Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

It's the Weatherpro tablet app for Android Bish.

Ah, not something I can use in that case - but cheers anyway :)

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gone very cloudy here in the past hour, Temp 20c. 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yeah Cs layer but still 22c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Was looking forward to a sunny day here. Instead it's clouded over by 2! Very disappointing and not forecast.

Posted

Breeze has picked up a little here, Giving me a perfect opportunity to poison a Wasp Nest which has been a nightmare for sitting out in the garden for the past week!  I nearly pulled my back dodging them....

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

So much for today being a 'warmest day' contender! Mostly cloudy now, and quite breezy as well.

Currently 22.7c

Bish

Posted

Almost totally clouded here now, was hazy earlier- thought that front was supposed to go north of here?Was actually more haze than forecast overnight as well.

Was looking forward to a sunny day here. Instead it's clouded over by 2! Very disappointing and not forecast.

If there is a front coming into the NW there is always the likelihood of Cirrus pushing 100s of miles ahead of it!

Posted

At least it hasn't produced a SE v the rest for today at least- but another strange thing about this "front": there's hardly any rain on it! The radar shows just a few patches, mostly over high ground. As for cirrus pushing in, there hasn't been any here, it was straight from clear skies to altostratus.

Posted

If there is a front coming into the NW there is always the likelihood of Cirrus pushing 100s of miles ahead of it!

Sure Andy, but I wasn't expecting that until tomorrow. Today has mirrored tomorrow's BBC graphics.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Very pleasant on the Jurassic coast today, sunshine, some high cirrus and a cooling sea breeze.  This is Hive Beach at Burton Bradstock at half nine this morning.  Much hazier inland this afternoon, and feeling warmer than the 22°C at 16.00.

post-8165-0-25377400-1404318260_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Dull and grey all afternoon after the lovely start, the haze that thick the sun cannot be felt at all despite hovering close to 22c, classic strato grey Shropshire vs 26c+ South East tomorrow and Friday, holding onto hope that the weekend's shower free still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Expecting higher temps today, but more cloud this afternoon than i expected in which properly kept the temps down, but a nice day in total.... still at 20.8c here :)

Posted

Is it now looking cloud all day here in the southwest tomorrow?

Posted

Coolest min since the 5th June last night with a min of 7.2c.A good day today with lots of sun, the sun slightly hazier from high level cloud at times but only this evening has the sun mainly gone. A breeze from the coast and 20.2c max felt warm enough.

I'm hoping for some convective potential and showers at the weekend like the GFS. Slacker winds and closer to the centre of the low perhaps. Don't want the UKMO that looks to keep more interesting showery potential further NE but we get stronger NW winds instead, and then it is slower to move the low and keeps us with cooler NW winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Was forecast actually, a front moving down from the NW,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep very warm but cloudy afternoon. Getting rather concerned now that all we can seem to achieve this year is 20-24c. Even the SE can only push 26c or so. No sign that in the future that we will see 28/29 or even a 30. I feel our luck is waning now too and troughing is going to feature more and more over July. GFS initially looks nice but we are just on the edge of HP all the time, inevitably likely to downgrade and let unsettled conditions in really. Disappointing.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Was forecast actually, a front moving down from the NW,

Yep... tomorrow.

Posted

Yep very warm but cloudy afternoon. Getting rather concerned now that all we can seem to achieve this year is 20-24c. Even the SE can only push 26c or so. No sign that in the future that we will see 28/29 or even a 30. I feel our luck is waning now too and troughing is going to feature more and more over July. GFS initially looks nice but we are just on the edge of HP all the time, inevitably likely to downgrade and let unsettled conditions in really. Disappointing.

This just seems fated to be the year of no temperature extremes, doesn't it? Loads of very pleasant 22s and 23s in warm sunshine during June, but it just couldn't make the 25, even that Sunday when there was high pressure, no wind and 15 hours of sunshine. Just like we couldn't get below -2 or -3 during the winter on clear nights, that's if it got below freezing at all.

Temperature range this year to date is just 27.5C: it's easy to beat that in a month here.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning.. A cloudy day here and feeling cooler than of late, With light drizzle early'er but not enough to wet the ground.

Temp 13.4c

Wind North 6mph

Posted

Clouded over already and not even the afternoon yet! Can't wait for the next sunny high.

Posted

Clouded over already and not even the afternoon yet! Can't wait for the next sunny high.

Or Cloudy one.. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Currently in Hastings, East Sussex. Weather is sunny, warm and I'm off to the beach in a bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Up to 21.3°C now. I haven't seen it this clear for a long time. I'm not expecting to beat the warmest day of the year here, it is a tad breezy.

My cat is enjoying it though. :)

post-15177-0-31860600-1404384197_thumb.j

• Like 2