Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

ah yes, the R8 *drools....* ahem, sorry. A3 is nice. Actually I'm quite fond of all Audis. Got the start stop system in my Cooper S. Switch it off most of the time to be honest, especially around town as it just becomes annoying (sorry Greenpeace). Weather: bit chilly out.

Had a cooper (expensive little blighters) before the Audi, and then a BMW coupe, rear wheel drive, without the traction control enabled was fun for drifting, but useless in any wet/cold weather (as RWD is).  Grew up on a car lot, so a bit of a petrol head  (my dads).  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had a cooper (expensive little blighters) before the Audi, and then a BMW coupe, rear wheel drive, without the traction control enabled was fun for drifting, but useless in any wet/cold weather (as RWD is).  Grew up on a car lot, so a bit of a petrol head  (my dads).  

I can only dream, all I have is a Kia Posted Image

Might stay up until past midnight to see whether turning off the street lights reveals anything special. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

normal person :p

errr have a car :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

just seen the time and I must go bed

night all

Posted

right all

going to flick off for now

goodnight all Posted Image

john

may have a peak out late tonight to see if its raining Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

normal person Posted Image

errr have a car Posted Image

Sorry Jax for my car rants, went round the top gear track last year in a Ferrari 430 with some pretty fierce wind gusts.  But I digress, 1.7 degrees here currently and off to bed :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well lights are off and I can see nothing.

On another note there is frost on the cars outside. Off to bed now. Goodnight :)

Posted

Same here - there are still some streetlights on on my street directly North of me so unless I go back out in the car (which I can't be arsed to cos I'm tired and it's freezing out!) I can't see anything. Can't see anything from the back garden either.

Very lively weather over Guernsey at the moment on the radar!

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted

It got down to 2.0c before the rain arrived, now up to 3.5c so no hill snow

Posted

Morning all, Audis must be to popular, been lucky with my selections must have had about 6 in a row, started with an A4 now progressed to an A7 a beautiful old mans car, only trouble with it is when the rear spoilers up, the police know you have hit 85 mph, mine obviously have never risen from the boot lid. My boy describes the A7 as an armchair on wheels.

Raining hard here in dirty Dartford. Got an horrendous day today, next week, well all I can say is blow it, if I can't get all the work done, then the food industry will be struggling in 2015 and I just hope this summer ain't going to hot. Have a great POETS day, enjoy your weekend, and feel sorry for me on Sunday as I have to go to a wedding fair at Leeds castle, what have I done wrong to deserve that.

• Like 1

Posted

Light rain here, nothing of note at the moment, no snow (surprise surprise)

Posted

feel sorry for me on Sunday as I have to go to a wedding fair at Leeds castle, what have I done wrong to deserve that.

That's a shame, Leeds castle is lovely but not for a wedding fair, that's a good day out ruined! 4.5c here, quite bright. Despite living quite close to the mighty Reigate Hill there is no 8 inches of snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Is there going to be a big blizzard later? I feel like I am stuck in groundhog day, to be fair I probably will step in a huge puddle if I go outside as its been so wet recently!!

I have not been very active recently as I have been trying to sort out my work situation and my living situation, Southampton City council are demanding I pay £1000 council tax by tomorrow! Which is fun considering I make less than 10% of that a month because of the 0 hour contract I am on with my work not giving out much work because its getting near the end of their budget term. I am going to ring them up and beg them to give me a full reduction considering I have no money and I don't even live in the same county any more. I am a private candidate which doesn't mean anything if you owe tax apparently! 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Funnily enough we're considering getting an A3 or new Mazda 3.

• Like 1

Posted

Is there going to be a big blizzard later? I feel like I am stuck in groundhog day, to be fair I probably will step in a huge puddle if I go outside as its been so wet recently!!

I have not been very active recently as I have been trying to sort out my work situation and my living situation, Southampton City council are demanding I pay £1000 council tax by tomorrow! Which is fun considering I make less than 10% of that a month because of the 0 hour contract I am on with my work not giving out much work because its getting near the end of their budget term. I am going to ring them up and beg them to give me a full reduction considering I have no money and I don't even live in the same county any more. I am a private candidate which doesn't mean anything if you owe tax apparently! 

. Also contact CAB.

Brightening up here for a while atm

Edited for giving naff info :)

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Meso, try really hard not to let a judgment be entered against you.  If you can come to an instalment arrangement then go for it, but try to make sure the arrangement is not on the basis that they can immediately enter judgment against you if you default. Get some help from the CAB or an Advice Centre.  If you have a judgment entered this is bad news as will damage your credit rating for years to come. 

AS

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

cold and dry here. No Aurorararoarroa last night. I've seen it twice as far south as this, the first time back in 1990 when it was visible as far south as northern Italy.

As for cars, rear wheel drive is great, 4 wheel drive is better. But front wheel drive is far cheaper to build which is why its the norm for the last 30 years

Edited by legrandefromage

Posted

Er good point as.

In fairness Biggin I did go a bit further than that in my post - never good to assume people know stuff, not in my profession anyway!

Posted

That's a shame, Leeds castle is lovely but not for a wedding fair, that's a good day out ruined! 4.5c here, quite bright. Despite living quite close to the mighty Reigate Hill there is no 8 inches of snow!

It's even worse when you might have to make a big contribution to it, why do brides have to have that perfect day, and how come these days the groom father is expect to cough up? Brightening up a bit.
  • Like 2