Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all, and happy last day of the Metrological winter Posted Image

post-10773-0-08842100-1393578049_thumb.p

Some Rain, sleet and even snow on the radar swirling round the low pressure in the Channel earlier but a predictable non event here. Last nights frost has been replaced by rain but no evidence of snow, expecting precipitation of some sort most of today.

Well done to those of you who managed to see the Northern Lights in Essex and Norfolk last night....who would have thought that was possible !!

http://news.sky.com/story/1218656/northern-lights-aurora-borealis-illuminate-uk

• Like 1

Posted

In fairness Biggin I did go a bit further than that in my post - never good to assume people know stuff, not in my profession anyway!

I have used this site before for other issues This is their Council Tax forum http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?260-Council-Tax-Issues

• Like 4

Posted

sitting in the car its 6.5c with cold rain

Put the roof up ..... (I didn't know you drove a convertible)  Posted Image

Posted

An impressive image from Severe Weather Europe of the low pressure system affecting southern areas.....

post-10773-0-98466800-1393580007_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Can we please all boo and hiss the winter like a pantomime villain as it leaves the building tonight.

Worst winter ever.

And just to keep on topic it's cold grey and miserable in Epping this morning, and I got soaked after dropping the car off for it's service this morning which will no doubt lead to open wallet surgery later in the day

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.Posted Image.

It's brightening up a touch here after a spell  of heavy rain earlier. Following my daily fix of the Bognore Regis webcam and with another 20 minutes to high tide I'm quite suprised how lively it looks down there.

Happy Poets day one and all.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning BB morning all,

Miserable out there today as expected....no Snow as expected. Inner ear infection......didnt expect that one but its nasty. On the plus side i feel like im drunk without touching a drop....

I think im going to go home half day today and pop a couple of pills. Have a good day all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Final post from me today. This thread proves what a boost it can be for people and I can sure can appreciate and agree with thatPosted Image  Who needs a chat/gossip room which truly lives up to its name and reveals too easily who really is/isn't trustworthy..

On the subject of hair and associated weather blown wildness, there is nothing like some styling therapy to revitalise tired locks that have lived in too many Accessorise scrunchies for far too long Posted Image  PS - there is an excellent stylist lady from Hayes who visits the Bromley/Chis(el) hurst and surrounding areas. Even worth a drive from Hastings !!Posted Image Posted Image

100% agree with all those thoughts Tams, the great majority of the time this Forum is a place where a community spirit shines through, at times when members are having a tough phase in their personal lives, it's a shame there are a few who seem to want to troll and gossip but fortunately they are in a tiny minority. Posted Image

Btw, next time you visit this excellent stylist from Hayes (aka Sidcup) Posted Image, could you please put together a doggy bag of your cast-offs for me, I'll have to dye them first of course..........before I eat them! Posted Image Seriously, I need all the help I can get now. Posted Image 

In weather news, clouds are moving from the east, here in Chislehurst, I'm so excited I could throw a street party! Posted Image 

Anyway, work beckons, does 5.30 count as a Non-Poets day?

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

I hope all is well with you all.  Going back reading over the posts the past couple of days I am pleased to hear your biopsy op went well snowlady36 and the results should be nothing to worry about.  Tamara, sorry to hear you had a time of it the other night in the MAD thread - don't let a minority on this forum stop you from posting.

Keraunophile, I hope the house move goes smoothly.

As for the weather - it's been lovely the past couple of days as a whole, really felt spring was round the corner.  Today it's horrible, cold and damp.  On the positive side, it is Friday and the weekend is nearly upon us Posted Image

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

What a horrid day!

• Like 1

Posted

Can we please all boo and hiss the winter like a pantomime villain as it leaves the building tonight.

Worst winter ever.

I'm getting pretty fed up with all this dull, overcast and wet weather now – it’s rained on and off throughout the morning here with occasional splodgey bits at times in the heavier bursts of rain.

post-10773-0-02738700-1393586466_thumb.p

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Drizzly rain here, the kind that soaks you to your 'linen' if you're out in it long enough. :) And it's dull and quite chilly.

