying.

Keep writing Tamara and everyone else on this section. I have learnt a lot this Winter by all your posts - ramped or not - and to lose out on this valuable knowledge would be a travesty.

As you were Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

excellent news,glad tamara is staying in the regionals

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

thursday 27th February 2014

YELLOW WARNING of SNOW for south and central Wales, western and central parts of The Midlands and western England.

Rain will turn to snow for a time, mainly over the high ground during Friday morning. Over low ground it is unlikely that any snow will accumulate but some areas may see falling snow and slushy deposits for a time.The public are advised to be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel especially during the Friday morning rush hour.

Valid 0005 to 1200 Friday.

what about the south east?