Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well said Tams and I'm sure the vast majority of members would prefer to read 230,000 words of your carefully constructed posts, rather than that individuals personal vitriol aimed at you. If I could, I'd give you 2 ticks for those posts, 1 for content, 1 for grammar and I'm probably not the only member that thinks that. It's so refreshing to see someone use the English language to the full, in the world of predictive texting that we live in now.

Should shut-up now otherwise I'll have another post deleted!

Take care Tamarina.

In other news........the flood waters continue to rise at Sparrows Den, between Hayes and Addington, with the water now lapping onto the grass verge/pavement on Addington Road. At least the guy that was sitting on a bench surrounded by 6 inches of floodwater yesterday, got out in time.....or did he, certainly hope so! (Wink)

Regards,

Tomasino

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 7

Posted

Yellow slush at best !

Warm sunshine atm here. BTW MK have signatures been turned off permanently ??

Posted

Glad you are going to continue posting here Tamara  - there are very few people who don't let their bias show on the MOD forum which is why I think it gets so personal  - not many seem to realise it is a model discussion and if the models are reported but don't say what others want toys are thrown out of the pram whether they were correct or not .

Think this is the reason  your posts are so helpful- if you do have a bias you don't let it cloud your reporting of what you see.

I haven't been on this forum for very long but great bunch of people on this thread - think I will just stay in here in future.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Well said Tam.

Sunny here currently. I am leaving the office soon for the day (got something wrong with my ears(all blocked)) im sure you all wanted to know that.....

Personally i dont see any snow for us over the coming days. At the very best a wintery mix, but more than likely just more water dropletts falling from the sky ....humph.....

At least its nearly Friday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I am glad you said that as nobody else mentioned the storm we had in the middle of last night here so i was thinking either i imagined it or it was very localised! There were strong wind gusts which woke me and even now the wind is gusting very strongly.

It was windy here too, but not a patch on all those storm that have been through recently so it didn't really bother me. Although when I was taking my toddler to nursery he got a little scared. He's never liked the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just had a hail shower here in MK it came out of the blue (well out of a big black cloud actually) I didn't see it coming - just goes to show we can get white stuff falling when we least expect it :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Will it or won't it snow tomorrow?Not unless you live on a mountain in the Southeast. 

Are the tops of the north downs high enough, lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all, hope all are well today.

Some showers during the day but was rather wet and windy this morning, had to go into work an hour earlier than normal and ended up driving in the thick of it around 05:30 and it was hammering it down and howling a good one.  Significant surface water on the roads made my very cautious of not driving to fast or hard braking for the conditions, did not stop the other idiots on the dual wizzing past like it was a sunny dry day, and the outside lane was showing much more water laying on it.

Anyway, very tired now, but must resist urge to sleep too early (that may prove difficult) as I will just end up getting a poor nights sleep later if I do that.

Posted

Afternoon all, hope all are well today.

Some showers during the day but was rather wet and windy this morning, had to go into work an hour earlier than normal and ended up driving in the thick of it around 05:30 and it was hammering it down and howling a good one.  Significant surface water on the roads made my very cautious of not driving to fast or hard braking for the conditions, did not stop the other idiots on the dual wizzing past like it was a sunny dry day, and the outside lane was showing much more water laying on it.

Anyway, very tired now, but must resist urge to sleep too early (that may prove difficult) as I will just end up getting a poor nights sleep later if I do that.

did a daily drive from home to RAF henlow a few years back, recall the A1M being an ice rink at times; yet clowns still on lane 3 foot all the way down :nonono: recall one year that the snow had toppled some trees over onto the hard shoulder and lane 1 and saw a few drivers half asleep only noticing a huge tree in the way just in time :rolleyes:

current radar showing a dry slot for a while, might take the opportunity to go home now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

did a daily drive from home to RAF henlow a few years back, recall the A1M being an ice rink at times; yet clowns still on lane 3 foot all the way down Posted Image recall one year that the snow had toppled some trees over onto the hard shoulder and lane 1 and saw a few drivers half asleep only noticing a huge tree in the way just in time Posted Image

current radar showing a dry slot for a while, might take the opportunity to go home now Posted Image

Mad buggers the lot of them.

RAF Henlow, that has brought some memories back, used to go every year as kids to the airshow there.

Oh, just had a short sharp shower hear, I do need to nip out at some point, but only to the local shop to pay for something via the paypal/paypoint/payzone thingy they have.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Currently in Leatherhead (normal place of work when not traveling) - had hail shower around 1pm and just had some very loud thunder that seemed to shake the room/office - loudest Ive heard in UK - thought I was back in the Far East with monsoons.....temp seems to have dropped........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

you cain't beat a bit of solid unbiased analysis to help the majority of members here to not only have an understanding of what the weather might bring but also to learn more about the mechanics behind the weather

Excellent Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

from the met office Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, sunshine and showers at first. Band of persistent rain and hill snow spreading eastwards later. Sunday, becoming drier and brighter, but rain overnight, clearing to blustery showers on Monday.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 4 Mar 2014 to Thursday 13 Mar 2014:

During the first week of March conditions look set to continue to remain unsettled with further showers or longer spells of rain. The heaviest and most persistent rain most likely across northern and western areas, with some snow possible, mainly over northern hills. Windy at times, with a risk of gales in the exposed north and west. Some drier and brighter periods are also likely, especially across southern and eastern parts. Temperatures generally fairly normal for the time of year, with a risk of overnight frost and icy patches in quieter interludes. Through into the following week, conditions are likely to remain changeable with further wet and windy weather, but there are some indications that conditions may become more settled later, especially in the south.

Updated: 1203 on Thu 27 Feb 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

There's some muckle great clouds floating around up there this evening....

post-17085-0-41486000-1393522127_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

on with the weather folks!......c'mon, snow dammit, you know you want to!

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

First shower of the day to hit the capital, still temps are falling.

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hey snowlady! Hope u well today. Love Tamara's posts. Was some interesting cloud scapes on way out of Waterloo tonight. And looking a bit dark now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok folks, I'm going to clear up the thread a bit......Apologies in advance if I edit or delete any individuals postings, just restoring thread sanity...

cheers! Posted Image

done......my index finger is now sprained...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Its been a super end to Winter sat out in the garden all day today......Sunny and very Mild...Lets hope next Winter is warm again. Nuff Said