Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

thanks bj above i was actually just commenting on the nice sunshine.... had a chance to look at the extended weather. Now this weather has been long and arduous at times...

why does bucks oxfordshire and a few other places on latest warning just out for snow keep nicking it all

please explain AHHHHHH

You are subscribed to London & South East England for Met Office.

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes & Oxfordshire valid from 0005 Fri 28 Feb to 1200 Fri 28 Feb

Posted

Good afternoon lovelies,

Such a beautiful spring-like day today and it's lovely to finally feel some warmth from the sun.

Thank you all for the lovely photos...really inspiring.

So relieved for you Snowlady x

• Like 5

Posted

Hi all thank you for all your best wishes x

Yesterday went well had biopsys taken and they said they couldn't see any cancer but to be sure will

Have to wait 2-4 weeks for results . And I have to have a op under ga to get rid of

The pre cancerous cells

Once

Again thank

You all your all so lovely and have really helped me get thru some tough times I want you all to know if anyone ever want a ear I'm here

For u xx

Lovely sunny day today that matches my families smiles Posted Image

I think it's fair to say that I can speak on behalf of everyone here on NetWeather in that we wish you the very best of luck for the surgeries and the full biopsy results (reassuring to know the prelims yesterday look good.......Although it's not something I normally talk about, I've had 3 cancer scares in the past 10 years and 2 resultant sugeries, so I totally empathize with you and am certainly rooting for you Posted Image )....All the very best Posted Image

So pleased with the initial findings snowlady.

And whilst I rarely mention it, I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 29, I had a lumpectomy and 22 years later I'm still here Posted Image 

Having trouble adjusting to sleep UK time, not to mention the weather. Thailand is a lot warmer than here and my old joints are complaining again about the cold.

Never mind, nice to see blue skies and pleased that I didn't miss a snow event whilst away. 

Are there any spring forecasts out yet? I

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. What a beautiful day. It fills one with hope doesn't it when the sun shines. :)

I am going back to Naaaarich after all, and I am quite pleased about it now. My head is full of plans (must be the nice weather)

It's been a horribly stressful month or two but we can now see the light at the end of this tunnel. And it started as a stressful morning...so sorry if I sounded a bit short in my morning post. :(

Wonderful news Snowlady. I am so happy for you, hun. :)

Have a good rest of the day, folks. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

afternoon all :)

what a beautiful day! almost as nice as Monday which was amazing. Its such a real treat after the total dross we've had for a few months. I've been out all day with the wee one taking pics. We just saw a rainbow which wasnt a rainbow (one in the clouds) I cant think what they're called. I've seen a few of them and they're always in the same place in the sky...weird! When I've sorted through my 500 odd pics I took today I'l post one up!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Great Pics Tilly.....really springlike.

Lovely out there this avo.....

Great news SnowLady....what a relief.

L x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

What a fantastic bright and sunny day it has been here, and fantastic news SL, bet your beaming more than the sun is :)

Had quite a good day, now know a good way of sending automated emails and alerts from a server, just need to write the VB, DOS and FTP scripts for it to all work, the joys of I.T. never end :lol:

Weekend is according to the forecast not looking too shabby for my three days off, this means there is a good chance of visiting the local wetland areas for some pic taking.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh NO!! Well, it can stay away from this area. Not snow, not now we've had a taste of Spring. The birds and daffs will be having a nervous breakdown. :O Not to mention us lot. :O :O :O

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

here we go...they always appear in the exact same spot in the sky from where I'm looking in my garden. Todays one...

Posted Imagerainbowcloud.jpg

some other ones I took today...can see a bit of a theme here hahaPosted Imagesquizzo2.jpgPosted Imagesquizzo3.jpgPosted Imagesquizzo4.jpgPosted Imagesquizzo5.jpg

Looks like the little bugger who steals all my nights every autumn. 10.5, sunny, light winds, I WANT SNOW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I did see on the forecast this morning a mention of it, and I am in the bottom right of it just so it may actually snow here, and I do not want it now, winter is too far gone, nature and spring have sprung (seems and feels like it anyway) and the flora and fauna think so too, that will not be good for them.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted

I did see on the forecast this morning a mention of it, and I am in the bottom right of it just so it may actually snow here, and I do not want it now, winter is too far gone, nature and spring have sprung (seems and feels like it anyway) and the flora and fauna think so too, that will not be good for them.

It'll only be a very transient event so nature will cope with this i'm sure !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all, delighted to hear the good news Snowlady, I'm just catching up after a morning enjoying the spring like sunshine here in MK and came back to the computer to find this..........

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes & Oxfordshire

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Essex & Luton

Rain will turn to snow for a time, mainly over the high ground during Friday morning. Over low ground it is unlikely that any snow will accumulate but many areas may see falling snow and slushy deposits for a time.

The public are advised to be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel especially during Friday morning rush hour.

Issued at:

1337 on Wed 26 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid to:

1200 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

An area of low pressure is expected to move eastwards on Friday. There is considerable uncertainty in its track and therefore on the risk and location of any snow.

This warning will be kept under review and the public are advised to keep up to date with the forecast and warnings.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=149045DF-0ADA-2113-5AF7-6E562338A28A_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=139354560

....I can't really get excited about the slight possibility of some slushy deposits but I guess it could be a good photo opportunity with the snowdrops in full bloom if there is a bit of white stuff on the ground Friday morning !!

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

this low is slightly further south and the 528 dam air is completely over the south east at this time

ukmo at 120

Posted Image

Posted Image

all have a wintry potential

will update later though as a tad busy at present

hope your all well

hi snowy glad to hear your news Posted ImagePosted Image

john

edit

sorry still the earlier fax charts

will put up the new ones later Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Good news snowlady. I wish you all the very best to you and your family.

Still a bit light which is rather good! Cannot complain as saw the sun today.

Good evening all!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I think you might do well out of it perfect storm, but for London it will  be one snow flake that melts before it hits the ground.Posted Image

Posted

All this nice weather and talk of Spring has made me think about planting up my old sink at home. It's like this (below) and I want loads of red and white geraniums in it....or mini conifers.

Still a bit light here.

post-17085-0-59704100-1393437999_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

in the heavy precipitation as that stands

snow is very likely

and not just the north of the region

however expect changes because it all depends how this low crosses us

• Like 5

Posted

pfft  sorry but im laughing at some people getting excited over some slushy snow.. shows how desperate we arePosted Image and after todays spring like conditions dont wanna see any that thanks, ive got bluebells, dafs, daisys and loads of blossom all near me in a park, and after this winter its awesome to see

• Like 3