Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/462046/Winter-is-NOT-OVER-Eight-inches-of-snow-to-hit-UK-this-weekend-in-ferocious-final-freeze

have a look at the comment on the bottom of the link above ( the one at 12.22am)

classic Posted Image

now im gone nite all

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi JP, don't understand why that post hasn't been removed and pretty disheartened to see 6 people like it, including a regular poster on this regional threadPosted Image

Totally agree Ian, and have reported it again, why we are still able to view it, beats me!

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Posted

Hi JP, don't understand why that post hasn't been removed and pretty disheartened to see 6 people like it, including a regular poster on this regional threadPosted Image

A regular poster since joining less than 2 months ago.

Obviously we all have to start somewhere and newcomcomers are always welcome but sometimes it pays to guage the 'feel' of a forum before flooding it with posts. Posted Image

• Like 4

Totally agree Ian, and have reported it again, why we are still able to view it, beats me!

Tom.

I would hope that if a good number of people report this it gets removed from the forum!!!.

Temperature here 6.7c and it must be raining as my new weather device, (the cat) has come in with wet feet.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, I think Tam should keep posting in here, after all we need her long post on the weather to counteract my garbage. I think unfortunately ok fortunately my contributions will have too start to decrease as work is getting to much at present, so I will be cutting back on the length of my off topic posts. I find this early period from around 5 to 7 in the morning to be great for getting work done, the phone dosen't ring and the emails have generally been answered, so I get some thinking / designing time. It looks like I going to get 3 major projects over the next year to design / contract, 1 is bad enough 3 will be horrendous. I will try to pop in every day and do a quick little bit, but if I can't manage it, then I'm sure you understand.

Its dark out in dirty Dartford, but the sound of rain on the window wasn't what I was expecting this morning. Have a good day everyone.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, wet start to the day here.

Oh man, what happened after I went to bed. There is just no need for stuff like that in the model discussion thread. Tamara road, I always read and respect your posts and viewpoints and are usually very close to the mark. It's a big loss to the thread to lose you, still if you continue to post here then we still get to read your insights and it's the MAD threads loss :D

• Like 7

Posted

Told them

What I thought in the mod thread no doubt I will get told

Off

Oh well

Life's to short Posted Image

Nice one SL   You tell em. Congrats btw :) Sincerely hope and dont think Tamara will leave despite the rudeness. Her in depth posts are  brilliant and well thought out and I enjoy reading them. We are lucky to have quite a few gems of posters in our manor.Posted Image  In the MAD Posted Image thread a few antgonistic posters Posted Image dont post in there atm, but a few who only post for reaction still remain unfortunately.Posted Image

Oh and its wet here.Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something different!

The MOD is generally not a nice place. It actually deters many less knowledgeable people from posting anything.

• Like 5

Posted

Only a rare poster on here but reading through the last few pages, I think I stumbled upon a St Tamara Love in campaign. Looking at the offending post, yes I can see that it could be viewed as a personal attack but (and this is where I get shot down)

1) I think someone who complains about the MOD thread (ts a moan anyway) and threathening to withdraw from it shouldnt complain if someone in effect agrees !

2) The rutting references have been done before - tbh i've no idea where that comes from

Nothing personal but its been pages of all this just because a member says they are not going to post in a certain thread - the world goes on  and so should others

Posted

Only a rare poster on here but reading through the last few pages, I think I stumbled upon a St Tamara Love in campaign. Looking at the offending post, yes I can see that it could be viewed as a personal attack but (and this is where I get shot down)

1) I think someone who complains about the MOD thread (ts a moan anyway) and threathening to withdraw from it shouldnt complain if someone in effect agrees !

2) The rutting references have been done before - tbh i've no idea where that comes from

Nothing personal but its been pages of all this just because a member says they are not going to post in a certain thread - the world goes on  and so should others

I did see you "liked" the post ??

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted

Well what a nasty place the mod thread is now.

Tam your place in this thread is held in very high esteem. I often look for one of your informative posts on here. Just have a very nice summer oh and spring and remember that despite the utter numpties on the mod thread u do bring a very level headed answer to all the questions posed by us illinformed people. I am a weather enthusiast and it helps me immensely when you post, that I am able to understand a little more.

Sorry cobbett not meaning to moan but point to that post above was....

And well done SL took the words right out of my mouth..

Now some weather, must say walking to station that was the coldest most miserable rain of the whole winter. It was cold and hurt my forehead

Have a good day peeps

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Hello all - again another ‘lurker’ but the recent events as such that I feel I would like to put up ‘a’ view(s):

1) SE Thread is by far the most balanced with educational posts (especially to a novice like myself)

2) I have wandered the other threads/topics and can , without hesitation, (but obviously only as my own opinion), say that this Regional Area (SE) is very entertaining and not full of obtrusive views/opinions

3) With regards to Tam - again only as a personal view but looking in from afar - it is obvious that Tam is passionate about meteorology and is very intelligent both in her research/knowledge - I see a lot of the retorts/posts not only to Tam’s posts but also others who are of the same elk - that are obviously displaying frustration that there has not been ‘one’ component, ‘SNOW’, closely followed being intimidated by Tam and her intellect.  

4) Turning a negative into a positive - the SE thread/section, I feel would be best suited to Tam and I think the community and Tam would be like ‘Strawberries and Cream’

Now before I get slated for 23,000 word post I would like to finish with thanks to the Ladies and Gents in this SE section and commend you all for entertaining posts and a great atmosphere. Posted Image 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Please, please do NOT bring the petty, school playground squabbling of the MOD thread onto this one. It's utterly ridiculous. We are ALL here because we have an interest in the weather. Some are more knowledgable than others and when they post, what some perceive to be, long and involved posts, ok, fine. That's good IMO as it gives me, a beginner something to learn from.

Tamara and others are valuable members of the forums and their posts are welcomed by many of us on here. And I don't suppose any of them would wish to be bestowed with a halo......very uncomfortable to lug around I'm told. :)

It's still raining anyway. :O

• Like 6

Morning peeps..

This is my morning so far on my way into work..

1) Nearly in a crash, thanks to mums quick response and ABS brakes we managed to touch bumpers and no damage done thanks to some woman not concentrating.. (I don't mean to sound sexist but it usually is woman not concentrating or chatting away, she was on the phone)

2) London trains are fu53d! 

3) Witnessed a crash on the walk from the station to work..

All in all.. DAMN!

Anyway, why are we chasing snow? No need.. Spring is coming.. pics showing frog spawn already, blossom on trees daffs out even saw a bumble bee the other day.. Anybody wishing cold and snow now im confused it would cause major economic and environmental damage :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, can we draw a line under what happened last night/earlier on this morning....The site team are well aware of what's been occuring and are on the case....Posts have been reported and moved from the appropriate threads....Onwards and upwards as they say Posted Image

So then, are you guys going to see any snow tomorrow??

• Like 6