Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Sounds very active from here. Lots of thunder runbling to my south. Sun still shines here after a very brief shower about an hour ago.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Loud thunder about 5pm here with decent sized hail stones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Bish, must be very localized......massive drops here :laugh: 

Very nice day here today, long sunny spells since around 9, it turned a bit cloudier though for a time 12-1.

Temps around 17c, but feeling much warmer than that in the sun.

Posted

With LOW pressure in control and a Westerly flow, tomorrow morning looks set to be the first for a long time with a Bristol Channel shower streamer. Then as the daytime heating takes over the line of showers will be more inland from Cornwall right up to the SE Midlands.

Glorious evening in West Wiltshire with bright sunshine and the half moon high in the blue sky, a line of anvils to the South where some places in Dorset seem to have received well in excess of half an inch of rain since mid afternoon. Much fresher than many recent evenings, 17.2c at present.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Great weekend with hardly any sleep... Now I'm tired, I cannot sleep.

11.3C much fresher than of late.

Here's a few pics I took on my phone last night

post-15177-0-27459900-1404695644_thumb.jpost-15177-0-12030800-1404695831_thumb.jpost-15177-0-17367900-1404695872_thumb.jpost-15177-0-58472300-1404695917_thumb.j

My friend did a couple of hours fishing during a beach party, he caught a 4lb dogfish. Although I would have put it back, he coshed it, gutted it, then put it on BBQ. Everyone had a taste of rock salmon. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Great weekend with hardly any sleep... Now I'm tired, I cannot sleep.

11.3C much fresher than of late.

Here's a few pics I took on my phone last night

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140706_03_39_12_Pro.jpghttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140706_00_49_26_Pro.jpghttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140706_04_48_19_Pro.jpghttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140706_00_53_36_Pro.jpg

My friend did a couple of hours fishing during a beach party, he caught a 4lb dogfish. Although I would have put it back, he coshed it, gutted it, then put it on BBQ. Everyone had a taste of rock salmon. :)

You still awake! :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok:  Fresher down in London too tonight! Did it stay dry by the beach? 12.8c clear!

Posted

You still awake! :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok:  Fresher down in London too tonight! Did it stay dry by the beach? 12.8c clear!

Yep. It started off windy, but as soon as the sun set, the wind dropped down- just enough to keep the fire smoke going in the same direction.

Posted

Have you been up for 24 hours now? Can't think of any more weather related stuff to add here.......erm humidity 70% :laugh:

Posted

Have you been up for 24 hours now? Can't think of any more weather related stuff to add here.......erm humidity 70% :laugh:

:laugh:42 hours nearly. I was up for 9am yesterday.I had cod-eye most of the day, if I sat down for anymore than 5 mins, I would have probably fell asleep.I had a couple of beers at my local, now I'm home, I'm wide awake- sods law.Temperature at the quay was 12C >_>

Posted

Read the MOD thread, that might help you sleep! (Joking) Chance of showers down south tomorrow!

Posted

:laugh:42 hours nearly. I was up for 9am yesterday.I had cod-eye most of the day, if I sat down for anymore than 5 mins, I would have probably fell asleep.I had a couple of beers at my local, now I'm home, I'm wide awake- sods law.Temperature at the quay was 12C >_>

Read the MOD thread, that might help you sleep! (Joking) Chance of showers down south tomorrow!

I heard the wreckers had been out at the weekend trying to draw ships onto the Old Harry Rock!

4lb doggy a good one, getting on to Bull Huss size. No bass showing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cool, sunny start with cumulus building out west. Nice deep blue sky - these slack rPm spells are great for visibility.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just had a short (10-15 min) sharp downpour ... dark cloud is passing above now, but not dropping anything.

Posted

Looking at the radar, there are some beefy looking showers moving up from the SW right now. No electrical activity so far however.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just leaving for a trip up to Great Malvern to see the in-laws.......but on the bright side, might get to see a storm today!  :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

Judging by the latest radar images, the MO's forecast of 'scattered, locally heavy showers' for the SW today looks one of the worst they have put out for some time, especially during the working week.  Showers always looked likely to merge into longer spells of rain, with many parts of the region set to get a real soaking this afternoon.....must try harder!!

Posted

Judging by the latest radar images, the MO's forecast of 'scattered, locally heavy showers' for the SW today looks one of the worst they have put out for some time, especially during the working week.  Showers always looked likely to merge into longer spells of rain, with many parts of the region set to get a real soaking this afternoon.....must try harder!!

I just posted the difference between the radar and the NMM, way off the mark. The Euro 4 is too..Blue skies and 20°C here. It's I shame I don't record sunshine hours, we've had so many!

Posted

A few recent strikes between Wellington and Tiverton and I think the M5 is going to be a good indicator of where the showers keep aligning all afternoon, that along with another line through East Dorset, NW Hampshire and South Wiltshire.

In between the 2 lines here with warm sunshine and the respective shower clouds visible to the W/NW and S/SE.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Same here, Andy, can see the sheet of grey to the N/NW, but everywhere else is blue sky and small cumulus.

Just to add that yesterday's heavy showers only produced 3.1mm rain, I thought it would have been more the way it was hammering down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I have to say I wasn't expecting a radar that looks like that! That's one area of rain, not scattered heavy showers haha. Now I hope they all stay out west as a damp, dreary afternoon is not something I bargained for.

Posted

Was also thinking the showers, and then rain look much more extensive than any of the models predicted (not just the Met Office)

the line of heavy showers up the SW peninsula, prolonged in places was forecast, but I don't think the rain behind them and that they are merging into was on the charts much.

Although the Met office update at 4am did say 'A dry and bright start to the day for most. However, scattered showers and increasing amounts of cloud will spread steadily eastwards through the day, the showers perhaps heavy and merging into longer spells of rain at times. Maximum Temperature 19 Â°C.'

Had a heavy shower this morning, just had another brief shower and after it I could see heavy rain falling just across the fields, and could make out individual drops in it. This came as close as 50m away with just the odd very large drop landing in the garden..

Gone generally cloudy here now though but that was kind of shown on the charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Bum. Those strikes missed me by miles. :( Though, the wind has picked up and this meany is out the front.

post-20399-0-32733100-1404736468_thumb.jpost-20399-0-63482700-1404736490_thumb.j