Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

I'm totally easy on it all. As long as we can have a bit intimacy with regional threads, it's all good. :)

Have to do it by myself again this morning. 14.9c. broken cloud. Sunny. Plants are enjoying the weather..

Posted

I thought this thread had been closed down for the next few months? Glad to see somebody saw sense and changed their mind  :good:

One or two heavy showers overnight. Currently 13.1c and cloudy.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

Very blustery and showery this lunchtime after a morning with good sunny spells, temp has dropped away to 13.1c after being pleasant at just above 15c earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

right old mixture here on island today, sunny intervals, then overcast, then spot of rain, then overcast, then sunny intervals, bit like me today, cant make up my mind what to cook for dinner :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

With the new proposed regions in the pipe line, IMO I think it's a good idea to merged with our fellow posters Tony H (Wales) and our bizzy in the SW Thread and get to know other's :good:

Because of late it's been zzZZ... I would of got more reaction from a Ouija board ...'is any body there'... lol :p

Last year was an experiment in keeping the R' Threads open and i thought it done well

But recently there's only been a handfull at most and that hasn't been on a regular basis either :mellow: so in saying that, where has everbody gone, this time last year we had;

Barbmac,Staffordshire,Summer of 95,AVFC,I remember Atlantic 252,Arnie Pie, Ian Ballinger,Shaky, Blizzard and Cyclonic Happiness, all these were popping in day in day out!!

I only know this because iv'e being having a look back at last years threads and the weather then weren't too disimilar to what it is now, so you can't say the weather was more interesting, because it wasn't.

So rounding up in what i'm getting at, WHY NOT!! :) At least things on the Midlands region thread will be damn sight more interesting than it is atm :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Hi Dancer i will try and pop in now and then although i admit i am not great on small talk.

Yes i think the idea of expanding the regions when it is usually a quieter time is good from the pov of more members being able to interact.

Meanwhile i have just had my first light shower today but it's been a bright enough morning.

More cloud now and another shower or 2 can be expected anywhere through the area this afternoon before drying out later.

I have a club match tomorrow away at Atherstone GC and not liking the wet forecast.Oh well rainproofs at the ready.

Posted

I think i would permanently be in one of these  Posted Image under shelter.... Getting wet ain't for me! Good luck :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I think i would permanently be in one of these  Posted Image under shelter.... Getting wet ain't for me! Good luck :wink:

Lol Cheers.

Normally if it's prolonged rain i would keep the clubs at home but as this an inter club fixture the teams have to turn up.

I guess if it is very wet a decision would be made to postpone or curtail the match.

The rain area looks like moving across during the morning which is the time we tee off so i can only hope it is lighter or more intermittent -i could just about cope with that!

Posted

Everybody's in the same boat i suppose! The goings going to be hard for everybody... I think it'll be a radar thing come tomorrow morning... Give em hell !!!

Talking of the Radar, a rash of showers have hit here now... Currently, Heavy rain and 13.5c.

Posted

Cats and dogs here and very blustery to go with it, the bright echoes http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile went straight over me here, roads like rivers for a short while :)

Not a sniff of any thunder/lightning :closedeyes:

Posted

Did you know that you can check the radar without even having to leave netweather :D

http://www.netweather.tv/radar 

Cheers paul.. but i'm getting,

Posted ImageError! Unfortunately the page you're trying to reach is no longer on the Netweather website.

Posted

My bad, badly typed link

http://www.netweather.tv/radar

Thanks again paul, i use 'Raintoday' because it lets the user zoom in more, otherwise i would use 'Nw radar' without Q :good:

Posted

Showers, squally winds and feeling rather cool with a dismal outlook *sigh* typical May weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Breezy. Overcast .Dry .Some spots of rain this afternoon. 13.8c. Humidity 68%.

Posted

Lovely sunshine here, to end the day..... :)  Wished i hadn't said anything, full cloud cover now :whistling:

Posted

Looks a tad on the wet side tomorrow, with heavy showers, maybe thunder & lightning into the afternoon.

Posted Image

With the merge coming into effect tomorrow, we may have a lot to talk about with our new neighbours.

Posted

Some very heavy rain heading towards us from the west right now, judging by the radar.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

I thought this sums up the day nicely :)

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Grotty day here in Falmouth. Drizzly and misty. How anyone can like this is beyond me. Hope the charts for next week stay as they are. Could be beautiful Wednesday onwards. Shame it's still a while away!

Posted

Grotty day here in Falmouth. Drizzly and misty. How anyone can like this is beyond me. Hope the charts for next week stay as they are. Could be beautiful Wednesday onwards. Shame it's still a while away!

Exactly my thoughts Blizzards, add to the mix that it's tuned very humid in the warm sector and it's a really grim day. Although only 4mm of rain due to he heavier pulses being fast moving and with only drizzly muck in between.

I truly hope it does settle down from midweek as my outdoor work is beginning to suffer after an excellent April. What is frustrating is that I took the long Easter weekend off which had 90% great weather, it was unsettled for a few weeks of work time, then of course the Bank Holiday weekend was glorious with the change to unsettled happening straight after!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Real grotty day here also, strong winds driving rain, wall to wall cloud cover, supressed temps.

Giving me sunshine warm temps & light winds over this any day.