Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Broken Cloud. Sunny spells. 22.4c in the shade... Weather station 24.3c Outside.

Now, that is over reading.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Now, that is over reading.

I can paste you dozens of weather stations from that area showing 23 and 24C as their highs today.
  • Like 1

Posted

I can paste you dozens of weather stations from that area showing 23 and 24C as their highs today.

My vantage vue was showing just shy of 24C today was 23.7C max

• Like 1

Posted

Some showers now starting to push north out of the channel, nothing thundery.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

24c seems reasonable for a PWS in the SW today yes.

Posted

20.1c max here today, had a heavy downpour around 9:30-10am with a rumble of thunder from the sounds of it, generally a fair deal of cloud but some sunny spells this afternoon at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Nice to hear that some fellow Midlanders seen and heard some action to day :good:

Me.... Now't... Not even a drop! felt today and still does feel humid out there, maxed out today at 22.5c

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Finally west Cornwall has a reasonable thunder risk tonight. Met Office slapping a few thunder symbols around but also the models such as the GFS moving a fair bit of instability in over tonight so maybe some night lightning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nice to hear that some fellow Midlanders seen and heard some action to day :good:

Me.... Now't... Not even a drop! felt today and still does feel humid out there, maxed out today at 22.5c

didnt have internet access but was a storm similar to Saturday, Sandon Road NW of Stafford town centre, apparantly had flash flooding, town was empty as well

Posted

First what I would call a storm this morning,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, August 2nd last year we were hit with a storm and I took some pics, however I have a new phone and so lost them pics I uploaded; is there a way of finding that thread again easily instead of trawling through pages upon pages?

Posted

regional discussions page 3

cheers mark I was expecting page 50, I seem lazy now!Here's a few of the pics from that night to reminisce, (lightening strike not mine - a friend caught it)

post-15338-0-43606800-1402338030.jpg

post-15338-0-59791000-1402338040.jpg

post-15338-0-29954900-1402338048.jpg

post-15338-0-17413000-1402338056.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Interesting showers developing from the south moving north lets see what happens.

Posted

Best to listen with a pair of headphones or large speakers.
Lots of Rolls Rumbles Of Thunder
Shelf Cloud starts to come Over
Another Thunderstorm i had at just before 10am Monday morning the video starts off with first rumbles in the distance somewhere between Wolverhampton and Essington caught some flashes with about 3 cgs.but houses are in the way to see too much but a good storm plenty of sferics on radio.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Wish I was in France right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just seen  a couple of lightning flashes and heard two rolls of thunder from a storm which developed out of nothing to the north of Derby and moved within a mile of here to the east.

Posted

Still nothing here, just more muggy cloudy weather. Last two days have only just topped 20C but felt really sultry- if the sun could stay out it feels like a 25 is possible. Just need that cloud to shove off, unless it's going to give storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some more intense cells to my SW but the thunder element seems unlikely, despite plenty of instability in the Atlantic. :(

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Warm dry and settled here with long sunny spells. No idea what temp is as out working in the fields.

Posted

18.8c here and mostly sunny.

Warm dry and settled here with long sunny spells. No idea what temp is as out working in the fields.

I've always meant to ask, what do you do for a job PM? Sorry if that is a nosey question!

Bish

Posted

Im out dry stone walling atm Bish, Ive a smallholding but also do a little roofing and building work locally. Lovely day here.

• Like 1