Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It hasn't been to bad here, forecasts were a bit pants for this location. I had 10.4mm of rain, it stopped around 10am and it hasn't rained since.

Currently bright, breezy and 14℃

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Light rain here - that horrid fine stuff that soaks ya through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Grey sky day. Some drizzle. 13.2c.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some very sharp short showers passing through here.

Posted

I've just merged together the Wales, Midlands and Southwest England weather discussions to form this new thread as per the discussions here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80194-regional-threads-changes-for-summer/?p=2965003

This is region 4 on the map - there is some overlap so those close to the borders please feel free to post in the discussion which suits you best :)

post-2-0-02104100-1399377716_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Good evening to everyone within our expanded region.

Well here in the centre of England today has been a washout until this evening.

Unfortunately the forecast was as bad as expected and there was little respite from the persistent rain through much of the day.

I had an interclub seniors golf fixture at Atherstone GC today and we all got a good soaking.

At least the post match meal was good along with the company.

Looking better tomorrow with just some showers around dying away later.

Saturday though-Yuk.

Posted

I was sat in my car in Lyme Regis today around midday and could have sworn I heard 2 rumbles of thunder but theres nothing on here about thunder so maybe it wasnt *shrugs* it was raining at the time and looked black out to sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its great that I am now in the same region whether I am in Falmouth or at home in the Midlands. :D Cheers to the South West portion of the country. :lol:

• Like 3

Posted

Strange this morning - radar showed a band of fairly heavy rain passing westwards past us but we got virtually no rain, maybe we were just to the N of it. Has it caught you Mapantz?

Perhaps it is coastal advection cloud running along the Ridgeway.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Some heavy rain here yesterday, 15.3mm in total, but hey this is Wales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Good morning all

Im spoilt for choice, as IOW is in both 4 & 5 :)

Im in 4, or is it 5, im confused, bit like the weather, cant make up its mind what to do :)

Damp

cloudy

Showers

Temp at 11.9c and rising

Pressure 1010.9mb (rising 0.8mb.hr)

Humidity 92%

• Like 2

Posted

More short sharp showers here this morning.

Posted

Dry. The grass cutters are around. Broken cloud allowing some sunshine. No rain expected in day light hours.  15.6c. In the shade the  sensor is reading 12.1c. 

Posted

Strange this morning - radar showed a band of fairly heavy rain passing westwards past us but we got virtually no rain, maybe we were just to the N of it. Has it caught you Mapantz?Perhaps it is coastal advection cloud running along the Ridgeway.

Hi egret, I had a shower this morning, around 8am, only 0.6mm came of it though. :)Currently sunny and 14.8℃ - slightly breezy, but not too bad.A big hello to everbody else now we're merged! :D
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Morning all... And 'BIG' all!....To fellow weather peeps in the Wales/SW threads :) Lets start by saying, i hope we have some interesting times ahead this Summer, i'm sure the SW will have Bragging rights when it comes to how much sun we have :p I remember last year, Blizzy kept popping into the Midlands thread saying how lovely it was in Falmouth

(wall to wall) when we had cloud cover :closedeyes:

Looking forward to reaching the magical 25c mark, then on to 30c 8) and yes some good old thunder & lightning!! Love a good break down me! then back on to wall to wall Sunshine.. Happy Days :D

After early showers... expecting more showers as the day progresses...Currently 12.9 c.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

When ya back triple?.... To this lovely green land of ours and yes trust me.... GREEN is the word for it atm ...lol!

Posted

Talking of interesting times ahead, this time next week is looking fine with HP slap bang over us and temps widely into the 20's.... FINGERS CROSSED :yahoo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Perfect day for drying washing with plenty of warm sunshine and a very gusty Westerly wind. The amount of blue sky is increasing with just scattered Cumulus now as the brief ridge of HIGH pressure approaches. 

Good morning all

Im spoilt for choice, as IOW is in both 4 & 5 :)

Im in 4, or is it 5, im confused, bit like the weather, cant make up its mind what to do :)

Stay in 4 please, I enjoy reading what's happening on the IOW lol !!

Posted

There she is, waiting in the wings!

post-15177-0-17006900-1399635142_thumb.j

It's looking pretty darn windy tomorrow! A MO yellow warning out for Cornwall and parts of Devon.

This says it all really..

post-15177-0-05275800-1399635123_thumb.j

With trees in leaf and many weakened from the winter storms, it could cause a few problems.

Posted

Just been looking at that update; http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_warnings.html

Gale force westerly winds are likely to affect parts of southwest England on Saturday afternoon and evening giving gusts of 50 to 60 mph.  The public should be aware that this could lead to difficult driving conditions and perhaps some disruption to outdoor activities.

Posted Image

Posted

Morning all... And 'BIG' all!....To fellow weather peeps in the Wales/SW threads :) Lets start by saying, i hope we have some interesting times ahead this Summer, i'm sure the SW will have Bragging rights when it comes to how much sun we have :p I remember last year, Blizzy kept popping into the Midlands thread saying how lovely it was in Falmouth

(wall to wall) when we had cloud cover :closedeyes:

Looking forward to reaching the magical 25c mark, then on to 30c 8) and yes some good old thunder & lightning!! Love a good break down me! then back on to wall to wall Sunshine.. Happy Days :D

After early showers... expecting more showers as the day progresses...Currently 12.9 c.

I got that wrong... i was expecting quite a showery day, today, here that is! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

They seem to of wanted to stay to the north of our region, suits me, sir! :wink:

Posted

Had a couple of light showers already, and bits of Sun here and there, but this wind is really picking up. You don't expect this kind of blustery day, let alone warnings of gales in May. Feels quite warm in the sun out of the wind, but still only 14C.

Posted

Been out on the patio transplanting.. Just the sunshine for it.. 14.9c.  Did not go in the shade where it is 13.7c...

Posted

Rather cloudy but mostly dry here in west Wales, quite windy earlier high so far a coolish 13.8c.