Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

You must have darned good eyesight!Posted Image

Quite the opposite, but Bognor Regis have thoughtfully provided one of the best quality live webcams right there on the South Coast Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon all!  It's been raining here all day and hasn't let up.  I've been soaked through twice and covered in mud.  Stoopid idea to go trekking across the fields. It's currently 5.3c here and I've had the heating on all day.  First time in ages, but can't seem to get warm. Happy birthday today to MPfreeUK. Keraunophile have you found a place now?  I see you are packing up to go.  I hope it dries up a little for your move and for your niece next week, too.  Well thanks goodness it's Friday.  Have a good rest of the day everyone, whatever the weather. :)

No, Chilly, I'm staying with Linda until she sorts things out then I'm shipping out back to sunny Naarich. :) Must sort out Broadband as well or I won't be able to come here (NW) and that would NEVER do. Can you have Broadband without a phone? Must find out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Looks like the last night of winter is going to be the coldest we have seen,

My location is expected to dip to -1.4c, beating my previous minimum of -1c and my local weather stations minimum of -1.3c.

Winter is going out with a bang, a little cold one Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Certainly not 8 inches but some 'sloppy accumulations' on the Brecon Beacons.....

post-10773-0-46858300-1393598959_thumb.j

http://www.beacons-npa.gov.uk/pages/livewebcams

• Like 1

Posted

Despite the temperature being at 7c, it really doesn't feel like it for some reason. Mrs stun12 just complained about having cold legs so the woodburner's on now. It was very rainy overnight, and I almost got caught in a shower on the way back from the doggie mudbath, but otherwise it's been dry. Up until now, he says looking out of the window. It's dark out to the west of us apparently, though bright to the east.

Lovely rainbow first thing this morning. Couldn't quite get to the beginnings of some cherry blossom on one of our trees as foreground for it, but you can see a fossilised spade in the border which has been sulking there since last time we could actually dig in the clay. October, I think it was.

post-11069-0-28135600-1393599483_thumb.j

post-11069-0-74504200-1393599486_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Looks like the last night of winter is going to be the coldest we have seen,

My location is expected to dip to -1.4c, beating my previous minimum of -1c and my local weather stations minimum of -1.3c.

Winter is going out with a bang, a little cold one Posted Image

i was under the impression temps would dip close to freezing inland (1 or 2c) and a little higher towards east/se coasts where cloud lingers (3 or 4c)

Further west, where clouds clear, looks like it could dip below freezing

Edited by Suburban Streamer
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

i was under the impression temps would dip close to freezing inland (1 or 2c) and a little higher towards east/se coasts where cloud lingers (3 or 4c)

Further west, where clouds clear, looks like it could dip below freezing

Sorry, disregard my last post, I've just noticed that I had the wrong location entered into the GFS 16 day forecast! Posted Image

Min temp overnight here is 0.9c lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Horrible here in MK, dark, been pouring with rain all day and in the last 10 mins we've been getting heavy rain with small hailstones mixed in. I thought it was sleet at first.

Posted

No, Chilly, I'm staying with Linda until she sorts things out then I'm shipping out back to sunny Naarich. Posted Image Must sort out Broadband as well or I won't be able to come here (NW) and that would NEVER do. Can you have Broadband without a phone? Must find out.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.  I have no idea if you can have broadband without a phone.  I would have thought you would need a line into the property though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

What a very cold, damp and miserable day (weather wise) it has been, was looking to go to the near by lakes tomorrow but suspect this rain will just make it worse again ground condition wise, I have walking boots not wellingtons, oh well, see what conditions are like in the morning as this rain has been going all day (no sleet or snow that I saw/noticed).

No, Chilly, I'm staying with Linda until she sorts things out then I'm shipping out back to sunny Naarich. Posted Image Must sort out Broadband as well or I won't be able to come here (NW) and that would NEVER do. Can you have Broadband without a phone? Must find out.

As your going to Norwich, the answer is "yes you can" if you go with Virgin Media Posted Image , you will end up with the superhub 2 (I am hanging on to my old Ambit 256 moden and Netgear router for as long as I can as I have a lot of custom configurations in it) which defaults to the latest wifi, but that is easy to change if your lappy is not type N.

Just make sure anywhere you go is cabled up to the property first.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted

Horrible here in MK, dark, been pouring with rain all day and in the last 10 mins we've been getting heavy rain with small hailstones mixed in. I thought it was sleet at first.

Hi SJ - I noticed that as well and also the surface water on the grid roads - just come back via CMK and the road conditions were really bad !

Posted

This continued wet weather seems to only make the lunar surface, sorry roads here even worse Posted Image

Posted

Thought I was seeing snow on the Dunstable Downs web cam but think it's the bad resolutionPosted Image

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dunstable-hang-gliding-and-paragliding-club

Or your bad eyesight ;-)
  • Like 1

Posted

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Hampshire, West Berkshire, Oxfordshire & Southampton

The public should be aware that icy patches are expected on paved surfaces on Friday night and Saturday morning.

Issued at:

1619 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid from:

2300 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid to:

0800 on Sat 1 Mar 2014

Following the clearance of rain this evening, road surface temperatures will fall below zero to bring the risk of ice.

• Like 2

Posted

Just looked out and it just may have stopped raining here Posted Image

So my quick dash to the corner shop may be on (well why get cold and wet unless you have to?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it's been raining all day. Goodbye winter 2013/14, you will not be missed.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Rained on commute in and raining on commute home ! And it's cold and there are some odd people on my train. It's like the Star Wars bar. Or the scene in airplane movie where the plane goes supersonic and all the passengers temporarily look like Ronald regan!

Such a long post. Still raining.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Just looked out and it just may have stopped raining here Posted Image

So my quick dash to the corner shop may be on (well why get cold and wet unless you have to?)

Jax have you been to the bins yet tonight?!! Some big pools of water here. Looks like a good night to remain under a roof. Said someone called Ruth!!
  • Like 2

Posted

Jax have you been to the bins yet tonight?!! Some big pools of water here. Looks like a good night to remain under a roof. Said someone called Ruth!!

Not to the bins yet (later maybe) have been to the shop though and yes there is quite a bit of water down on the paths and roads here, threat of ice for the morning if it all does freeze as predicted.

• Like 1

Posted

Spring next weekend, so a little bird told me, temps of 15c and sunny.

I hope you are right Lassie, I'd be happy with anything mild and dry ! post-10773-0-01000400-1393613116_thumb.j