Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There was Mr Grimsley telling me how accurate the ATD lightning detector was yesterday, yet it never picked up the thunder and lightning I had this morning. ;)

post-15177-0-13151000-1402304395_thumb.ppost-15177-0-45380900-1402304400_thumb.ppost-15177-0-13789900-1402304406_thumb.ppost-15177-0-51644300-1402304412_thumb.p

Weirdly though, despite what that radar says, there was no rain hitting the ground.

Currently hazy sunshine and 18°C

Posted

Its days like this when I wished my wife hadn't kicked me out as we lived in Willenhall. Best storm I saw there was 23rd Sept 2010

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy rain with thunder an lighting here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Heavy rain with thunder an lighting here now.

Damn! the heaviest rain went either side of me and there was nothing more than a short moderate shower. Heard one rumble of thunder to the  north / north east; it was probably right over your house P.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

5 or 6 cracks of thunder here and the most intense tropical rain that came from the core, it went right overhead. Great start to the day.

Posted

Thunder and lightning to the south now, the radar echo shows some very heavy rain just to the west of Derby.

Posted

Was this a hook echo at all? Sorry I'm learning and was just wondering. :)

post-10638-0-94377200-1402311063_thumb.p

Posted

Nothing. Zilch. Jack. Cloud and drizzle while one lot went over N Wales and another up Telford/Stoke into the Peak. Getting really sick of this stupid town missing EVERYTHING except aforementioned cloud and drizzle now.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

At least you caught a storm Sat morning :)

Posted

You are just not primed alert enough to wake at the slightest rumble :)

Posted

You are just not primed alert enough to wake at the slightest rumble :)

That's the thing- normally I am :lol:. But after 7 years of every storm missing here I think it's gone into boy who cried wolf mode :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This post is for our brontophobe Gordon Webb.

I was like you once, used to freak out when storms broke out, breaking out into cold sweat, rapid heartbeat, hyperventilating you name it I'd experience it. Origins of this phobia probably came about from picking up my dear old mum's (no longer with us) fear of them. My dad told me she was beside herself during the July 1968 monster storms, and me being just 3 years old at the time, must have impacted on me.

Anyway, my cure for this phobia came in September 1984, a week in Northern France which was the most thundery week I've ever known. At least 5 out of the 7 days and nights we were hit by big thunderstorms, first day/spooked me as usual. Second day I went outside and stood outside (safe place) to experience it head on. By the end of that week, I still got the adrenaline rush from thundery weather but a positive one.

Might work for you?

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

Thundering again here with a heavy shower. The last one missed me by a few miles and, according the the rainfall accumulation radar there was a fall of around 30 mm about 6 miles south/southeast of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Was this a hook echo at all? Sorry I'm learning and was just wondering. :)

Posted Imagehookecho09062014.png

I posted in the storm thread about that, that particular return has bow echo signatures on it, so it may have exhibited hook echo signatures shortly afterwards.

post-15177-0-66170200-1402309817_thumb.ppost-15177-0-82409400-1402309810_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ahh so I get messages from home to say it was totally battered by thunderstorms this morning. Stourbridge is doing well this year. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Something coming up from the S now. Only moderate rain on that nothing exciting.

Posted

When the sun is out it actually feels warm. Only thing is it can't stay out for more than 5 minutes at a time.Just can't stop this stupid stratoaltocumulo rubbish from forming and floating around, it can never give storms and is just a pain. What will keep it away...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken Cloud. Sunny spells. 22.4c in the shade... Weather station 24.3c Outside.