Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Absolutely tipping it down and only 10.2c, gross!!!

Charts seem to be hinting at a warm hazy 21c Friday, thundery Saturday and fresh/sunny Sunday one run and then shifting things eastwards the next thus nowhere's ville.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The updated forecasts on the BBC and MO website are still 100% wrong, never known such a calamity!

Posted

The updated forecasts on the BBC and MO website are still 100% wrong, never known such a calamity!

The forecasts over the last few days have been so far off the mark its a good job they dont get paid on performance.

Shocking forecast for today, it was meant to be mostly dry it was anything but.

It makes yesterday's forecast and cloudy and dry when it was sunny most of the day seem almost spot on.

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes thats it the infamous June snow!

Yep i recall driving in to work that morning and seeing sleet mixed in with the rain.

I thought i was seeing things at first.I seem to remember also that a county cricket match in Derbyshire(Buxton?)was called off because of snow.

Most unusual for June but a few days later everything changed and we had plenty of warm,even some hot and sunny weather throughout the Summer.

Oh yes it.s been wet here too today-rain heavy at times this morning.Currently 11C in drizzle and murk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like all things plume are heading east, why does that sound familiar? If this country was situated 1000 miles east or south - the climate would be entirely more fun during all times of the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yep i recall driving in to work that morning and seeing sleet mixed in with the rain.

I thought i was seeing things at first.I seem to remember also that a county cricket match in Derbyshire(Buxton?)was called off because of snow.

Most unusual for June but a few days later everything changed and we had plenty of warm,even some hot and sunny weather throughout the Summer.

Oh yes it.s been wet here too today-rain heavy at times this morning.Currently 11C in drizzle and murk.

For anyone interested re.snow stopped play here's a link with pics.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/derbyshire/content/image/462042.html

..it was indeed at Buxton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Moderate rain here and feeling actually cold in the wind and rain.

Posted

Just had some heavy rain here. Absolutely horrible out there. Thank god this is not going to last much longer.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Would these be the 1975 charts? -4 uppers into N England, quite impressive. Might not have been as wet here as today though, 20mm so far and lashing down and plenty more to come looking at radar.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The GEM model must of liked your post today, Not spot on, but not a million miles away either :wink:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

There is a bright rainbow to the E of here now.

Posted

Looks like all things plume are heading east, why does that sound familiar? If this country was situated 1000 miles east or south - the climate would be entirely more fun during all times of the year!

Looks like all things plume are heading east, why does that sound familiar? If this country was situated 1000 miles east or south - the climate would be entirely more fun during all times of the year!w

Or north (more polar air, aurorae, near 24 hour daylight in summer). Not sure about west though, it's not far enough to get cold off Canada or hurricanes...

Posted

It's actually stopped raining now, it's been at it all day and cold for this time of the year.

Anyway looking forward to tomorrows sunshine & warmth :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

What a damn awful cold day today has been! :angry:

On a positive note our southerly plume could deliver us a high as late teens here (17c) Saturday looking at local forecast, perhaps I shall be able to take my winter woollies off :rofl:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yet again whilst you lot have suffered, not been too bad a day in Cornwall with sunny spells, the odd shower and a pleasant, fine clear and sunny end to the day. Shame here has a 0% storm chance this weekend though!

Posted

What a damn awful cold day today has been! :angry:

On a positive note our southerly plume could deliver us a high as late teens here (17c) Saturday looking at local forecast, perhaps I shall be able to take my winter woollies off :rofl:

Hi mullender, nice to see you posting again. :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Feeling cool here this morning in the breeze, cloudy with spit's & spots of rain.

Temp 7.9c

Wind N/N/W 11mph, Gusting 31mph.

Rain since Midnight 3.4mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Yesterday delivered 25.50mm of rainfall eventually, our rainiest day here since 21st November 2012 when we managed 30.75mm

Lovely and clear this morning, though quite breezy. Currently 14.6c

Bish

Posted

WOW... Double WOW :shok: BrickFielder posted this for Saturday; http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80454-convective-storm-discussion-28th-may-2014-onwards/page-23#entry2981326

proper FI (Fantasy Island) chart or just plain scary.

Posted Image

Which suggests high cloud tops for the UK (more chance of lightning) , very unstable atmosphere (think strong updrafts and hail) , wind speed shear going up the atmosphere and some directional and speed shear in the lowest level.  Not quite a classic super cell , tornado SkewT due to lack of directional shear aloft, but impressive for the UK.  It is however at this range almost certainly a misrepresentation of how the air profile will be on Saturday.

Getting :yahoo: By the way that green long thing reminds me of a tornado!

A max of 8.5c and a min of 6.5c overnight, a mean of 7.5c. I wonder when the last June day as cold as that was? 22mm rain as well.

Currently sunny spells, cumulus and 18.5c. Just 38% humidity too, anyone else getting such low humidity?

Posted

A max of 8.5c and a min of 6.5c overnight, a mean of 7.5c. I wonder when the last June day as cold as that was? 22mm rain as well.Currently sunny spells, cumulus and 18.5c. Just 38% humidity too, anyone else getting such low humidity?

56% here, noticeable evaporation from the pond because of it.Here's one for the fun book..post-15177-0-14948400-1401973461_thumb.p Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

What difference a day makes, yesterday was completely horrid and today is completely the opposite... not bad at all http:////forum.netweather.tv/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

What difference a day makes, yesterday was completely horrid and today is completely the opposite... not bad at all Posted Image

Posted Image

Such a bright day, almost cloudless skies here today, everything looks fresh!

post-15177-0-19086000-1401977211_thumb.j

• Like 1