I know many of you are glad to see the back of the meteorological winter, but I've enjoyed it (am I in a minority here?) I've enjoyed the strong winds immensely. I love it like that. But now I'm looking forward to Spring/Summer and some good, old fashioned thunder storms. You know, the kind that makes even hardened storm lovers run for cover. :D

Thanks for that, Snow Raven. We are getting packed up quite nicely. Van and carpet cleaners booked and some painting touch-up jobs to be done. (Guess who's doing those?) :)

Hope everyone is ok and if you DO have some snow flurries, enjoy. Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Meso, try really hard not to let a judgment be entered against you.  If you can come to an instalment arrangement then go for it, but try to make sure the arrangement is not on the basis that they can immediately enter judgment against you if you default. Get some help from the CAB or an Advice Centre.  If you have a judgment entered this is bad news as will damage your credit rating for years to come. 

AS

I have used this site before for other issues This is their Council Tax forum http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?260-Council-Tax-Issues

Thank you so much guys, I rang up CAB and he said ring them because I probably wont have to pay it and turns out since I am not actually living there I am exempt from paying council tax on the property because the rest of the house occupants are students!I really appreciate the help, I am now feeling light ass a cloud. You would have thought the clouds would be feeling lighter after the amount of rain they have been putting down recently., apparently they had a few thousand metric tons more than a few pounds to shed.

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all!  It's been raining here all day and hasn't let up.  I've been soaked through twice and covered in mud.  Stoopid idea to go trekking across the fields.

It's currently 5.3c here and I've had the heating on all day.  First time in ages, but can't seem to get warm.

Happy birthday today to MPfreeUK. Keraunophile have you found a place now?  I see you are packing up to go.  I hope it dries up a little for your move and for your niece next week, too. 

Well thanks goodness it's Friday.  Have a good rest of the day everyone, whatever the weather. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Afternoon all. Currently sitting in Sainsbury's car park East Grinstead in a hail storm.

That is all.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the rainfall radar I'm not suprised to see the reports of frequent rain just a few miles to the north of my location, whilst here it has been dry for several hours and quite bright at times.

Iv'e just been watching the fishing boats being hauled a few feet further up the beach at Bognor following this mornings high tide, not overly suprised having watched it this morning. The things you watch when you're housebound eh ?  Knocks spots off daytime tv though that's for sure.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Looking at the rainfall radar I'm not suprised to see the reports of frequent rain just a few miles to the north of my location, whilst here it has been dry for several hours and quite bright at times.

Iv'e just been watching the fishing boats being hauled a few feet further up the beach at Bognor following this mornings high tide, not overly suprised having watched it this morning. The things you watch when you're housebound eh ?  Knocks spots off daytime tv though that's for sure.Posted Image

You must have darned good eyesight!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Fields are starting to flood which is consequently flooding the roads here yet again.

• Like 1

Posted

Hope everyone is ok and if you DO have some snow flurries, enjoy. Have a good day everyone. Posted Image

I wish, just more splodgey rain here not even any sloppy accumulations has anyone in this region actually seen any sleet/wet snow today?

This was always going to be very marginal and isolated stuff with most places seeing rain and the highest risk of anything wintry being over hills - I did see some photos of snow on the Brecon Beacons this morning but you would expect it there !

There may be the chance to see the Northern Lights again tonight so it may be worth following this....

https://twitter.com/aurorawatchuk

….there will be more cloud across south east England and East Anglia tonight though so I would think it unlikely !

It would be nice to get something dry and warmer for next weekend; Mr P and I are going awa to the Cotswolds for a romantic break (I think that’s the correct term for a ‘clean’ weekend) Posted Image 

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Well my nearest thermometer is saying that the dew point is -0.3, must be broken. The air temperature is at +5.2C, really is grim!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I could not be placed more on the edge of that rain. Dark to my south and watching the rain just skirting me! Bone dry here, whilst 5 miles south it's drenched!