Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Goodluck SL36 :)

dry here again, after recent events that is also amazing.

• Like 1

Posted

heres the 96 fax chart

Posted Image

gusty south west veering north west later wind

plenty of precipitation showing on that chart

will feel cold as well

holding this though as the low is positioned further south than the other charts

still waiting the 120 chart

heres the precipitation ensemble chart from ecm 12z run

Posted Image

i reckon we would all jump on that at present

looks wet and windy on there.

good post as always JP

Posted

looks wet and windy on there.

good post as always JP

hi jax

thanks

thinking 28th onwards there as looks dry

hopefully

Posted

Posted Image

cold north west wind and fairly strong

very cold flow

looks dry but not convinced re 96 at present so will update these tomorrow night

Posted

Was looking at other stufff, if you can promise me me dry I will take it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

That's the one my husband noticed. I know it was fairly recent.

The most spectacular one was in Athens. We'd messed up our flight home from Syros and stayed overnight in the multi-storey hotel. I was just drifting off to sleep, about 6 floors up when I felt the rumbling tremor - just one - lasting about 10 seconds - I thought a heavy lorry had gone past but then thought "Don't be silly you wouldn't notice that 6 floors up". No one else had noticed a thing the next morning at breakfast and we flew home.

We'd been home about 36 hours when Athens was hit by a massive quake - it was in August 1999. So I felt very lucky, but wished I'd said something as a few people were killed and there was a lot of damage.

You were indeed lucky you flew home when you did! But the sad thing is that even if you had told people what you felt, it wouldn't have been able to stop those fatalities. 

My first experience of a quake was in 1976 when living in Vancouver.  My parents were over visiting me and during their visit I was woken one night by what felt like someone standing at the foot of my bed and violently shaking it up and down.  I thought I was having a bad dream, turned over and went back to sleep!  Next morning they asked if I'd felt the earthquake.  My Mother had experienced several growing up in Italy.  It was the main news item the following morning because the West End of the city was full of high rises and apparently they were swaying. That's how I immediately recognised what was happening that night in Suffolk.

Found this from "The History of Metropolitan Vancouver"

May 16 An earthquake jolted southwestern BC and adjacent Washington State, a 5.3 Richter-scale fracture 70 kilometres below Pender Island. “It knocked people from their beds in White Rock, cut electrical services in Richmond and South Vancouver, and on the Sechelt Peninsula, and sent residents of West End highrises screaming into the halls as the building swayed for 30 seconds.†This is also the year the Pacific Geoscience Centre was created.

Very still and cloudy tonight *my weather input*

• Like 2

Posted

hi jax

yeh the fax looks wet

lets hope the ops on ecm and gfs at 12z today were getting it right

not convinced on the 96 fax tonight so see what tomorrow brings now Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Really enjoyed the sun today. Spent quite a bit of time in the garden with a stir crazy dog, playing football with him. It is so nice not to come in caked in mud for a changed.

OH and I contemplating how much of the sunroom can be put back in order tomorrow. Just smells so damp in there. Still we have been extraordinarily lucky. We had no power cuts here or appreciable damage all Winter. Most people in Surrey I have spoken to have at least had a power cut.

Spent the morning just cleaning and washing up Posted Image  but spent a lovely late afternoon/evening watching an old comedy series called Romany Jones from 1974 & 5 with OH.

Now I think I must get some zeds as I am yawning away whilst typing Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Took the children with hubby to cinema today to watch Lego the movie was fun ! Trying to keep my life as normal as possible atm as on Tuesday I am going for a small op and to be told if I have cancer or not or more tests ! I was hoping after the last 3 yrs we have had with family health issues we could move on ... Anyway today was about building memories with my family Posted Image

Chilly here tonight ( my weather input )

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping the results are negative. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

off to bed now folks

work tomorrow

goodnight all Posted Image

Night John boy, night all Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
Posted · Hidden by abruzzi spur, February 23, 2014 - not much weather in it!
Hidden by abruzzi spur, February 23, 2014 - not much weather in it!

Night all, 8.3c here, like the early hours of a deep summer's night.

Spotify Premium fired up and ready to go - could be a long one......

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just catching up with posts, at this ungodly hour.

Just to add my best wishes too for Snowlady on Tuesday. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Just catching up with posts, at this ungodly hour.

Just to add my best wishes too for Snowlady on Tuesday. Posted Image

Same here, at an even more ungodly hour.

Very best wishes to Snowlady for Tuesday.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

What a brilliant regional thread this is, just in these 4 pages alone you got short masterpieces from AS, Alixandra, you got snowy lady battles with ill health (and I would like to add my best wishes for Tuesday and ultimately a successful outcome) you got J P with his weather analysis, its makes it a pleasure getting up early to read these heart felt pieces.

AS you should write that story, just pick a story and go for it, you say that's the hard part, I always thought that, but as the old saying goes everyone got a novel inside us. I have and I know that I should be penning it now, but work won't allow it. Some 16 odd years ago my father wrote a short story about his life history, unfortunately missing out his wars years in Burma, he was a far better wordsmith than I, and I want to convert this into a novel and extend the length to include my life, perhaps altering things here and there to make it more interesting, there enough material for a couple of novels, all about the trials and tribulations of a working class family, living in dirty Dartford, who have advanced out of the slums and the lowest scum life imaginable to become well I suppose working class. I am fast running out of time, you young man are not, just do us all a favour and go for it, enjoy the experience, and do something that you and your children will be proud off for the rest of your / theirs lives. Sorry that came out as a bit of a lecture, it wasn't meant too.

I think I better mention the weather, its dry, damp and dreary in dirty Dartford, oh how I wish I didn't have to keep typing those words, I'm and the wife are that depressed by this dreadful dismal winter that we have decided to book 2015 holiday shortly, so we have been looking through an online cruise Boucher, its hers favourite cruise line (and mine by a mile, boy you get well and truly pampered, the crew are fantastic) seeing all those lovely white ships sailing around the Mediterranean make me wish I could jump on a plane today and fly away to some white sandy beach, but no, I must wait until next summer, but for now I shall just daydream of the fine food, the free flowing wine and beer and the nice people you meet over a long evening meal, of the sun kissed bald heads and those white topped waves. Think I better stop now. Have a great day and make sure you enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted

Morning all

Greetings CK, glad too see your back to early posts (you should never skip brekfast (like I do))

Good luck SL for Tuesday.

Will charge the car and take a wander to the next village later.

Looks dry and benign out, whilst light it is not bright, dry but quite windy it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Grey and dreary and quite a gusty start to the day here. Am sitting in bed watching the trees blowing in the wind, wishing I had got all the outdoor jobs done yesterday.

Yesterday's bright sunshine seems a distant memory. It is amazing how a beautiful spring like day like yesterday has the ability to lift the spirits.

All good wishes for you Snowlady for Tuesday. Positive good thoughts for the best of outcomes for you and your family.

• Like 2

Posted

My snowdrops, crocus and daffs are out, spring is sprung?

whilst in the kitchen making a cuppa watched the crows harass the local red kite.

• Like 3

Posted

10.7oC already here, but remains breezy and overcast, good news is it is still dry.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull, drizzly and chilly here in Ippy. Just heard what sounded like gunshots somewhere about, and pretty close. The gulls first alerted me to something going on, they were going crazy. Hope it's not a crazed gunman. (I really must stop watching CI programmes) :D

Best wishes to SL for Tuesday. Hope it all goes well for you. And hope you have a fab holiday, Steve.

Did you know......a famous publishing house has rejected the new book by a disillusioned vet. It's called 'All Creatures Grunt and Smell' :D

Have a good day, everyone.

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 6